“Loud! Too many unruly families & kids - run!”

Residence Inn Wayne
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
Boca Raton, Florida
“Loud! Too many unruly families & kids - run!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Horrible! I had a previous bad experience here but I decided not to post a review - all good people and places do poorly once in a while. But now I have to post, to save the next guy thinking he will get a quiet result nights sleep in this hotel.

Best way to say it - remember in high school when you would rent a room, spilt it 20 ways, fill the bathtub with beer, and stay up all night ? Well, that's what this place has basically become.

The business model is - take care of the long term business traveler with a big room, lots of cozy home-like amenities, and alls great.

But in fact what happens here - just like in high school. Pay $175 bucks and stuff 10 people in a room.

The problem - noise !! Unbearable noise! Twice in a row I've had the same problem, twice in a row a horrible rest.

Ok - thanks for the free night , but honestly I would pay double just to sleep.

And that's just what I am going to do - elsewhere.

Lost a customer for life at this place, and I will think 10000 times over before I ever pice another Residence Inn!

Go elsewhere - you will feel better in the morning for it !

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear reisemann99,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on trip advisor. We truly love hearing from our guest as their comments are vital for our success and improvement.

I realize that what you have experienced was unacceptable and very inappropriate for any hotel and is very frustrating. As you were aware, the staff and I were working on these challenges to provide other guest with the comfort of a good night sleep. We have failed your expectations. Therefore I have given a complimentary night as a token of our sincere apology. I further asked to speak to you before your departure but you have expressed to the Front desk that it wasn’t necessary upon your departure.

We really appreciate your business and value you as our guest and wish not to lose your patronage. I really would love that you give me an opportunity to further discuss this with you. I could be reached @ 973-872-7100 ext. 505.

Thank you again for your business. Safe travels and happy holidays.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just spent the night here and I have to thank the staff for providing my family a room to take quick showers ( after a long drive ) before Thanksgiving dinner, because we arrived earlier than check inn time. Our 2 room suite was clean and very comfortable and a nice way to unwind after the dinner with our extended family.

Room Tip: 2 room suite for families
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate M
previse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, with spacious well-appointed rooms, friendly staff, and an excellent breakfast. The only glitch in our stay was that we paid for three nights but got locked out of our room after only two nights and the room didn’t get tidied up properly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jon V
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel near family in New Jersey. Our flight was delayed, so we weren't able to check in until 3am. The hotel held our room, and was sure to hold the PROPER room. We have a large family, and must have the 2 bedroom suite. We have had problems with other hotels switching our rooms, or not giving us the size room we reserved at the hotel. We DID NOT have this problem here (YEAH!!!).

The next morning, we missed breakfast, but the front staff scrounged up some muffins for us at 11:30 am - all with a smile! I was also pleasantly surprised to see a display of fresh fruit, coffee, tea and hot chocolate bar available at all times too. My kids grabbed the cookies in the late afternoon as well.

The pool was great too. Not teeny tiny like some hotel pools. It is small, but sufficient enough for the cousins to play. The pool are was pleasant and clean. The basketball court was great too.

The lobby and the outdoor patio were beautiful and well equipped. Our extended family was able to hang out and catch up. We had at least 6 rooms rented between all of the family, and everyone was quite impressed - this means a lot in this family!

Our last morning, as we were preparing to check out, my daughter could not find her cell phone. Several of the front desk staff helped me track it with our phone tracking system, and gave me suggestions of where to look. They also were pulling up security tapes for us to see if the phone was stolen when she was in the public areas. As they were pulling up the tapes, a mother with her teenaged daughter walked up and returned the "lost" phone. It was not until after the other family left, that we realized some money and my daughter's driving permit were missing from the phone case. The hotel staff notified the cleaning crew to watch out for the missing permit, as well as posted notes for the front staff. I was so glad they were helpful and pleasant about the whole experience rather than annoyed by our needs.

Members of our extended family visit this area frequently, and we all agree this is the place to stay when we come to Wayne, NJ.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank arbie88
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed at this property for two days for business. This RI met all my expectations and I had a most satisfactory stay and will return.

