“What happened?!?!”

Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Avenue
Transit: The Westfield Train Station is 2 blocks from our location. Exit the train towards South Avenue, and walk 1 block west to Westfield Avenue.
Description: Ana Beall's Tea Room offers morning sweets and lunch during the week, brunch on the weekend, and tea service every day. Our onsite pastry chef bakes up imaginative and delicious new treats every morning, and our savory chef prepares your brunch and lunch selections to order. We are pleased to cater your private parties at our lovely site in Westfield, or at your location,as you wish. Our highly trained kitchen team, and our attentive staff hope to make your visit to Ana Beall's an elegant and serene experience.
“What happened?!?!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I've gone there with my daughter since she was young. I have her birthday get together with my aunts every December. I don't know what happened today. We went, we were shown our table.....then we waited.....and waited. 20 minutes and there was only one other table in our section with 5. Then they didn't have strawberry kiwi tea. Then the waiter came and said they didn't have any more scones and it would be 30 minutes. We left. I'm sad. I will try one more time.

• Visited July 2013

New Jersey, USA
“Not very good”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

There were very little pros and many cons at this restaurant.
(1) Front porch was dingy and needs a paint job. There was an empty cat bowl and a jug of cat food on the porch.
(2) There are lovely coffee cups and saucers on the table; but, when I ordered coffee, it was brought to me in a mug similar to service in a nearby diner.
(3) The scone was blueberry ginger. There was a very faint hint of ginger until I bit into a big piece of ginger (there was only one) that took me a while to chew. I'm a huge fan of ginger so it might have been nicer to finely dice the ginger rather than placing one large piece in the scone.
(4) There are a lot of kids in the restaurant, a lot. I don't mean cute little 10 year olds with their grandmothers; I mean kids in high chairs.
(5) One of these kids threw up all over the floor. One of the gentleman at the restaurant came upstairs with a big mop and bucket to clean up the vomit. Hint: take some coffee grounds and sprinkle generously all over the mess. It will absorb the odor and be easier to clean. All the guy did was wipe it around and the older members of the party were on the floor wiping up the mess while the rest of us gagged from the smell.
(6) For $10.95, the ham and cheese omelet along with fresh fruit was really, really small. You have to order more food off the menu to feel satiated.
(7) Where on earth was the server? She took our order, brought our ice tea and coffee, and we never saw her again...for at least 20 minutes. I had to go downstairs to see if I could have another cup of coffee. She was completely inattentive to us. When I went downstairs, she was there getting advice on how to hold two plates of food. What???
(8) They have lovely windows in the back area where tables are located but your view is the outside garbage cans. They might want to think about how to make that view a bit nicer.
(9) The pros: the coffee was good.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank SingletonFamily
“Tea time”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We went to Annabell's Tea Room on Sunday at 3:00 the place wasn't busy . The tea was great the server Devin was great and so was the food . I enjoyed the fact that they didn't rush us out and we sat and talked even though they were officially closed . Two friends didn't like there French toast but he changed it without a problem . I had the salmon hash it was very good my sister had the afternoon tea and she loved every thing on her tower . I don't know if the cook could handle a big rush at one time because it took a while for the food but it was hot and good . I would definitely recommend the place

• Visited May 2013
Clark, New Jersey
“Great Brunch/Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I recently visited Ana Bealls Tea Rom with a group of my friends and we were very pleased. As another gentlemen mentioned prior, it seems as some of the previous commenter’s had a different idea of what afternoon tea ought to be. This is far from a buffet (all you can eat). Also far from a fine dining dress and tie only tea house. Afternoon tea and/or tea samplers are meant to be a light lunch, and the atmosphere is for a casual brunch and or afternoon tea. No tie or dress required, in which we all most certainly appreciate as most tea rooms are stuffy. They have a wide variety of tea to choose from, we always get a few different teas each time we visit. The staff (young westfielders working hard for their town’s small business owners) are always more then helpful in choosing and replacing tea had we not liked our selected tea. All in all a wonderful Sunday brunch yet again!

• Visited November 2012
NJ
“Nice brunch”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I went to brunch with 3 of my girlfriends at Ana Beall's Tea Room. We were seated upstairs in the purple room and we enjoyed the ambiance. I ordered the crepe of the day which was honey and pecans. It was delicious. My friends ordered omelets as well as the quiche. I'm not quite sure if they were as satisfied with their selection as I was with mine. The only problem we encountered which was not really a problem but the service was just ok. Nothing wrong, but just not what you would expect from such a cozy place. No smiles or anything which would convey that they were happy to be there. Seemed more like she would have preferred to be back in bed.

• Visited September 2012