“Good stay for the value. Close to Highways. Would stay here again.”

Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Hotel is under renovation but that is always a plus. Requested a non-smoking room and when I opened the door it smelt like a ashtray! Went to the front desk and they apologized and gave us another room. The room was clean and was one of the newer rooms that had been renovated with hardwood floors and newer furnishings. Quiet, location was perfect for us with easy highway access and friends live down the street. Staff was friendly, accomodating. Breakfast was your average continental breakfast but satisfactory. Will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: Request one of the refurbished rooms. Restaurants are nearby but unfortunately the restaurant attach...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for your valued feedback. We appreciate the time and effort that was put into documenting your stay. I do however apologize for the issue with the first room, and am glad the front desk could resolve it quickly for you. As you have mentioned, our property is currently under renovations and we are also awaiting the arrival of the new restaurant next door. We are hopeful that you keep us in mind for any upcoming lodging needs. Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

expect a 'God bless you' from the people in the room next to you! Nice, clean, newly renovated hotel at a reasonable price, BUT, the walls are paper thin. I was awoken @ 2am to the discussion in the room next to mine. I could have joined in, but they were obviously intoxicated and discussing where the sun went at night. I figured it will dawn on them eventually....
It is a shame, because everything else about the place was quite nice and a great location for business.

Room Tip: Any room that doesn't have people staying next to you on either side!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2013

NEVER AGAIN doesn't explain our frustration and disguist at this hotel. Would have been better off sleeping in my car. The room was so filthy and outright disgusting, my husband and I drove 2 hours home in the wee hours of the morning after a wedding. HUGE holes in blanket, blood on comforter, a shower covered with mold. The hotel refused to give us another room or reimburse us even though we didn't stay. Issued statement to our credit card company that the room was cleaned and WE made the mess! How dare they!!!! Awful management, cheap, truck-stop joint, right on the highway with people literally walking 3 feet from your bed. GROSS GROSS GROSS! Do not waste your money! Stay ANYWHERE but here!!

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms...the place should be bulldozed.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary_S46560
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I just wanted a place to stay the night, so I didn't want anything fancy. This place looked cute, but it turned out to be quite unpleasant. First of all, it was VERY hard to find! I used to live in North Jersey, so I thought I'd have no problems finding it (other reviewers also had problems), but I was wrong! Second, it's like a motel instead of a hotel: the doors are outside (and you have to park by the stairs that lead up to 2nd floor or walk to them in the cold with all your luggage which was annoying). The room was cute but the pillows were horrible and lumpy! The heat, even on low, was way too hot. There was no place to hang your towel. The worse thing of all was that our checkout time was 11am, but the maid had the NERVE to call our room at 9:30am saying she wanted to come in and clean!!! I have NEVER had that happen...extremely RUDE!!! It was like they were trying to rush us out the door an hour and a half early!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I just finished 7 weeks of Hurricane Sandy work in this area of New Jersey. I was here last year for Hurricane Irene and stayed somewhere that was booked this time. The only hotel I found was this remodeled Ramada Inn. I wasn't expecting much but the rooms were nice, the new mattress was the best I've experienced in an inexpensive hotel, good service at the front desk and a decent breakfast.
The only drawback is that it's hard for the GPS to locate, as the hotel is only accessed from the service road and not the hwy. Once you figure how to get in and out, it's actually very convienent.
I noted in the reviews that someone didn't feel safe here, but I found just the opposite. There is a driving range on one side that is fenced completely from the front to the rear and a lake behind it, which limits persons from walking into this area. It was quiet and never had a disturbance in the 6 weeks I was here.
I can recommend this hotel to business travelers as the desk and chairs were very accomdating. It looks like a decent family place also with a nice large pool, but it was cold while I was here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frank L
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Initially I would like to apologize for my delayed response. We here at the FairBridge Inn are over joyed with knowing we could help ease the stress and discomfort that both hurricanes may have caused. As our location has proven to be a challenge we urge guest to follow the “Service road” entrance which will lead them right to our property. Moreover, we do appreciate the time and effort given to create a review. We look forward to serving you in the near future, however hopefully under different circumstances.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

A very Shady hotel, didn't feel safe at all. Found hair on the toilet seat and the shower head. Felt like Javier Bardain was going to come on looking for a suitcase full of drug money. Gross hotel overall.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cee S
JasmineHowe, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Initially, I apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. Unfortunately, the front desk has no record of this issue. In an attempt to rectify the problem feel free to contact me at 973-256-7000 where you can ask for me by name. Hopefully, the general manager and I can come up with a solution to the problem. I would however like to point out that our property does have night security that can be contacted by pressing “0” on your room phone. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I come to this Inn about every 2 months for 2 weeks at a time. I just returned and as usual the rooms were clean, the service great and the hospitality friendly and warm. I can't imagine staying anywhere else for the value. However, I miss CIP and the convenience it afforded. I know it is not the fault of Fairbridge nor their responsibility, but I do hope another restaurant will soon be occupying the attached building. You have until January! :-) See you then.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a room facing the pool. The view is great and it's very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to offer another review of our hotel. We are extremely pleased to know that we have provided exceptional service to you during your multiple stays with us. In reference to the restaurant, we expect a replacement of the cheeseburger in paradise within the upcoming months. However until then, please take full advantage of the variety of delivery options that we have as well as other restaurants in the area the offer a percentage off to our guest. As previously stated, thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in January.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
4 mi away
#1 of 1 in Totowa
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
The Wilshire Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in West Orange

Been to Ramada Wayne Fairfield Area? Share your experiences!