“Fair price, fair facility, fair stay”

Courtyard Hanover Whippany
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel has a very welcoming and inviting lobby area. There are plenty of seats and one can work and hang around here. The staff were very courteous, professional and helpful. I was lucky to book a room for $80 before tax and I consider it a very good price. As a result, I assign a four-star to the value aspect. Staying here is very convenient, with easy access to Highway 287 (5 minutes, but finding ways to do a U-trun would be a hassle) and 80/280 (10 minutes). My room was on the first floor with direct access to the courtyard via a sliding door. However, be careful to not fully close the sliding door if you want to get back in quickly as you fully close the sliding door it latches and you will not be able to get back in. You will then need a room card to re-enter the room from your door. I believe it is the safety measure and I do not mind it too much. The room is pretty standard, with necessary equipment -- a coffee maker, a hair dryer, tub shower with extra elbow room. The water temperate and pressure is just right. I had a very enjoyable stay here. The courtyard is very nice but during summer night there might be mosquitoes, which is one of the features of Morris county. I hope the hotel can do something about it. There is also a swimming pool. You cannot really do lap swimming there, to my dismay, but I do see families having a lot of fun here. It would be a great place for a family to relax and bond.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
HanoverCyGM, General Manager at Courtyard Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear BHUANG69,

I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay at the Hanover Courtyard. We thank you so much for your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed for a wedding. Hotel lobby looks like it was recently renovated, very nice. Like that the hotel provided transportation to and from wedding. It was great for bar area to stay open until 2am for an 'after party'. Rooms was nice but small. The rooms with 2 beds are definitely larger. Liked that we had a balcony. Elevator was slow however the door closed quickly and would slam into you. Liked that we were able to have a continental breakfast in a private room the next morning. Last but not least, I enjoyed receiving an email from the hotel's GM the next morning and acknowledging that I stayed for a wedding, thanking me for my stay. Well done...good customer service.

Room Tip: Get a too with 2 beds...it's a larger room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HanoverCyGM, General Manager at Courtyard Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you so much for visiting us NJReveler, and I am glad that everyone from the wedding had a great time! The entire team had a blast being able to help make the whole weekend fun and memorable. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kindest Regards, Hanover Courtyard GM

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family and friends recently did a warrior dash near this hotel and after a strenuous day opted to stay here so that we could indulge in the whirlpool tub. Our reservations were made well in advance and we actually researched our hotel of choice because we were looking for certain amenities. Well after our race we returned to the hotel to check in and our first question was "where is the hot tub?" The front desk response "first floor at the end". Great- we change head down and it is covered with a tarp and cones. Apparently all courtyards are closing their hot tubs was the response we got. That is all well and good and they are entitled but don't advertise it on your website nor steer your guests in that direction when asked. Add that to the private airport so nearby that the plane numbers can be read off the side and I can say i will never be staying here again! I don't mind a little air traffic but prefer not to be awoken by it first thing in the morning- i'm not talking 9 a.m. either. Next year our race will be run and our stay at the HIlton!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We were visiting family in the area. The rate was very reasonable. The hotel was clean. The indoor pool is small but adequate. There must have been a problem with towels our second night. The bath towels weren't nearly up to Marriott's standards and there weren't any towels at the pool. After a 30 minute wait someone bought 4 bath towels; not nearly enough for everyone at the pool. We didn't wait for more towels. Very nice lobby and courtyard. Bistro is silly. If I have to pay for breakfast there are so many better choices on Rt 10. I guess it works if you don't have a car. I'd return if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here some years ago before the lobby was renovated: about 70% of the lobby was closed all day and open only at breakfast where you got the usual eggs, bacon, pancakes etc. sort of fare. Now, the lobby is wide-open with a work area and the new Courtyard lobby. We much prefer being able to get yoghurt or oatmeal, and enjoy picking up a quick wine later on in the day. The reception was very good and we were immediatley recognized as Marriott Elite members (which for some reason rarely happens at Courtyards). The room was large and well-appointed...and was an upgraded Suite of two rooms. The bathroom was not large but was adequate. As with check-in, the check-out was efficient, well-done and we were thanked for being guests. We would use this as a base of operations for the area again.

Room Tip: The ground floor Suites give out directly onto the patio through French doors which not everyone may...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here for a basketball tournament at Kean University. Stayed two nights and it is a very nicely kept hotel. The rooms held/reserved ended up being a one king bed with a convertible couch - not good for us - no problem changing to a double bed room. Clean; friendly and helpful staff; equipment in the room was all in proper working condition; had all the amenities expected. We had a 1st floor courtyard room and had a nice patio to sit on that led to the courtyard - you could walk to the reception/bistro area from your patio. The hottub is under repair/construction - my daughter would definitely have used that! The pool was small but seemed clean and kept up - I like they had pool towels for guests. We ate breakfast at the bistro and well, we weren't impressed; too expensive for what you got, and the lady got our order wrong - after she read it back to us. The order was $22 and change and my husband gave her $103.00 to get 4-$20's and change back - he got $77 and change back - didn't realize it till he got back to the table. We didn't get a receipt and both my husband and daughter ordered 2 eggs - we only got one plate of 2 eggs. I ordered a raisin bagel and got a plain one. This is all brought to our table by someone else so - for lack of time we just accepted it. The hotel is on road divided by a concrete median so you may have to do a U-turn if going the wrong way. All in all - a little expensive but I wouldn't have a problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside first floor have direct access to the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is a typical Courtyard. All the employees are excellent and customer focused. I have been here now for three weeks. They are very accommodating with special requests. I personally do not like the new "bistro" concept but it is not too bad. The old breakfast Buffett was better. It does seem a little expensive as well as the small bar offering. It is a good place to stay. They do not have speaker phones and you can't print from your laptop or room. This is the only real negative.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HanoverCyGM, General Manager at Courtyard Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

We greatly appreciate your review wolfsonla and look forward to your next visit. I just wanted to give you a quick update, that we are currently exploring wireless printing options for our guest rooms. Kindest Regards, Hanover Courtyard GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
Hanover Marriott
Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Courtyard Hanover Whippany? Share your experiences!