“Hurricane sandy”
Review of Hanover Marriott

Hanover Marriott
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My family has been staying at this hotel since the start of the hurricane. The entire staff has been so accommodating and helpful with very little sleep. They are amazing. They are going out of their way to help anyone they can. The restaurants have been so busy because of the locals coming for dinner but everyone has been patiently waiting . I will definitely book this hotel again if a storm is coming!

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We booked this hotel for a 2 night stay for a friend's wedding. For a full-service property, the price was certainly reasonable.
There was plenty of parking in front of the hotel, but we noticed a lack of employee presence by the front door. This was a little troubling as we had a lot of bags. Check-in was a breeze for my wife while I was stuck brining bags back and forth from the car with no assistance or luggage carts in sight.
Luckily, having to drag a few bags around was probably the only low point of our stay. Our room seemed to be recently renovated. The king bed was very comfortable and the HDtv had plenty of channels for me to watch on my down time. The bathroom had a granite countertop and was very clean. The tub maybe wasn't as luxurious as the rest of the bathroom, but it was wide and functional. The room temperature was comfortable and quietly maintained thanks to the central heating/air conditioning. That made it easy to get a good night's sleep.
When we weren't sleeping, at the wedding, or getting ready, we enjoyed the modern lobby with many comfortable seating areas, wine and coffee vending machines, and a couple of HDtvs. We also enjoyed the pub for drinks and appetizers. The last morning, the wedding party had paid for breakfast for any remaining guests. I enjoyed what I had, but the wait staff wasn't as attentive as they could have been to our party. If we needed something, we had to find them. To their credit, they were quick to respond once we got their attention and even found soy milk for coffee.
While the hotel lobby restaurants may have been slightly understaffed at times, everyone was very friendly and our stay went smoothly. We would definitely stay here again if we had an event in the area.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Very good hotel. Great room. Very comfortable. Very clean, which I'm always concerned about at a hotel. Food in pub was ok - nothing great but not terrible. Breakfast from room service was lukewarm. Very good gym.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

As a 7-year airline Captain and career military officer, I have traveled the world over, and I can personally assure you that this will be the most delightful stay of your career. I don't know how many stars this Hotel has from the experts, but I will tell you that service and quality is at the forefront in all that they do. Consequently, 5 stars from me. The bed was wonderfully resting and the shower full and nice despite obvious water saver device installed. Toilet a work of art -- absolutely flushes quickly, completely and quietly with 1 gal or less of water used with each flush. Breakfast every day was a terrific buffet like none other I have ever seen -- from the outstanding omelette chef to the friendly, warm folks who clear the tables. Cost absolutely reasonable. Howard L. Bayne III

Room Tip: Seemingly all the same.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Excellent support of all details of a complicated wedding and brunch the next day. I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent support by Cheryl Costea (Group Sales), Rob Morgan (GM), Corey (Weekend Manager) and Beau (Catering). The hospitality was outstanding. Check-in of our large group of guests was efficient and pleasant. Smooth transportation to and from The Manor in West Orange. The Irish pub, the Aulde Shebeen was perfect for the after-party for our wedding, and the 3rd floor hospitality room was perfect for our morning brunch. Totally recommend this hotel for large events.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Great experience. The hotel was well kept and the staff was excellent. Customer service is key in the hotel business and this hotel is top notch! I will stay here again when traveling in the area for business.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed here for about a month+. I was very impressed by this properties attention to my preferences and instructions. There was almost always a pleasant greeting when coming back for the evening. The frond desk staff is top notch and very friendly. This place felt like home for my stays. The only complaint I cold think of is the standard really-really bad coffee in the Concierge lounge. Oh yeah, did I say the coffee was bad? :) The lounge had very nice snacks in the evening and the bacon at breakfast was addictive, though not on my diet..

Room Tip: The coffee in the room is decent, use that and skip the other coffees offered. You will like this h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
Courtyard Hanover Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!