“Bad service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Village Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 155 Restaurants in Wayne
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Established in 2004, the quaint, country atmosphere of The Village Inn belies the sophistication of the kitchen, where Chef/Owner John A. Martino C.E.C. exhibits his considerable talents. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of traffic, The Village Inn embraces the rustic call of warm greetings.
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Bad service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I don't know why everyone is so crazy about this place but went there last week and the server ignored or rushed us through everything. When we went there at first, we were ignored for 10 minutes until the bartender actually showed us out seats. The lady who was our server was too impatient with us. She treated us like it was our first time in a "fancy" restaurant. When my friend asked for ketchup she said this is a fancy place and we don't have these things. Not even mayo!

Seriously? I don't know of any restaurant that doesn't have mayo!! She was looking down on us. Whenever asked for something she kept bringing reasons as to why we should change our request. As if she wanted to do less work by going back and forth to the kitchen. I don't like my server to roll her eyes on me.

And frankly the food was good. Not excellent but it was good. However I would never go back and make sure to tell my friends not to waste their time there.

1 Thank Layla F

Wayne, New Jersey
“Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been eating at The Village Inn for a few years now.. Always great food & service.. love the Tilapia...have recommended it to family & friends.. will visit again

• Visited May 2013
new jersey
“Fantastic Food and Service!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday evening with a Groupon. What an awesome surprise! The service was great, our waitress was extremely pleasant and helpful, our busboy was very professional. The choices on the menu were incredible. Everything we had from the appetizers to dessert were wonderful. We are already making plans to go back with a friend. I cannot think of one negative to this fine restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
West Milford, New Jersey
“A Marvelous Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I found this gem via Groupon, not knowing what to expect. What we found was a beautiful building, charmingly decorated populated with attentive staff and excellent food. The menu was so enticing that choices were almost impossible! Everything we ordered was nicely presented and delicious. Next time birthday money arrives, I know where we're eating!

• Visited July 2013
Wayne, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but one thing ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have eaten here many times and everything we have had has been very good.
Service good nice place. However.... On our last visit , one guest in our party had the filet mignon
and it was very tough and had to eat. It was a shame because everything else was very good!!
When she complained the waitress said she would tell the chef. She returned and offered us a free round OK but no one else (manager ect ) came over and told us SORRY or what could they do. Our mistake was our guest should have sent it back right away as it was hard to cut, she started to eat it and made the best of it. We will go back but if anything is not up to par
SEND IT BACK AND GET THE MANAGER