“Visiting NYC - Excellent location, great hotel.”

Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Weehawken
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Visiting NYC - Excellent location, great hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

The hotel staff is fantastic. They are polite and friendly. The hotel lobby, room and elevators are clean and well maintained. Our three night stay was superb. The hotel was booked to capacity based on the multiple bus loads of teenagers traveling to see NYC. The hotel management and staff serviced everyone with a superior level of customer service and respect. The hotel restaurant served up a hearty breakfast plates or buffet. The view of NYC skyline is awesome. The hotel is located a short drive to the Lincoln Tunnel and you're in midtown Manhattan quickly.
Plan on staying there during our next visit to NYC.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Manhattan Skyline.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthes M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We truly enjoy hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay. We will make sure to share your nice words with our staff since they truly give 100% to provide the service we are so proud of.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rahway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed just one night for a wedding. The location is great, overlooking the NYC skyline and an easy ferry ride to the city/ cab ride to Hoboken. The room was huge with a living/ working area and separated bedroom area. It was very clean, with a modern bathroom and comfortable bed. Shampoo, conditioner, and lotion were provided, as well as a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. The shower had good water pressure.There was plenty of lighting, which I find rare in many hotels. The thermostat was a modern digital kind, which made the temperature much easier to control. There were 2 bottles of water in the room, but only one was complimentary - read the label carefully.

We went to Masina, the on-site restaurant, for drinks and found the service friendly and the prices decent. The room service menu had some items (glass of wine, omelette) priced at about average for the area, while others (bowl of cereal, coffee) were marked up quite a bit.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but they didn't seem to have enough people on duty. We had to wait in line for check-in, check-out, and when we had a question.

Even with the wedding block rate, the hotel was not cheap. Also because of the wedding, we didn't shop around, so I am not sure how it compares price-wise to others nearby. However, it definitely does provide luxurious rooms and an ideal location.

Room Tip: 7th floor - quiet and good view
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank majesty318
Matthes M, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about our hotel. It is our pleasure to be a part of such a special weekend for not only the Bride and Groom but their guests as well. We do offer special packages, so please "like" us on Facebook to get the most current offers. We have shared your comments about the front dek with the appropriate manager and we use this feedback as a training tool for our team.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I know I shouldn't rely on internet pics, but I did and was a little disappointed. The room looked so much bigger than what it really was. Housekeeping did not clean up any plates, bowls cups, they just did the bed and provided towels. Even if I left the trays outside, they wouldn't be picked up for a long time. Upon arrival staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm sad that I did not get the name of the male on the frontdesk staff Thursday night March 21st, he helped me get milk after hours for my son. THANK HIM SOOOO MUCH FOR ME! There isn't much around the hotel to do, but a 10 minutes ferry that picks you up right in front is awesome and the view is wonderful. The restaurant, food was great! There is pool and a gym too.

Room Tip: West Wing, very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your valued input. Your comments are invaluable in helping us identify opportunities for improvement, while assisting us in creating the ideal customer experience for the future. Your feedback will be shared with our Housekeeping team and used as a training tool to ensure this does not reoccur in the future. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you this is not the standard service we provide.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Had to stay here because the W in Hoboken screwed up my reservation. We stayed in the Executive King room, nothing special, nice room but a great view of the Manhattan skyline. Not especially impressed with the hotel, so that is why I gave it an average rating. Ruth Chris Steakhouse is right across the street so that's a plus if you have to stay here. I've stayed in many a hotel before and have paid cash, but have NEVER been asked for double my room rate for a security deposit. NO idea where they get that from and suggest they get rid of that policy. IF I am stuck again in that area and have to stay at this hotel I would not for that simple reason, that's a terrible policy to force upon your patrons. We instead chose to use our CC and only had to leave a $50 imprint for security. Terrible when paying cash is a detriment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value our customer feedback and use the information to assist with training and policy review. We also apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

My first impression of this hotel was not good. The lobby was small, bland and understaffed. I hand to wait about ten minutes to check in only to be told that my room was not ready. Check in time is 3:00PM and I was hoping I could check in a little early, at 2:30. My room was not ready until 4:00PM. Their excuse was that they were fully booked the night before. In my opinion, if you are running a hotel, you should hope to be fully booked everyday and still accommodate your guests.

When I finally did get to my room, I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was gorgeous, immaculate, and comfortable. I reserved a room with a view of the NY skyline and was delighted with the wall to wall windows. Also, on the 10th floor, they offer a suite with free continental breakfast in the AM and hors devours in the PM, everyday.

I had to rush to get ready to go out, due to the late check in, but when I returned later that evening, I was surprised by a note of apology and two bottles of beer with pretzels. Very nice touch. Also, their apologies and offers to assist me in any way they could were very sincere. Hector, a member of their guest services staff, was the best!

Overall, I can't wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the NY Skyline View!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Matthes M, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your recent comments. We would like to first apologize for the less than exceptional service you encountered upon arrival and assure you this is not our standard level of service we strive for. It is our goal to exceed our customers expectations from arrival to departure and we are just sorry we fell short of this during your stay. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Your wonderful remarks about Hector will be shared with him.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

We booked a room with a view of the N.Y. skyline and it was worth the extra fee. We had never stayed in New Jersey as we usually stay in N.Y. but we were quite pleased by the view. All the staff members we talked too have been very polite and helpful in providing information about transportation and attractions. The room was large with a living-room section and office space. There are 2 T.V. The ferry is right next door so it is very convenient but if you're a family it can be quite expensive, so make sure you ask how much it costs before purchasing your tickets at the front desk. Once you get to N.Y. there are free shuttles to take you to various areas, just make sure you hop on the right bus. Your other option is to take the bus which is also next to the hotel and costs much less. It will take you to the Bus Terminal right next to 42nd & 8 th Street in about 10 minutes (when there's no traffic, of course!).

The hotel restaurant serves excellent authentic Italian food at reasonable prices and they have a view over the water and N.Y. skyline.

2 Thank Silvia D
Thank you for your comments and we are happy you enjoyed your visit. We completely agree that the view is magnificent.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Damian & Hector were extremely helpful!! West wing as others mentioned is nice & quiet, however, housekeeping noisy slamming door constantly when cleaning a room. (My only compliant) The view will WOW you!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank cmboykin
Thank you for your wonderful comments about Hector & Damian. They are both great members of our team. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful trip and enjoyed the magnificent views. Please "like" us on Facebook to receive information on special promotions we offer and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weehawken
W Hoboken
Holiday Inn Express North Bergen - Lincoln Tunnel
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
#6 of 13 in Jersey City

Been to Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!