“Newer Hotel Delivers”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tracy, California
“Newer Hotel Delivers”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early February of 2013. It's a 4 story with a great relaxing entrance area and the Bistro sports two tables with your own TV! The room was impeccably clean. The bathroom had a full size walk in shower ( for those with disabilities it's fantastic) that even had a foot rest for washing /shaving legs/feet. For someone who is 6' 4" tall that's a big deal!. The wireless internet was a snap to set up and remained stable. Overall just a great weeks stay.

Room Tip: Ask for away from the elevator and your all set.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael V
Iona O, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We strive to make every guest's stay an enjoyable and relaxing experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming your back again soon.

Iona Olsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Sterling, New York, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 times in the last month. The first stay was ok, I had issues with the TV not tuning to local channels, I told someone at the front desk who sent a technician (Arnel) to my room. He was VERY friendly, and tried multiple attempts at fixing the issue then, offered to move my stuff to a different room but it didn't seem worth the trouble to me. I do have to say he is a very good ambassador for the hotel as his friendliness and knowledge are outstanding. A little while later the the gentleman from the front desk called and offered me a free drink at the bar for the tv not working which I felt was a nice offer as well seeing I was not switching rooms.
I stayed again 2 weeks later and can report no problems with my room, and I again had very good experience with all staff. I will say the walls are very thin and you can hear things going on around you that would be my biggest knock against this hotel. I will stay here again when in the area,

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Arnel and the rest of the staff were able to make such a positive difference in your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Ok I read the reviews here and have to say they were right. Its a new hotel and all but needs improvement. The good things were that the hotel was clean and new. I think the problem is that the staff is trying but they are short handed and could use some training in hospitality.
This is the manager's job and hopefully they read this.
Here are areas for improvement. (1) Took a longer than usual time to check in.
(2) Staff in cafe should be trained on how to greet customers. It looked like they were unhapy so I ate somewhere else. (3) No receipt given for hotel stay. I had to ask 2x and am still trying.
(4) Luke warm shower. :( maybe they ran out of hot water or the regulator in the faucet is set incorrectly. & (5) did not sleep very well; room was too hot and bed was not comfortable. Actually had to turn on AC.

Might stay again but its up in the air.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank smkosik
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your suggestions are not only valued, but truly appreciated. We do hope that we have another opportunity to make it right, and welcome you back again soon.

Mansfield, CT
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Our first impression of this facility was, well, impressive. Lobby a little chilly but had nice lay out. Service at desk quick and polite. Advised top (4th) floor room for pleasing view, which it indeed had. Room itself was well appointed and as comfortable as it looked. Everything was fine until we turned on the heat (which is also the a/c in warm weather). Never have experienced one so loud. My guess is more than 100db. Called the desk to ask for a room with a quieter system. Was informed (politely and apologetically) that all the rooms had similarly noisy systems. We had to turn the TV volume way up to hear it over the heater noise. Finally, we took to turning the heat off during the program, then back on during commercials. We left the heat off upon going to bed so that we'd be able to sleep without the noise. Duvets kept us warm enough.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HereNoEvil
Iona O, General Manager at Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we are always looking for ways to continue to improve our service, your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make every guest stay an easy and enjoyable experience. Please accept my most sincere apology if your stay was anything less.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Mt. Holly-Westhampton. We hope that we have will have another opportunity to "make it right" in the future.

Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This is a new style Courtyard with the "Bistro" restraunt in the lobby. We stayed for three nights with other family at the same hotel. The hotel and rooms look great. Most staff we interacted with were very friendly. However after returning to the hotel in the late afternoon we noticed our rooms had not been cleaned. The cleaning staff was in the hall and we inquired about when they'd be done (we figured we'd go sit in the lobby to be out of the way)/ The head cleaning person said we were "not on the list" for cleaning. I asked what that meant - I've never heard of that before! She acted somewhat put-out and said she'd clean the rooms, which she did. However, it was the same case the following day! This time there were no cleaning staff around so we inquired at the desk and were told they were "short staffed". Again, however, they eventually cleaned the room. One other negative I think should be shared is that the walls are paper thin. We were (unfortunately) next to the elevator and the "dinging" from the doors sounded like a doorbell all night. People in tne next room having a normal conversation sounded like they were in our room! I prefer Marriott hotels, but this one, although new, is off to a weak start. By the way - credit where credit is due, teh Bistro restraunt food and service was excellent and a great value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and on the side of the hotel opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JVBV
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we continue to strive to improve our service, your feedback is truly appreciated. Please accept my most sincere apology for all the issues you experience the cleaning of your room during your stay. We do hope we get another opportunity in the future to "make it right". I am pleased to hear that our Bistro staff was able to make a positive difference during your stay.

Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Westhampton. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I recently flied to PHL and then drove short distance across the river to NJ side for customer support and stayed at this Marriot Courtyard. The hotel located at the end of a side road of Burlington road. My first room is a King Suite located on the 4th floor. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. There is a very nice desk w/ pull out. On the 4th floor it was also fairly quiet. There is a Bristo on the first floor but I did not try it. It opened from 6:30 to 9:30.AM. But since I did late night support this trip, so I mostly skipped breakfast.

I stayed there for three nights but needed to extend two extra days. Unfortunately, the King suite was not available for two more days and I was moved to a double-queen room close to the 2nd floor elevator. Since I have bad experience with any room close by the elevator, I tried to avoid it but this time the hotel was filled and so I took a chance not to move to Holiday Inn down the road.

Well, the double queen was big and nice, everything interior is great. But as expected the elevator traffic was still an issue. People get in and out early morning, and so I cannot rate this stay five stars in terms of comfort and quiet. Luckily I only stayed in that room for one night.

This hotel location allows you to visit a number of restaurants close by like TGI, Applebees, IHOP, etc. So there is no lack of choices in this area. However the NJ Trenton area does not strike me as a cullinary center so it is just the usual chain-restaurant and fast food. There is a shopping mall closeby as well, but the food court has nothing special.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room close by the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our King Suite. I apologize that your last night with us was not as comfortable. We do hope we get another opportunity in the future to "make it right".

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I checked into the hotel at 2:50pm and due to a family emergency I had to check out that evening (4:27pm). I left the room in pristine condition and didn't touch anything as I had left the room for a 3:15 business meeting.
The following day I contacted the general manager and explained the situation to her and she refused to even give me any sort of break on my bill stating that housekeeping left for the day (I saw 2 housekeepers in the hall as I was leaving my room to check out) and cannot refund me because she can't "turn away" business. Well, at this point she turned away my business as well as my firms business from all Marriott properties.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area that most likely provide better customer service.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mshal1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westampton
Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton
Holiday Inn Express Mt. Holly-Exit 5 NJ Tnpk
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
#1 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton? Share your experiences!