“WARNING: CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP! TERRIBLE!!!!”
Review of Little Szechuan - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Szechuan
Cuisines: Chinese
Princeton NJ
“WARNING: CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP! TERRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was a regular customer here (and even wrote a favorable review previously) and I returned for dinner a couple of nights ago, and much to my surprise, found that the previous owners were replaced by two women I did not recognize, as being the new owners. I decided to stay, and I'm very sorry I did. The food was HORRIBLE! The soup was watery, the chicken dish I ordered (which I've ordered numerous times in the past and enjoyed immensely under previous ownership) was DISGUSTING and almost inedible. The chicken was processed meat and was tough, rubbery in texture and tasteless. I was extremely disappointed and will most definitely NEVER return again.

Visited April 2013

burlington, NJ
“Return guest”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I've been driving to this location from Burlington NJ (about 30 minutes away) for the last 8 years because they have the BEST szechuan style beef over rice in the local area. The hosts are so friendly and remember us well! The atmosphere is pleasant and always clean. The food arrives promptly and the service is always with a smile. Many waiters even come to our table to say hello to my husband whenever we stop in, which is simply delightful.

The reason why this receives 4 out of 5 stars though is because in all honesty, the szechuan beef is their best dish. I've tried several of their other menu options to find that it's on par with my local Chinese restaurants closer to home. However, if you want some good szechuan-style entrees with a kick, go HERE and you will leave satisfied - good portion sizes for a fair price.

• Visited December 2012
Monroe Township, NJ
“great food”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Little Szechuan is a popular restaurant with great Chinese food. I knew the food was going to be good when I first tasted the egg drop and hot n sour soups. I was right. We had two of the reasonable priced specials.... shrimp with walnut and Uncle Han's beef dish.

• Visited November 2012
Princeton NJ
“One of the better choices in the area for Chinese food”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A nice, casual atmosphere with very friendly staff. I ordered the chicken with cashew nuts. The portion was huge...too much to finish and plenty to take home for another meal. Although the cashews were plentiful in the dish, it was rather bland in taste. A splash of soy sauce improved it greatly. My dinner companions ordered beef with broccoli, which was deliciously prepared with very tender beef and fresh broccoli, and the other person with us ordered General's Shrimp off the Chef's Specials and it was quite tasty, with just the right amount of heat...not too spicy. I liked the fact that the food was not too oily...a pitfall of many Chinese restaurants. I would definitely return here, but might steer clear of the standard fare and go with their specials.
This place is certainly better than many other Chinese restaurants in the area.

• Visited June 2012
Windsor, NJ
“Best Chinese food in Mercer county”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Food was very tasty, service was excellent and the entire staff at the restaurant was helpful. The protion that we received was very good, the taste and texture of the food excellent. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice and the have the ability to handle large parties as well as intimate dining for two. Another great feature is their take-out menu - everything that they serve in the restaurant is also available in take-out form. A must try in local chinese restaurants.

Visited February 2012