“Great new restuarant in Wayne”
Review of Novu Restaurant - CLOSED

Novu Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Novu, fine dining is all about simplicity, personalized service, quality, and uncompromised freshness of food. Those who know Tony I. Dumani as the executive chef of the River Palm Terrace in Mahwah, and now chef-owner of Novu, can expect an exceptional menu. The freshest seasonal produce, crisp and uncomplicated flavors, and creative presentation are the essence for the Chef's inspiration. The regular menu embraces such consistent fare as, Prime Aged Steak like, Porterhouse, T-Bone, Filet Mignon and Ribeye as well as, fresh seafood, like Chilean Sea Bass, Salmon, Halibut, shell fish, and delicious pasta dishes prepared to each customer's taste and satisfaction. ​Innovative and imaginative specials are offered nightly, adding variety and creativity to the menu. At Novu, you will receive attentive and discreet service in a warm and charming atmosphere for a truly wonderful dining experience. Our BYOB policy allows you to bring your favorite wines to accompany your dinner. We are open for dinner Monday through Saturday. The whole restaurant is available on Sundays for private parties and Weekdays for private luncheons and corporate meetings before 4:00pm. For an exceptional dining experience, come visit us. Remember to make reservations. We look forward to greeting you!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I just moved recently to Wayne and there are not many good places to eat. We went to Novu last night and this will now be our new "go to" local restaurant. The service was impeccable and the food delicious and beautifully presented. We each had one of the night's specials and they were both delicious. The atmosphere is very lovely and upscale also. It isn't cheap, but the quality of the food reflects the price and since it's a BYOB the bill was reasonable. Love, love, love this place. Wayne just got lucky they opened there!

2  Thank mary4135

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been here twice, and I love it! The atmosphere is charming & the service is impeccable. Both times I have had seafood apps and entrees and they were all fabulous. I highly recommend this newcomer!

1  Thank Luvs2TravelAnywhere
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I always like to have local "go-to" restaurants for when friends and family come visit. Novu is going to the top of our list. It's an upscale dining experience with great food and great service. The prices are not cheap but they reflect the high quality of the food. You get what you pay for. It's BYOB.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

At the last minute I decided to take my mother and daughter out for mother's day not thinking I might need a reservation. Every place I called was booked! I googled restaurants in Wayne and Novu came up and fortunately they had room for us. Beautiful place and excellent food! My daughter had the veal osso bucco which was out of this world! I started with the muscles and clams and could not stop dipping bread into the tasty sauce. I then had the stuffed shrimp with crab meat - another excellent choice! My mother surprised me by eating almost all her filet mignon- she has a very small appetite! We ended our meal sharing a slice of cheese cake- the best I've ever had. Don't forget to BYOB! I'll be coming back soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The place just opened 2 weeks ago. The food was delicious and the service great. We shared an appetizer of mussels and clams in a garlic wine broth that was delightful. I had a pork chop that was tender and juicy with hot cherry peppers. yum! My friend had Chilean sea bass and the other had filet mignon. Both were very satisfied and said it was delicious. The side dishes are minimal and some entrees don't have any, like the pork chop, but I was full just the same. It is a BYO, which is good. The prices are a but high, but the food was worth it.

2  Thank saturncmc