“Our stay over the Easter holiday was great...”

Residence Inn Wayne
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
New York City, New York
“Our stay over the Easter holiday was great...”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was great.we had a two room.suite, it was very spacious for a family of four..The staff was very friendly and helpful when asked questions...My kids really enjoyed the pool and basketball court...just wanted some where to sit outside to enjoy the weather...The Breakfast was ok...a lot of carbs if you enjoy this kind of food...overall great place.home away from home environment....

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Garfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I arrived at 2:52 on Saturday March 8 th with my two children and a friend each to a two bedroom suite. We were not acknowledged, there was no eye contact what so ever!!! There were three girls, two brunette a one with red hair. I finally spoke up and said I'm checking in, as the girl with the red hair started to take my name she stopped and decided the guests in the gift shop were more important then I was because she took care of them instead of me. The other girl was in front of the desk on the phone talking about a baby shower she was trying to go to. After several minutes of being ignored, she asked if I was being helped I said I don't know what's going on?! Just then the other brunette picked up the phone and told me she was calling the head housekeeper to see if my room was ready?! I drove up from Bridgewater after roller skating and playing laser tag for my children's birthdays and we were all ready for the room and the pool. I was then told our room would not be ready for another 30,35 minutes!!! I said well what should I do where do I go? No one answered me, the girl with the red hair said the ice vault? I said been there done that and it's very expensive, she just shook her head. Mind you I have 5 kids standing around me wondering what is taking so long. So I put them back in the truck after the hour ride we just did and drive to shop rite. After spending forty minutes there, we went back and the room was ready. After we settled in and I cooked we went swimming. I decided to go in the hot tub to relax, and the hot tub was not hot. Other couples were in there and we all waited for it to get hot, it never did it was a like warm bath, very dissapointing!! While we were in there, teenage girls kept running in and out of a locked exit door in the pool area?!! The door was suppose to be locked, I was going to tell the front desk but one of the girls from the morning was still there and I felt like she would not care anyway. Last but not least we got up early for breakfast and again were disappointed!!!NO BACON??! How can you not gave bacon on a breakfast buffet??!! We left we left so fast never to look back or return again!!!! I have traveled all of my life, and so has my family, I have always stayed with Marriott, but theses girls need to be taught the Marriott way, and need to be put through an ediquite class. I have stayed here before, and never had a problem!! I have never emailed this or complained like this ever, but the general manager of this hotel should be aware who is welcoming the guests and what is happening at this property!! I will never go back and neither will my friends and family. I chose this property because we have family in Wayne and were celebrating their birthdays the next day with them!! I emailed the general manager about my horrible stay and never did he or anyone get back to me , I would have rather had a conversation with someone but this did not happen. I will continue to stay at Marriott, I'm a silver member almost gold, but I deserve an apology!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and value your opinion and patronage.

I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience with us. We deeply value your relationship with the Marriott brand and are committed to providing you with the best level of service. We truly regret our inability to have your suite ready by 3PM check in time and have failed to give you out upmost attention at check in. Let me assure you that what happened is not typical of our hotel and customer service and I have shared your experience with my executive team. We are committed to giving you and our guests the highest standards in service and amenities.

We at the Residence inn have a rotational hot items that are included in our breakfast buffet. Being an extended stay hotel, we have many different selections so that our guest can enjoy different varieties on daily bases.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at 973-872-7100. ext.505 or by email@ mmosaad@buffalolodging.com

Thanks for staying and have a great day.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Travel a lot, and have stayed in many Residence Inns and Homewood Suites. This place excels! Ryan, at check in , handled it better than some of the five star properties I've visited. Decor and housekeeping much better than any of the others. Someone cares about what goes on here and it shows.
The pillows were far and away the best of ANY hotel, period.
Is there a way there can be an exact duplicate of this property in every county in NJ?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CliffwoodTraveler
Liverpool, NY
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Newer version Residence Inn in a business park about 30 minutes from NYC. Outstanding service & cleanliness. Stayed in spacious 2 bedroom suite. This hotel offers a king size bed in one of the bedrooms. Hot breakfast plentiful. Pool & hot tub area a big hit with our teenage girls. Only drawback of this property is that it is about 5 miles from I-80. Will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We chose this hotel with the idea of being near to an ice skating rink down the road. However, once we were there, we were astonished with the décor. The cleanliness felt inviting and we felt at home. We almost didn't to leave the hotel after being in it and surrounded by the wonderful staff and management. They were polite and willing to help even if we didn't ask. The breakfast was extremely delicious. From the moment we stepped in, Lynnette welcomed us warmly. She recommended a two room suite for us to enjoy and to feel at home. What makes me feel happy is to have seen the GM in the morning with a smile and an inviting charisma. At the end of the trip, this hotel was added to a list of my favorite hotels to reside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Horrible! I had a previous bad experience here but I decided not to post a review - all good people and places do poorly once in a while. But now I have to post, to save the next guy thinking he will get a quiet result nights sleep in this hotel.

Best way to say it - remember in high school when you would rent a room, spilt it 20 ways, fill the bathtub with beer, and stay up all night ? Well, that's what this place has basically become.

The business model is - take care of the long term business traveler with a big room, lots of cozy home-like amenities, and alls great.

But in fact what happens here - just like in high school. Pay $175 bucks and stuff 10 people in a room.

The problem - noise !! Unbearable noise! Twice in a row I've had the same problem, twice in a row a horrible rest.

Ok - thanks for the free night , but honestly I would pay double just to sleep.

And that's just what I am going to do - elsewhere.

Lost a customer for life at this place, and I will think 10000 times over before I ever pice another Residence Inn!

Go elsewhere - you will feel better in the morning for it !

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Maged M, General Manager at Residence Inn Wayne, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear reisemann99,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on trip advisor. We truly love hearing from our guest as their comments are vital for our success and improvement.

I realize that what you have experienced was unacceptable and very inappropriate for any hotel and is very frustrating. As you were aware, the staff and I were working on these challenges to provide other guest with the comfort of a good night sleep. We have failed your expectations. Therefore I have given a complimentary night as a token of our sincere apology. I further asked to speak to you before your departure but you have expressed to the Front desk that it wasn’t necessary upon your departure.

We really appreciate your business and value you as our guest and wish not to lose your patronage. I really would love that you give me an opportunity to further discuss this with you. I could be reached @ 973-872-7100 ext. 505.

Thank you again for your business. Safe travels and happy holidays.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
Hilton Garden Inn Wayne
Best Western Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Residence Inn Wayne? Share your experiences!