The comfort of the whole room experience deserves an excellent rating. Nice staff. They were fully booked the time we were there, and that might have been the reason they gave a 2 bedroom suite to just one couple.
Both me and my boyfriend were elated by the spaciousness.
Everything was clean and modern. It felt like an apartment, not a hotel suite, which was a nice change from most hotel experiences. Lots of natural light from the windows. The color palette was pleasant in the bedrooms, enough to support a positive mood. The furnishings and artwork were conservative and mostly neutral. Cookie cutter chain hotels do lack some charm in that respect, but this one had enough going on to make it feel better than your average hotel room.
Although we didn't partake in breakfast, or the evening social with some free food and drink, it was nice to be offered. There's a full kitchen with a full size fridge and stove. Bench seats in the kitchen/eating area. There is a desk, TV, closet and dresser in the bedrooms. No luggage rack. There is a laundry room, free wifi and HBO. DVD player in the living room. We were on the first floor near the pool. It actually was very convenient since the parking lot was close. I could not hear noise from any other guests, in a fully booked hotel. During the day there was noise coming from maintenance around the pool, and some hotel staff chatting in the hallway.
One word of advice: when you are leaving the hotel (i.e. driving out onto Ridgedale Ave.) I suggest you do not make a left turn which would take you onto the highway (Route 10/Mt. Pleasant Ave.) UNLESS you need to head in the West/Northwest direction AND you know exactly where you are going. Once you get to the end of Ridgedale Ave. you have no choice but to immediately get on the highway ONLY in that direction, and it happens real quick. It is impossible to cross over to the other side of the highway, on Ridgedale Ave, in this way. Make a right turn when driving out of the hotel, then make your first left onto Sylvan Way, for an easier drive within the city. The hotel is nestled between two highways, but you can't really tell when you are there. I found it easier to get around by staying on the local streets, and they were quite pleasant to drive on. Hotel is located in a business park area with nice landscaping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the business epicenter of Parsippany, New Jersey, the Hyatt House Parsippany/Whippany offers business and leisure travelers easy access to popular tourist destinations including Mennen Sports Arena, Mayo Center for Performing Arts, Knoll East/West Country Club’s, and Meadowlands Sports Complex. Guests also enjoy our close proximity to premium shopping at the Mall at Short Hills, Livingston Mall, and the Willowbrook Mall. Take our complimentary shuttle and explore the neighborhood within a five-mile radius. We provide extended stay, hotel-wide amenities that include: * All newly renovated, spacious suites with deluxe, in-room amenities * 24-hour Dining options, like the 24-hour Guest Market * The all-new H Bar, with shareable small plates and premium beers, wine, and craft cocktails * Complimentary Morning Spread daily hot breakfast, so you can wake up refreshed * Keep up-to-date with your workout routine at our 24-hour Fitness center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Parsippany/Whippany Hotel Whippany
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Whippany
- Summerfield Suites Whippany
- Hyatt Whippany
- Whippany Hyatt
- Whippany Summerfield Suites