“Much more than I expected”

Somerset Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warren
Manning, SC
“Much more than I expected”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We spent one night and this hotel and we can't wait to go back. The day manager, Robert, was spot on all the way. We were checked in without any issues and the room was perfect. Clean and comfortable. VERY reasonably priced.
We enjoyed a wonderful buffet breakfast before departing.
My only mildly negative comment is that the place could use a tad more maintenance. The fixtures in the shower were loose as was the doorknob in the bathroom. Minor stuff, easily attended.
I highly recommend the Somerset Hills to anyone staying in the Central NJ area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobOZee
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review The Somerset Hills Hotel! We realize there are many options and when privileged to be the hotel of choice we are truly grateful. We believe Robert to be quite a hotelier as well but there is nothing more special than to hear it from our guests! We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home”! Although we strive for perfection we do fall short from time to time and we thank you for bringing the issues you experienced to our attention. Thank you again for staying with us at The Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren, NJ and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Horrible place. Don't let the nice-looking lobby fool you...we left after 20 mins in the room. Smelly, dirty, damp, completely unacceptable. Trust me, keep driving or try the Marriott across the street. Oh and the gentleman at the desk was so rude when we asked to leave...didn't offer to get us another room, so I'm assuming they're are all the same here. Avoid!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lucy C
On behalf of all of us, I want to apologize for your experience. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention. We have checked our logs, spoken with the Guest Service team and we are at a loss as to when this occurred and who on staff the responsible party is. There is another hotel in the area called the Somerset Hotel; is it possible this is the property? In either case an unpleasant experience is an unpleasant experience regardless of where you stayed. If this was our property again please accept our sincerest apologies.

Travellers are raving about these Warren hotels

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2012

My 78 y.o. mother was booked into this hotel for one evening as we were in town for a wedding. When she arrived at the front desk there was a long line of people (2 weddings in town) and several that appeared unhappy with the check-in process. She was given her keys and went to her room only to find her room was already occupied. She went back down to the front desk with her luggage and was told at that time they didn't have a room for her but would get one and call us when one was arranged and that she needed to leave her credit card and ID with them so they could confirm her check-in and she could pick them up upon return from the reception. While at the reception they called to say they didn't have a room after all and would be booking her a room at their sister hotel (Hotel Indigo) and would send her luggage over (but no mention of her ID and CC). After the reception we returned to the Indigo to check her into her room. We were told by the Indigo front desk staff that her credit card and ID was at the front desk of the Somerset Hills hotel and we said to keep them there and put it aside since we had to go to brunch there in the morning. We checked out of the Indigo (my mom's room and ours) and went to the Somerset Hills hotel for brunch and to pick up the ID and CC. However, after endless searching they were unable to locate the ID/CC. We were informed that the person that was on duty last night was coming in at 3 and that we could ask him about it. However, we live 2 hours away and were leaving within that hour. I stated that we needed the ID/CC to be found and was met with an undesirable attitude. After many calls by the front desk staff they called over to the Indigo where lo and behold the ID/CC were transferred overnight without informing us. Thus, we had to go back to the Indigo to pick them up at the front desk where we had just checked out. Thankfully it was a short drive. What disappoints me most is that there was never an offer to make it up to us in some way (e.g. discount our room for our trouble, free breakfast, something....). I realize it can get crazy with that many people. However, I expect there to be a room when a reservation has been made, and if there's not, I expect something to be done about it. The whole experience was unacceptable.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank hrljw
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
On behalf of myself and the staff of The Somerset Hills Hotel I wish to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience. There are no excuses for not immediately returning ones personal information nor for the manner in which your reservation and check-in was handled. We have taken appropriate and immediate steps to be certain this never occurs again. We appreciate your bringing this to our attention and for allowing us the opportunity to address this with all our staff. Our Guest Service Manager has adjusted all charges for your stay and although this does not change your experience or "right the wrong" we hope it does reflect our sincerest of concerns. If your travel plans bring you back to the Warren area please ask for me (Andrew Pampanin) as I would like to handle your arrangements personally. Once again please accept our sincerest of apologies.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 September 2012

1st) I had to wait for a friend, staff was very accommodating in regards to having a hotel employee take me to where I needed to go.

2nd) I forgot my iphone on said transport from A to B. The staff helped me recover it! (Big Brucie and Jennifer). If you stay here and need anything ask for them.

3rd) the staff is ver polite and accommodating!

Room Tip: Didn't use spa so I gave it an average score.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anthony C
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your business and hope that we can continue to be your hotel of choice whenever you are in the Warren NJ area. Your generous commentary for "Big Brucie, Jennifer, friendly and polite staff are welcomed by us all! The front desk team wants everyone to feel at home as soon as they enter our doors. We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home.” Hope to see you again real soon!
Basking ridge
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I live very close to the hotel and frequent the Taproom. The staff is amazing. Rachel Eva Carley and Flora are always more than accommodating and are part of the reason I'm a patron.

PLEASE get new tvs. The one new one is great but simply not enough! I can never convince anyone to come to taproom when a game is on because of it. A successful bar does not have a bad seat in terms of viewing and unfortunately this bar has too many bad seats.
Please make the change!

Brian

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank brianfZ8825IB
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Somerset Hills Hotel your “home away from home” and we thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and hope to see you again if you return to the Warren area.
Tulsa
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The food was plentiful and very good. The location great. With minor problems everything went off without a hitch. Would go there again. The people were really wonderful from top on down. Easy to work with.

Room Tip: if there is a party going on stay away from rooms over party room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pat A
Good evening and thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your business and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay! Here at The Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren, NJ, it is our goal to make every guest comfortable and feel right at home. There should only be two difficult things that our guests face: What time is happy hour and what time to get out of our comfortable beds in the morning. It warms my heart to see that we were able to make your stay so special. Thank you again for staying with us and writing this review.
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Upon my arrival, I was welcomed by pleasant staff who pointed out that my comfort was the first priority and if I had any questions/concerns, I should feel free to call or come by the front desk. Additionally, I recall a young gentleman by the name of Bruce who gracefully assisted me in obtaining a balcony room. The hotel's cleanliness was exceptionally noteworthy. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at Somerset Hills.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mmatos1975
Andrewhotelier, Vice President at Somerset Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your review! We realize there are many options and when privileged to be the hotel of choice we are so grateful. We believe Bruce to be quite a hotelier as well but there is nothing more special than to hear it from our guests! We try to think of our guests as not leaving work or home and going to a hotel, but more like leaving work or home, to come “home”! Thank you again for staying with us at The Somerset Hills and we hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Courtyard Basking Ridge
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
Bernards Inn
Bernards Inn
#1 of 1 in Bernardsville

Been to Somerset Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!