“Network Lunch with ex-Colleague”
Review of Chez Catherine

Chez Catherine
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Catherine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in Westfield
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Prospect Street
Description: The restaurant is famous for serving authentic, classic French cuisine in an atmosphere reminiscent of the Provencal countryside. Chez Catherine provides a wonderful dining experience When you enter Chez Catherine imagine that you are traveling the French Countryside. Our dining room is intimate, warm and charming, The peach colors, provincial furniture, ceramic cicatas, Santons de Provence as well as other themes from the French Countryside decorate the dining room.Private party room available for 10 to 40 people
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Chez Catherine has delivered exceptional quality for decades! The menu is pricey, but worth it, and the wine list has an amazing variety including great quality at really reasonable prices. I had some sweetbreads as a main course (a special that day) that were unbelievably good and the Simard was a perfect accompaniment. I have been to Chez Catherine with my wife for decades, and new owner Stephane Is doing a great job!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

When you first drive up to this restaurant sharing a driveway and looking like it’s attached to a Best Western, it gives you pause to think about an excellent French restaurant and its neighbor— don’t let that stop or fooll you!
You enter and are immediately greeted warmly by Stefan (the owner/front of the house manager etc etc). You enter the understated dining room, where the tables are nicely set apart and your drink orders are taken. One feels as though they are dining in someone’s home- warm and inviting! We relaxed with our cocktails and soon after offered an Amuse Bouche. Our offering last Saturday was a heavenly fois gras mousse served on individual spoons. Then out came warm crusty bread and whipped butter. The bread basket was refreshed as needed!
Our dinner orders were taken and a comfortable time period later our appetizers arrived. I had the curried corn soup- smooth, silky, a little heat from the curry and beautifully garnished. My husband and son in law thoroughly enjoyed the mussels and my daughter ordered a delicious risotto dish... everything was beautifully plated and well received. Our main entrees were enjoyed just as much- I had a rack of lamb perfectly cooked, my daughter the filet, my son in law the scallops and my husband the trout. Desserts were just as spectacular- I enjoyed a dense yogurt cake with in-house chai ice cream and fresh diced mangoes, my daughter a floating island, my son in law a frozen lemon creation and my husband an espresso soufflé! What an incredible dinner and we all enjoyed tasting each other’s menu choices.
The service was impeccable, the cocktails perfectly created
and we enjoyed a flawless three hour dining event.
The executive chef, Chris Migton, makes it a point to stop at tables to say hi and check on things which I think is a lovely touch. She definitely knows what she is doing in that kitchen!!
This restaurant should be high on your list of places to try or return to!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Our dinner was superb; the food and service exceeded our expectations. It is a small, very comfortable and sophisticated restaurant but the staff makes you feel very welcome and they are helpful to boot. Their wine choices (by the glass) pared with our food perfectly.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I’m not normally a fan of French food but this was fantastic food and service. Filet of Sole magnificent. Dessert of strawberry soufflé was out of this world!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Chez Catherine is the closest thing to Paris on the East Coast, and sometimes better! The food is wonderful, but the best part is the impeccable, friendly service. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the amazing waiter who amuses us, brings us special wines, recommends delicious dishes, and altogether makes our evening perfect. I go with my friend Michelle to celebrate our birthdays (10 days apart) every year. And every year it gets more wonderful.