The Good: the room was large, clean, well appointed and quiet. Everything in the bathroom worked well. I was on the ground floor and had no noise issues. The lobby was spacious and attractive, enabling me and a co-worker to work comfortably in the dining area after the (free) breakfast was over. Free dinner was also a plus and convenience. Neither was haute cuisine, but more than adequate and appreciated. Staff was friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient and plentiful.

The Not-So-Good: I'm sure this was specific to my room, but the refrigerator was pretty noisy. The Internet was pretty slow (I wasn't streaming, just the usual email/web surfing), so I ended up using my hotspot instead. Cable TV channel selection, while on par with most hotels, was only fair.

Despite these nits, this is a very good RI which delivers on the level of service and accommodation appropriate for this category.

Room Tip: First floor give you the convenience of access to the amenities without the elevator, but you'll...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JKHuddy
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear JKHuddy,

Thank you for taking the time to critique us. We really appreciate your comments and value your opinion.

The Residence Inn by Marriott suites are designed to meet your needs to stretch, work and relax with modern essentials such as granite counter tops flat screen TVs and stainless steel appliances. We have customized our lobby with plenty of amenities that enable you to work with your group, We provide engaging events that appeal to our travelers. Our focus is to create an environment that is warm and welcoming. In addition our breakfast includes a variety of healthy and hearty choices so that your day is right from the start.

I am also pleased to let you know that we are working on upgrading our high speed internet access. We understand the need to be connected and are working on exceeding our guest expectation.

If I could be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks again for your comments and safe travels.

Maged Mosaad
General Manager.
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Head turning quotient when driving in is decent as property is well maintained, basketball court outside, good landscaping, yet is what you expect at an extended stay in terms of decor.

Musty carpet in some hallways. Ample common room space with included breakfast and lunch. Not enough electrical plugs in lobby common area for all the business travelers (this is by Toys R US Headquarters so lots of *vendors* like myself looking for a place for their virtual office). Free breakfast/dinner wasn't restaurant worthy but fresh and the staff tries hard- I mean it's free...come on. Small variety of alcohol (wine/beer) for sale in to go market. Fresh cookies by check in counter.

Rooms are updated and large. New carpet and bedding but still an older building. But then the realities of the lipstick on the pig become evident...

For instance:
* Battery in remote for TV was almost dead which made watching tv late at night frustrating. Who wants to call front desk after late night at work to get a battery? I used one I had in my bag since it was already too late to get dressed again and go find a battery.
* Water in shower was so loud there is no way I did not wake up everyone adjacent to me when I do my 6 am morning start
* No lotion in the room
* AC unit is very loud. Way too loud. Have to turn TV up to unnatural volumes to hear it over the AC unit.
* Closet door falls off the tracks and the ironing table in the closet is too close to edge so door slams into it...total cluster to get in and out of closet
* Deadbolt on door won't shut at times (stays in locked position) and have to manually use fingers to push in to then shut door. Very annoying. Extremely annoying.

Net net looks good on the outside but as you stay there you realize what a hole this place is with lipstick on it.

Only reason I would stay here again is b/c it is so close to Toys HQ otherwise C'ya!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank spgISLANDtraveler
Mt. Tabor, VT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Clean, rooms looked like they were recently updated. We were too busy to use the indoor pool but it looked very clean as well. Location was not the greatest. It was a longer drive to NYC than any other NJ hotel I have stayed at, we had to drive through VERY bad neighborhoods in Patterson to get there. The front desk only offered a Chinese restaurant delivery for a late dinner, it was terrible. Breakfast was just like at any other Marriott, more than adequate as long as you do not require omlettes or bacon. I did not see any paper plates or cups mentioned by another recent reviewer. We had all regular utensils.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 1Tricia
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear 1 Tricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We sincerly apreciate your buisness and value that you have taken time to tell us on how we did.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the restaurant delivery. I have spoken with my front desk staff to have more variety of food options the next time you will be in town.

Feel free to contact me directly if I could be of service to you in the near future.

Again, Thank you for your comment and safe travels.

Maged Mosaad
Residence Inn Wane.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
BEST WESTERN Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Residence Inn Wayne? Share your experiences!