“Fine hotel, but beware of price changes”

Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Westampton
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Fine hotel, but beware of price changes”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here on two different nights, four days apart and was unhappy to find at check out that the price of the room went up about 30% on the second visit.

Both were mid-week, not holidays, but Marriott somehow decided to charge $30 more the second time, even with Senior discounts, etc.

I did not notice this difference when checking in because I use Marriott a great deal and just expected that with same type room would be the same price four days later. I only noticed the increase when I got my check out form.

Taking this up with front desk, the answer was essentially: "We change our rates all the time. Corporate decides this."

After additional friendly discussion, the desk clerk adjusted my rate back to what I had paid four nights before, but this left a bad taste for me since a traveler comes to expect certain continuity with a well-patronized hotel chain.

The adjustment was made. I left still puzzled, but I see this happening more and more often as hotels try and squeeze another dollar from their guests, even their frequent ones. Bottom line is know what you are getting into, as some places may not be as agreeable to rolling back their jacked up prices.

Otherwise, this is a good hotel and handy to the New Jersey Turnpike.

Room Tip: Coming off the NJ TPK, watch carefully for signs as the intersection is confusing and there are seve...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jjstives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Aberdeen, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now, and have enjoyed each stay. The rooms are clean, modern, spacious and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to ensure your stay is the best! The pool is large and clean, and there is a huge outside area to grill, or just sit and enjoy the evening by a fire pit. The hotel also has a bistro that serves breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jans436
ROCHESTER NY
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

They almost got it right. Front desk staff, not too warm or enthusiastic, nor cheerily helpful at times. Lobby clean and bright, breakfast station bistro, Starbucks machine "broken." Water pressure B-, hot water B-. Bed comfort B. Fold out couch linens ok, but no added pillows. Electrical outlets in room, excellent number and locations. Closet/iron/good wooden hangers. ? Air conditioner went off overnight (awoke to stuffy and humid room in middle of night, 2 rooms, 2 nights 'sample').
Most friendly, pleasant, engaged staff seemed to be housekeepers and the gentleman painting the front wall and sidewalk.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BlueMaxx14
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ended using this hotel as my "base of operations" for my vacation, staying for five nights. I had a solid, uneventful stay, which was all that I could ask for. Room was made up daily. Even though we had a lot of kids staying at the hotel when we were due to some lacrosse tournaments, I didn't hear a lot of extra noise. We were put in the type of room that I requested and had a solid night of sleep each night.

Location in proximity to Philly and surrounding areas wasn't bad either. The hotel is a little tucked away from the main street, and if you haven't driven in Jersey, the roads are a little different, but it wasn't too bad. It's right next to a shopping center, so if you need anything, you're a hop and skip away.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aspiring_Critic
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2014

On 5/31/14 ,I booked a king bed with a pullout sofa, but upon arrival I was given just a king bed with no pullout. This put me and my traveling companion in an awkward position, but we dealt with it. When speaking to the gentleman working the front desk, he told us they were sold out and that there were no other rooms available. He was very dismissive, and even told me to step to the side while he helped another couple check-in as if my complaint was frivolous. It was very insulting and frustrating not to have my concerns addressed. A simple " sorry" or " may I bring you a rollaway cot" would have went a long way. I have stayed at this hotel a few times before, and have never had a problem with customer service. This time I was very disappointed !!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was clean, comfortable, affordable, and very well located for our event. It had a very nice swimming pool and room in the lobby where we were able to connect with friends around a large flat screen TV and the bar nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stopped at this Marriott on the way home to Boston from Myrtle Beach. The hotel is easily accessible from the highway, especially with their monster sign. There is a small bar area to the right as you walk in to check-in. The room we had, (Rm 402) had a king size bed. Beautiful bathroom, small fridge inside a cabinet, nice desk space and overall very nice room, although the room, (the last room available for that night) was at the end of the hall furthest from the elevator.Would definitely stay hear again.

Room Tip: If you want close to the elevator, ask for rooms above x15.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westampton
Hilton Garden Inn Mount Holly/Westampton
Quality Inn & Suites Westampton-Mount Holly
Hampton Inn Bordentown
Hampton Inn Bordentown
#1 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Courtyard Burlington Mt. Holly/Westampton? Share your experiences!