“Loved the room and the hotel!”

HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Lexington, Kentucky
“Loved the room and the hotel!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wow! What a room! A suite with living room, well-equipped kitchen and separate bedroom (two TVs, one in LR and one in BR). Check-in was lovely with a truly caring staff, there is a happy hour Mon-Thurs (one drink per person) plus snacks. There were really some very nice food offerings and frankly, if I didn't have dinner plans, the happy hour would have been filling enough. It was Thai lettuce wraps, a salad bar, chips and salsa, bruschetta, and veggies with dip. Quite substantial.

When I logged on to write this review, I did see the other comments about the guests that occupied the hotel on the 4th of July (while I was there). Yes, they did seem like locusts that descended on a prairie of wheat, but how can the hotel control who stays there???? I thought the hotel did a great job on the happy hour, and the breakfasts were very nice as well--including eggs, bacon, fresh fruit and all the typical fixings.

Were I still a business traveler, you'd have to pry me out of this hotel. I'd never leave. A very nice stay. (I also appreciated how quiet the hotel was. It was great to be able to walk around in the area too.)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After staying at the Hyatt house for the past three fourth of July weekends, this year will be the last. Although I too was with a group, we are decent. There was a large group of individuals which took over the hotel. They littered all over, rearraraged the pool furniture in a hazadous manner and were disrespectful. They're children ran up and down the halls all night, three of them banged on my door and ran. My problem was management got numerous complaints and nothing was done. Management has the right to request such unruly individuals leave. I have stayed at various Hyatt Houses' ; this by far was the worst experience ever. By the way, my friend stayed the weekend at the White Plains location and her experience was very similiar. I urge management to investigate each complaint and do something about it. We ALL are NOT wrong. I wanted a pleasant holiday weekend and that is NOT what I got. Don't be afraid remove these individuals from your property. After all I paid for my room too!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I would have given this hotel 4 stars but i was a bit annoyed at the fact that the hotel staff closed off the common area in the hotel at 9pm on Saturday night. The hotel only has the pool and the breakfast areas where a group can congregate and hang out, both of which were closed off at 9 which is earlier than the typical 10pm quiet time. So i'm not sure where they expect groups to simply hang out and relax, on top of that none of the groups there were particularly loud. Granted I went for a fourth of July family / friends getaway and there were a lot of people, probably too many for the hotel to manage but they could have accommodated people a little better. other than that the staff was pretty good

Room Tip: don't go on a holiday weekend
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Worcestershire, UK
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've stayed here many times, but this time noticed how there's no pride left by management to keep the hotel clean. The hallways and elevators always have litter strewn in them, and numerous times the cleaning staff just walk by. Why aren't management overseeing this. Most of this hotel is looking decidedly dated.

The housemaids level of detail leaves much to be desired, they can spend enough time loudly speaking to each other in the hallways all times of day. Most of them don't speak or understand English, therefore haven't a clue what you're asking for. Why is the head housekeeper also not overseeing the level of cleanliness.

It's regretful to leave such comments, management at hotels have often told me if there are problems come and tell us. Chip, Andrew, etc; I've been at you hotel almost 2 weeks why haven't YOU noticed how untidy and dirty the place is looking?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hilton, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at this Hotel on June 26 - 30. We were in town for a special convention of Jehovah's witnesses at Met Life stadium. My wife four kids and I loved the hotel. After a long day at the convention we were able to relax at the pool and enjoy the patio tables and chairs near the pool. We were also excited to see two Webber gas grills that we could use to cook with. There is plenty of shopping near by and every room has it's own kitchen with a full size stove refrigerator and dishwasher. The free hot breakfast every day was also great especially because I have 4 kids. I recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Stop and Shop is less than a mile away and they have great prices and selection.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my boyfriends birthday and had a great time swimming and grilling. The room was clean, big and comfortable. The in room kitchen had all utensils and such that we needed. They provided sponges and soap and paper towels as well. The pool area is spacious and sunny and provides towels. The only issue we had was having to reserve a grill time which is fine, but the staff didn't tell us anything about that the two times I called to book and confirm early check in. Both times I mentioned we would be grilling and it would have been nice if they mentioned the reservation process before we got there since we had talked about it. All in all not a big deal and the staff was very helpful once we were there. I definitely recommend this hotel to my friends who want a mini weekend away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Salem, Ohio
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for about 12 days. The rooms are nice, large, and clean. The beds are deformed, I'm guessing the mattresses need replaced. As there are high and low spots in the bed.

The rooms are clean, though my toilet always smelled, but I couldn't find the source. The hallways need vacumed continually. My room seemed to be cleaned last every day which was a pain. I was near the laundry room and there were always carts in the halls (and not pushed up against the wall), I often had to move them myself. The door to the laundry is always left open as well.

The staff is okay, definitely not Marriott quality.

The breakfast is pretty crappy with limited selection. They do have an omelet bar but it's greasy.

The hotel seems to host a bunch of large groups, so it's common to see 30 people standing in the lobby checking in or out which is annoying.

Good quiet location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
Hanover Marriott
#4 of 16 in Parsippany
Hilton Parsippany
Hilton Parsippany
#7 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany? Share your experiences!