Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany
Westminster Hotel(Livingston)
Hanover Marriott(Whippany)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanregional airportstarbucks coffeeovernight staynice hotelbear in mindwalls are a bit thinstandard amenitiesbistro staffcheck in was a breezeclose proximityfront desk stafffair pricecorporate headquarterseast hanoverchecking inoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is in a convenient location, has great amenities. .pool, restaurant, lounge, fitness center. The staff was very nice, too. The only shortcoming was that we occasionally heard our neighbor's TV and talk, we also heard hall conversations while in the room. We had great free Internet service, too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel in September for three nights. We had a king room. It was adequate but seemed pretty snug. There are sliding glass doors to little balconies (we were on the third floor). It was nice that we could leave the door open a little at night to allow in fresh air and the sound of crickets.

There is no complementary breakfast here. You have to buy it. But their fare was pretty good and saved us from going out to find breakfast. There is a bar and late in the day when we came back we enjoyed beer and wine. We stayed here because it was convenient to the various venues we needed to access for a funeral, memorial service, and family gatherings.

We found the bed comfort to be average. Hampton Inn usually has more comfortable beds in our estimation. The amenities were limited. We never found the pool, but we didn't have time for it anyway.

Staff was nice and helpful.

The elevator is quite slow.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms by the ice machines such as room 319.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HanoverCyGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Llamabb,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and we are glad you were able to have a comfortable stay. During your next visit hopefully you and your family will have some time to enjoy the pool area.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel has a very welcoming and inviting lobby area. There are plenty of seats and one can work and hang around here. The staff were very courteous, professional and helpful. I was lucky to book a room for $80 before tax and I consider it a very good price. As a result, I assign a four-star to the value aspect. Staying here is very convenient, with easy access to Highway 287 (5 minutes, but finding ways to do a U-trun would be a hassle) and 80/280 (10 minutes). My room was on the first floor with direct access to the courtyard via a sliding door. However, be careful to not fully close the sliding door if you want to get back in quickly as you fully close the sliding door it latches and you will not be able to get back in. You will then need a room card to re-enter the room from your door. I believe it is the safety measure and I do not mind it too much. The room is pretty standard, with necessary equipment -- a coffee maker, a hair dryer, tub shower with extra elbow room. The water temperate and pressure is just right. I had a very enjoyable stay here. The courtyard is very nice but during summer night there might be mosquitoes, which is one of the features of Morris county. I hope the hotel can do something about it. There is also a swimming pool. You cannot really do lap swimming there, to my dismay, but I do see families having a lot of fun here. It would be a great place for a family to relax and bond.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear BHUANG69,

I am so glad you had an enjoyable stay at the Hanover Courtyard. We thank you so much for your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed for a wedding. Hotel lobby looks like it was recently renovated, very nice. Like that the hotel provided transportation to and from wedding. It was great for bar area to stay open until 2am for an 'after party'. Rooms was nice but small. The rooms with 2 beds are definitely larger. Liked that we had a balcony. Elevator was slow however the door closed quickly and would slam into you. Liked that we were able to have a continental breakfast in a private room the next morning. Last but not least, I enjoyed receiving an email from the hotel's GM the next morning and acknowledging that I stayed for a wedding, thanking me for my stay. Well done...good customer service.

Room Tip: Get a too with 2 beds...it's a larger room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
HanoverCyGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hanover Whippany, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thank you so much for visiting us NJReveler, and I am glad that everyone from the wedding had a great time! The entire team had a blast being able to help make the whole weekend fun and memorable. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kindest Regards, Hanover Courtyard GM

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My family and friends recently did a warrior dash near this hotel and after a strenuous day opted to stay here so that we could indulge in the whirlpool tub. Our reservations were made well in advance and we actually researched our hotel of choice because we were looking for certain amenities. Well after our race we returned to the hotel to check in and our first question was "where is the hot tub?" The front desk response "first floor at the end". Great- we change head down and it is covered with a tarp and cones. Apparently all courtyards are closing their hot tubs was the response we got. That is all well and good and they are entitled but don't advertise it on your website nor steer your guests in that direction when asked. Add that to the private airport so nearby that the plane numbers can be read off the side and I can say i will never be staying here again! I don't mind a little air traffic but prefer not to be awoken by it first thing in the morning- i'm not talking 9 a.m. either. Next year our race will be run and our stay at the HIlton!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends