“The Gold Standard For NJ Subs ”
Review of Jersey Mike's Subs

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jersey Mike's Subs
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Whippany
“The Gold Standard For NJ Subs ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I love subs. If you're looking for a consistently good sub from a chain NJ Mike's is it. I think the quality (though not the selection) is comparable to almost any mom & pop deli.

I've been to several over the years. The bread is very good - not too bulky. The cold cuts are good quality and sliced to order. You won't need to order "extra" because they're not stingy, either.

They even have 3 sizes: the typical full-sized and half of that ... They also have a "mini" if you don't want to gorge.

The menu is very concise. I don't want to misquote it so see for yourself. I think it's on a link. It seems well thought out to me.

These are general observations for the NJ Mike's I've been to: Whippany, Flemington, Pt Pleasant and Parsippany.

What makes Whippany different is the semi-friendly people. And that's being kind. Mind you - I don't need to be fawned over by the person making my sub - but they always seem extra grumpy at the Whippany store. Fortunately the food is worth it.

Maybe the owner can send their crew to charm school.

Union City, New Jersey, United States
“Not bad!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Wow I'm definitely surprised by how good the subs from Jersey Mike's are. The cheese topped rolls were very good. I tried the ultimate club which had roast beef and chunky bacon. The bacon was excellent and so was the meat and all the toppings, especially the banana peppers. Jersey Mike's is a great alternative to other, more generic sub chains and has a more hometown feeling.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tyler L
Morristown, New Jersey
“Great Subs”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Jersey Mikes is a franchise that makes very good hot or cold Subs to go or eat in. The shop is located in a corner of the plaza. We’ve been there before and enjoy the freshness and flavor of their Original Italian Sub. They also make Wraps and will make any sub a Salad. The staff is freindly.

• Visited August 2012