“Stayed for a Wedding”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Howard Beach
“Stayed for a Wedding”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed at the Fairbridge for the night after a friends wedding. I made the reservation over the phone. The staff was very pleasant during that an upon check in.

Our room has a queen bed, nice sized bathroom and a recliner. It is right next to a mini-golf/driving range. We did not hear any noise even though when I went outside at 7:30 in the morning there were at least 15-20 over at the range.

The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of blankets.

The only thing I did not like was you need to use 2 different units to cool the room. There was a unit in the wall that controlled the speed. I put it on high cool but didn't realize that you also needed to adjust the temperature on the wall unit. Not a big deal.

They did have a contiential breakfast but we did not have that, so I can not comment on it. I think there was cereal and even a waffle maker.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Yes, the hotel is hard to find the first time. NJ is notorious for their no left turns--my sister lived here for a whole and that's how I learned about the Celtic Knot roadway systems. This isn't a negative toward the hotel - they can't fix that.

The FairBridge sign is up now, so don't look for a Ramada!

However, I was not informed until I arrived at check-in, about the $100 deposit hold they were going to put on my card. Yep, that should've been mentioned on this site and Hotels.com and the hotel's own site--I checked all 3 for such info prior to reserving.

The front desk people were great, though--very pleasant and friendly. Our room was clean and what I expected. The beds and bedding were great, too.

On the housekeeping: the first day we didn't need our room cleaned, so we hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Before we left on the second day, we switched the sign to Please Service Immediately. We returned that night and nothing had been done.

They DO come by--at 9 AM, I found out later. I've worked at hotels before, I had friends in housekeeping, so I know that you're supposed to check the rooms again after standard checkout time to make sure nothing has changed.

That night, my husband had to go to the front desk and get more towels. He had a good attitude about it--but sighed when I still left a tip. :-)

The adjacent restaurant was closed for renovations--I was grateful we had a car and had access to the mall and other restaurants. We left our car at the Willowbrook Park & Ride and took the bus into NYC. $7.50 per adult each way, plus about $2 for parking. On the weekends, kids ride free.

From the Port Authority Bus Terminal you can hop on the subway, and from the terminal you're already a block west away from Times Square.

We were grateful for the continental breakfast. Muffins, pastries, cereal, Belgian waffles, eggs and sausage were available. An international tour group TRASHED the ample breakfast area one morning--we felt so bad for the girl who had to clean it up! The morning after, however, it was quiet and a nice, relaxing meal.

We did extend our stay for a third night, so it wasn't bad at all. My gripes were the housekeeping and deposit issues. We may stay there again.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms will probably feel safer to single travelers.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Eliza1903
Buffalo, New York, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Nice & affordable hotel! Our groups stayed here, and the customer service was really awesome. Marilyn, the sales coordinator, was so helpful and great to work with. The rooms have been updated so they are nice inside. Clean. Only downside is it can be confusing to get to, but just keep following signs for the "Service Road". Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
nj
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Recently stayed for a weekend and was impressed with cleanliness and newly renovated rooms. From reserving rooms to checking out, the customer service was top notch. Took advantage of complimentary breakfast, didn't use pool, but it looked very well kept and clean. A short walk next door brings you to Cheeseburger In Paradise which was a great bar/restaurant with good burgers and great prices. Would not hesitate to use again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
North Clarendon, Vermont
Reviewed 22 September 2012

PROS:
-Very clean and well-maintained property, looks recently renovated
- Poolside patios for very pleasant take-out dining in good weather
- Spacious, clean bathroom
- Comfortable bed and cushy seating
- Complimentary breakfast if you like those things
- Excellent value at 60.00

CONS:
- Very hard to get to on the Rt. 46 East service road
- 1st floor room smelled musty, probably due to past flooding in the area. Bring Febreze along.
- Could not control room temp. They don't turn on the heat til later in September
- Noisy outside our room on a Saturday night

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lizinvt
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and i used Fairbridge for our wedding weekend, Aug. 19, 2012. Marilyn, sales, was amazing. Beyond helpful and accommodating. They provided us with shuttles to and from The Brownstone, where we were married. They put information out for our guests with details for the weekend and the day of. The front desk staff was great getting all my guest rooms together and handing out gift bags. The rooms are all newly renovated and clean. Huge rooms for the price. The rooms are clean, the grounds were beautiful. Super close to everything and having the golf course and Cheeseburger in Paradise near by was great for us and all our outta towners!!! They also have a shuttle to take people to and from the surrounding area for free! They have a complimentary breakfast with hot and cold foods. I will definitely use them again when visiting and would recommend the to everyone!!

Room Tip: SInce they have renovated the rooms(we started with them before the renovated-so it was an awesome s...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed here for business. The room was clean an comfortable. The value was the best. Called hotel direct they wanted 110.00 for room. Went on hotels.com was able to get room for 60.00. Then to my surprise there was a full breakfast in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Cherished guest
The staff at the Fairbridge Inn are delighted that you experienced a pleasurable stay at an affordable cost. Furthermore, we are glad that you were able to take advantage of the hot and cold continental breakfast. With this, we hope that you keep our property in mind for your future travels. Thank you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fairfield
Crowne Plaza Hotel Fairfield
Best Western Regency House Hotel
Best Western Regency House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pompton Plains

Been to Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area? Share your experiences!