“Fair at best but not safe. Beware.”

Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed 29 September 2013

i have been here since late August and I will thankfully leave this week after witnessing a myriad of service levels that clearly point to a complete lack of management. The place has sporadic "Oh they were very busy" housekeeping service and door security problems that everyone, especially women traveling on they're own, should be aware of before considering.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in the 50's. They are in the wing of this building that employees ev...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vlkim22
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To make sure that this does not happen again, I have discussed our procedures for providing consistent great customer service with the staff. The safety of our guest id our top priority. Please rest assure we take all precautions to ensure each guest has a safe stay at our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at han2@extendedstay.com. We would appreciate to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This extended stay was comfortable enough, but needs attention. The room was very clean and updated, no complaint there, but there didn't seem to be enough staff to keep up with the mess people make in hallways and on the grounds. Staff were pretty nice. There were very small waste bins outside as you enter, (part ashtray/part garbage) that were always brimming with refuse, and stayed that way for days. The hallways were often littered with debri and the "trash room" was gross. There were 2 forks, 2 spoons, etc and no dishsoap or drain stopper to wash dishes with. I requested a stopper and in the 10 days there, did not get one. They did give me dish soap upon request though. No dishwasher which I kind of expected from other extended stays. Overlooking the untidy hallways and grounds.......the room was fine and the location perfect for my purposes so overall an okay place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is built like an L and there is no central stair case to exit. I would request a room clo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I found this hotel to be comfortable, albeit a little lackluster. It's pretty 'no frills'.

The continental breakfast consisted of a muffin; a breakfast bar; instant oatmeal; or an apple or orange (and coffee or tea). But, hey that's why you have a kitchenette. You can cook a great breakfast in your room if you want to.

The room was very clean and we received extra linen when we checked in. The front desk clerk was attentive. The location was about a half hour from NYC. This hotel worked for us. We would return, now that we know what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank myswanstyle
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Julie colonial was the best EVER!!!!!!, I recommend my friends and other co-workers to use this stay wen they are out here, she is the best hostess EVER!!!! I recommend it to all. she was very nice and treated all guest very well!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Comfort, facilities etc is quite commendable,

but if you are paying ~$100 a night, you would expect to atleast have a dishwasher in your room. Plus a gym and a pool and a barbeque spot. These are things I had when I stayed at an Extended Stay in Piscataway 2 years back and I payed $57.50 a night (including tax)

I kind of felt cheated. But then again I am just a visitior to US from India. I didnt know rates and rules change from city to city within a same state

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The smell of smoke leaks wafts through from smoking rooms into non-smoking rooms. Other than that complaint, the hotel is totally fine. The kitchenette was well-stocked, room was clean, and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very good place, clean and nice supportive staff to cater to your needs. Best deal for staying long(Extended Stay) and the name of the hotel live upto the expectations. Best part was having a complimentary shuttle to pick and drop to Office locations. I loved my 4.5months of stay there. Hotel manager and staffs are very humble and always there to answer your queries. Hotel rooms are pretty spacious and the high speed free wifi is a plus.
I am looking forward to stay in future.

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover
Days Inn Parsippany
Days Inn Parsippany
#11 of 16 in Parsippany
Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains

Been to Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany? Share your experiences!