Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Mt. Holly Westampton
  • Room Service
Del-Val Motel(Bristol)
Rodeway Inn(Bristol)
View Hotel
All reviewsnj turnpikefront deskbistro conceptsoccer tournamentsmall bar areastandard courtyardnice amenitieswhile visiting friendsother hotelswater pressurewalk in showerroom suitebed was comfortablebreakfast and dinnerweekend stayeasy accessmovie theater
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This is a new style Courtyard with the "Bistro" restraunt in the lobby. We stayed for three nights with other family at the same hotel. The hotel and rooms look great. Most staff we interacted with were very friendly. However after returning to the hotel in the late afternoon we noticed our rooms had not been cleaned. The cleaning staff was in the hall and we inquired about when they'd be done (we figured we'd go sit in the lobby to be out of the way)/ The head cleaning person said we were "not on the list" for cleaning. I asked what that meant - I've never heard of that before! She acted somewhat put-out and said she'd clean the rooms, which she did. However, it was the same case the following day! This time there were no cleaning staff around so we inquired at the desk and were told they were "short staffed". Again, however, they eventually cleaned the room. One other negative I think should be shared is that the walls are paper thin. We were (unfortunately) next to the elevator and the "dinging" from the doors sounded like a doorbell all night. People in tne next room having a normal conversation sounded like they were in our room! I prefer Marriott hotels, but this one, although new, is off to a weak start. By the way - credit where credit is due, teh Bistro restraunt food and service was excellent and a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and on the side of the hotel opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JVBV
Iona O, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Mt. Holly Westampton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we continue to strive to improve our service, your feedback is truly appreciated. Please accept my most sincere apology for all the issues you experience the cleaning of your room during your stay. We do hope we get another opportunity in the future to "make it right". I am pleased to hear that our Bistro staff was able to make a positive difference during your stay.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Westhampton. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I recently flied to PHL and then drove short distance across the river to NJ side for customer support and stayed at this Marriot Courtyard. The hotel located at the end of a side road of Burlington road. My first room is a King Suite located on the 4th floor. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. There is a very nice desk w/ pull out. On the 4th floor it was also fairly quiet. There is a Bristo on the first floor but I did not try it. It opened from 6:30 to 9:30.AM. But since I did late night support this trip, so I mostly skipped breakfast.

I stayed there for three nights but needed to extend two extra days. Unfortunately, the King suite was not available for two more days and I was moved to a double-queen room close to the 2nd floor elevator. Since I have bad experience with any room close by the elevator, I tried to avoid it but this time the hotel was filled and so I took a chance not to move to Holiday Inn down the road.

Well, the double queen was big and nice, everything interior is great. But as expected the elevator traffic was still an issue. People get in and out early morning, and so I cannot rate this stay five stars in terms of comfort and quiet. Luckily I only stayed in that room for one night.

This hotel location allows you to visit a number of restaurants close by like TGI, Applebees, IHOP, etc. So there is no lack of choices in this area. However the NJ Trenton area does not strike me as a cullinary center so it is just the usual chain-restaurant and fast food. There is a shopping mall closeby as well, but the food court has nothing special.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room close by the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our King Suite. I apologize that your last night with us was not as comfortable. We do hope we get another opportunity in the future to "make it right".

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I checked into the hotel at 2:50pm and due to a family emergency I had to check out that evening (4:27pm). I left the room in pristine condition and didn't touch anything as I had left the room for a 3:15 business meeting.
The following day I contacted the general manager and explained the situation to her and she refused to even give me any sort of break on my bill stating that housekeeping left for the day (I saw 2 housekeepers in the hall as I was leaving my room to check out) and cannot refund me because she can't "turn away" business. Well, at this point she turned away my business as well as my firms business from all Marriott properties.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area that most likely provide better customer service.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mshal1984
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed one night during a drive South - It looks new inside and the rooms were clean, however it wasn't very special for the $130 + taxes/night when all we wanted was a bed for the night. On trip home we stayed at Holiday Inn Express next door as Courtyard was booked (see related review) and it was significantly less expensive w/ breakfast included. Desk staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary G

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make every guest stay an easy and enjoyable experience. Please accept my most sincere apology if your stay was anything less.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Mt. Holly-Westhampton. We hope that we have will have another opportunity to "make it right" in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This hotel is nearly brand new and is very attractive. However, I had to take a tepid (which is being kind!) shower both mornings that I stayed there (and this was at 6:30am). The towels had a single-digit thread count and our room was not cleaned until 6pm. Granted, there was a big crowd there for a nearby soccer tournament, but one would think they could do much better. There are too many alternatives (Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn) very near. In addition, there was no free breakfast and the wireless internet is totally unsecured. I hate to complain, but this was not a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The odd-numbered rooms back up to the New Jersey Turnpike.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family