“No frills, but no complaints”

Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Only in town one night, but room was clean and comfortable, kitchen decently-equipped, fridge cold. Ground floor a little noisy near the parking lot, but otherwise alright. Grab-and-go breakfast leaves much to be desired (though true--you've got a kitchen; doesn't help if you're not really there for the long term)--instant oatmeal and basic fruit.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor--less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

After driving 9 hours, we started looking for a hotel for the night in New Jersey. An hour later, we finally found this one. They were friendly and helpful at the front desk and recommend an awesome pizza place--The Godfather-- that delivered a late dinner to us. The room was large and clean. Overall, it was a very pleasant short stay.

One suggestion to the hotel: if you want people to clean up after their dogs, provide trash cans for poop bags. We had to throw ours away in the room. Yuck!

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I apologize that our hotel does not have an outside pet station to deposit pet waste however I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel otherwise.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

i have been here since late August and I will thankfully leave this week after witnessing a myriad of service levels that clearly point to a complete lack of management. The place has sporadic "Oh they were very busy" housekeeping service and door security problems that everyone, especially women traveling on they're own, should be aware of before considering.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in the 50's. They are in the wing of this building that employees ev...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vlkim22
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To make sure that this does not happen again, I have discussed our procedures for providing consistent great customer service with the staff. The safety of our guest id our top priority. Please rest assure we take all precautions to ensure each guest has a safe stay at our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at han2@extendedstay.com. We would appreciate to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This extended stay was comfortable enough, but needs attention. The room was very clean and updated, no complaint there, but there didn't seem to be enough staff to keep up with the mess people make in hallways and on the grounds. Staff were pretty nice. There were very small waste bins outside as you enter, (part ashtray/part garbage) that were always brimming with refuse, and stayed that way for days. The hallways were often littered with debri and the "trash room" was gross. There were 2 forks, 2 spoons, etc and no dishsoap or drain stopper to wash dishes with. I requested a stopper and in the 10 days there, did not get one. They did give me dish soap upon request though. No dishwasher which I kind of expected from other extended stays. Overlooking the untidy hallways and grounds.......the room was fine and the location perfect for my purposes so overall an okay place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is built like an L and there is no central stair case to exit. I would request a room clo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I found this hotel to be comfortable, albeit a little lackluster. It's pretty 'no frills'.

The continental breakfast consisted of a muffin; a breakfast bar; instant oatmeal; or an apple or orange (and coffee or tea). But, hey that's why you have a kitchenette. You can cook a great breakfast in your room if you want to.

The room was very clean and we received extra linen when we checked in. The front desk clerk was attentive. The location was about a half hour from NYC. This hotel worked for us. We would return, now that we know what to expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank myswanstyle
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Julie colonial was the best EVER!!!!!!, I recommend my friends and other co-workers to use this stay wen they are out here, she is the best hostess EVER!!!! I recommend it to all. she was very nice and treated all guest very well!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Comfort, facilities etc is quite commendable,

but if you are paying ~$100 a night, you would expect to atleast have a dishwasher in your room. Plus a gym and a pool and a barbeque spot. These are things I had when I stayed at an Extended Stay in Piscataway 2 years back and I payed $57.50 a night (including tax)

I kind of felt cheated. But then again I am just a visitior to US from India. I didnt know rates and rules change from city to city within a same state

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
FairBridge Hotel & Conference Center East Hanover
Days Inn Parsippany
Days Inn Parsippany
#11 of 16 in Parsippany
Candlewood Suites Parsippany - Morris Plains

Been to Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany? Share your experiences!