“Good property for long business stays”

HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed for a total of 5 months spread across 3 different trips between July 2010 to Jan 2011 at this hotel. My company had a tie up and my client was located nearby in Basking Ridge. The rooms are clean and comfortable and well maintained. The staff is a bit of a roulette - some of them are really friendly and accomodative while some can be cold. During my stay both the Hotel Manager and the Sales desk associate were open and friendly and would give a good ear to our complaints, which werent many.

The hotel is ideal for business executives who work in and around the NJ/ NY area for long stays. It has a good fitness center and the breakfast and evening snack spread is decent. The only drawbacks are the cleaning staff, who can be a bit difficult to speak in English at times and the fact that the television service is really not up to standard and can be a bit more varied.

All in all a good property to stay in!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I went with my family for a trip to New York. Had a great day in the city, so by the time we checked in, I was definitely ready to check in for our late arrival and got up to our room which was nice. However pulled back the sheets and there were pubic hairs and eyelashes in the bed. We were very upset. We called down to the front desk, and the housekeeping came up to deliver all new bedding. We did make sure the front desk clerk came up to see it though, because we wanted to discuss with the manager in the am. Well the craziness didn't end there, we didn't get one wink of sleep because there was tons of noise and running back in forth in the room over top of us. That went on until 3am! We found out the next morning there was a slumber party going on over top of us. Anyway my husband went down that morning and voiced his concerns and we got our room comped. So, clearly that left us satisfied. The manager was professional and courteous and apologetic, so it did not discourage us from coming back again. He also gave us his card if we were to want to stay in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 July 2011

the rooms were nice and had great beds. but the rudeness of the staff and being treated like scum, to the way we were spoken to we had a group of several families. and the staff was very unaccommodating. they were not kid friendly either.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Saxel
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The rooms were clean and nice, but the staff was extremely unaccomadating, cranky and unfriendly. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Prozackk
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I have been staying at this hotel since 2009, and once I stayed here, i never stayed at another hotel when in the vicinity. The managers (Chip. Andrew) go to extra length to make everyone comfortable and address any issues (if any). The staff serving breakfast and evening snacks is very friendly and eager. Gym is decent for an exercise, and since it is located in a quiet area, you can always go out for a jog. Reservations were super easy (with Mike helping out and was very courteous). If only there was something like a basketball hoop. Overall, i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to this area.

Room Tip: Try and choose rooms on top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HarryXVIII
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times this year and have decided that it has replaced my former favorite in this area. The rooms are nicely furnished and attractive. This is a suite hotel so there is a living room/kitchen room and 1 or 2 separate bedrooms. Staff is friendly. Complementary breakfast is nice but not outstanding. Evening "snack" provided with 1 free beer or wine and I think that it may be $3 after the first. I haven't been to the fitness center yet but I'll be at this hotel the next 2 weeks and I plan to take my workout stuff and check it out.

Only 1 glitch so far - their wireless didn't work in one room and after wasting an hour with support I asked to be moved and keys to my new room were delivered quickly. Internet was woring in the new room. Also, I bring my own coffee and filters - they provide what I consider poor in room coffee. However, they have great coffee in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Verify internet working as soon as you arrive.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This hotel is very hard to find from Route 10, which is the main highway in Whippany also called “the strip”. There are many hotels on the this road and all are hard to get into regardless of which side of the road the hotel is on, mostly because the you have to make jug handle turns to get to anything. There is no signage on the road showing where the hotel is, unless you are watching the road signs which are very small. Add this to a fast moving four lanes of traffic and that can cause you to completely miss the turn.

The hotel is only about 5-8 years old. The main lobby is setup a little differently than most hotels. When you walk into the main lobby there is a small desk to the left of the doors. The individual checking me in was very efficient; however she wasn’t very personable or pleasant.

The Room:
The room was very large. Upon entering the room, you are presented with a large family room style setup with a small kitchen on the right. You have access to a full sized refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, over/stove and full bar height eating area. There was food in the refrigerator already, not sure if it was from a previous person or if they stock them for use and charge you for you using the food. It seemed like some of it was left there from the previous people. (eww?)

The bedroom is separate from the main room and is off to the left, the room has its own doors and access way. To the left of the bed area is a very large, single sink bathroom. The counter tops were decent quality and the carpet area throughout the bedroom, but the bath room was all tile. The bathroom itself was decent, smaller side, with a regular standing shower/tub. The door jam entering the bathroom could have used some touch up and paint and the ceiling also could have used some touch up paint.

The room itself was semi quiet, however, a few nights into my stay a person stayed in the room directly above me. I could hear everything, every move the person made and even the person walking around. Thankfully the person was out the next day and it wasn’t too big of deal.

Every morning we had the opportunity to get continental breakfast which was included in our room. I am never a fan of these because they usually ALWAYS stink. This one was right on par with being HORRIBLE. The food that was served was gross, and the small pastries looked like they were sitting out for a week. They had some plain bagels which were super stale and a small selection of juices. The biggest thing everyone wants in the morning is a nice cup of coffee, let me say this, the coffee that was served at this hotel was the WORST coffee ever. It was marketed as "starbucks" made for Hyatt with their special blend of some sort. I am fairly certain that the coffee was Starbucks leftover coffee from failed coffee tests of new blends that failed the quality assurance testing. Junk!

Overall the stay wasn't too bad....I would probably opt to stay at the Marriot the next time which was across the street. 6/10

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Bella213
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#2 of 16 in Parsippany
Hilton Parsippany
Hilton Parsippany
#7 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany? Share your experiences!