“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Whippany
Minneapolis, MN
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here one night. I have over 500 lifetime stays with Marriott so I know my hotels! This one is great. Both the rooms and common areas appear to be relatively new and well kept. The bedding is above Marriott standards as are the towels. Parking was simple and free. HVAC in the rooms worked well, was quiet, and has the necessary "ON" function for the fan. Hallway noise was very limited in the room, ie good insulation.

There is a great Irish Pub onsite as well as a separate breakfast restaurant. Location is easy to get on major highways.

Definitely in the top 25% of the full service Marriott locations. I'd stay again!

Room Tip: 8th floor is top, as for end of hall for extra quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Wow! What a fantastic review, and coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself this is fantastic to hear. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community, and to all prospective customers of the Marriott Hanover. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is very outdated and not clean. Walking through the front entrace we could see the glass was very dirty and not cleaned. Furniture in the lobby looked like something that was probably fit for the 1980's. Front desk clerk was not friendly at all. Asked him questions answer was yes or no and did not eleborate any futher. Pool was out of service and was never informed this when booking the room (big disappointment for my children). Unsure why hotel does not offer perk of free WIFI to be competitive. Room was not clean and no fan in the bathroom. I also just received an email today in which they charged me for a bottle of water that we did not drink.. $4. Called tonight to dispute this, charged occurred 2 days after check out. Was told to call tomorrow to address it. Really, whatever happened to addressing this issue immediatly. I am do disgusted with my overall experience. I would rate this hotel a 0 if I good. Please stay at other hotels if you have a choice. Other hotels in the area offer free WIFI and some even offer free breakfast.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I'm very sorry the hotel did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to discuss your concerns in greater detail so please feel free to contact me at 973-898-6426.

David Ross
Director of Sales & Marketing
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had one afternoon and evening in this hotel. The staff were warm and welcoming, the room splendid and had all of the refinements you would expect. The nice surprise was the authentic Irish Pub nestling in the foyer. You walk from modern, bright standard hotel into a 'ye olde worlde' decked out Irish Pub. Good food and beer and a relaxing atmosphere. A little bit of home.

Would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are of the required standard
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We agree that our authentic Irish Pub, the Auld Shebeen, is truly a hidden gem and rivals any Irish pub in the U.S. in terms of it's authenticity, quality and service. Thank you for the kind words, and we hope to see you again soon!
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel itself is generally good. The rooms are typical in size, and the rooms themselves are clean and quiet. The staff seems to be friendly and helpful. We did find that the hotel corridors do not receive the same level of housekeeping as the rooms. Trays and glasses from room service seem to remain in the corridors for a very long time (we even saw one party tripping over them). Also, the same trash was seen to remain in the corridor the entire two days of our stay. The lobby and meeting rooms were acceptable. One major issue for a family, however, has to do with the two restaurants on site. Both are very high priced, and the Auld Shabeen Irish pub has some serious staffing issues to boot. Our stay was OK...but because of the restaurants, quite costly. The inattention to the corridors and the issues with the restaurants do not make the facility friendly.

Room Tip: One of the main corridors on the 2nd and 3rd floors is open to the lobby...and when there is a ;lot...
Green Features: There were no major environmentally-friendly practices in evidence beyond the usual "you can keep your towels for a few days if you want" to avoid having to have them laundered.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay. This is very good feedback for us take back to our teams and improve upon. While we have done quite a bit of research to ensure that our restaurant outlets are competitively priced with similar hotels in the area and of our caliber, I understand your concern. We truly appreciate the feedback, and please feel free to reach out to me at 973-898-6426 or dross@hanovermarriott.com directly to discuss any of your concerns, or if you are thinking about giving us a second chance - we would love to turn that 3 Star rating into a 4 or 5!.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed a week for a business meeting. Stayed in one of the remodeled rooms - very nice and the wireless was much faster than at most hotels (it's not free, you have to pay for it). The pub/bar was good for one or two nights, but has a limited menu. The salmon dish was an odd combination of things, but was a very pleasant surprise and very tasty. Excellent selection of beers so when you've eaten outside the hotel, stop there for a beer (if beer is your drink of choice).

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms and on the back of the hotel so you don't encounter any road...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
David R, Director of Sales at Hanover Marriott, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Hanover Marriott on business travel. I'm so glad that our internet speeds lived up (and exceeded) your expectations and what you've experienced at other hotels - we understand how important high speed internet is to our business travelers, and we've made many improvements recently to our bandwidth and connectivity.

Our Executive Chef certainly enjoys "mixing things up" and creating Lunch & Dinner Specials each night at the Auld Shebeen Pub, so I'm glad you took a risk on the Salmon special (I believe it was the Pastrami Salmon which I found to be an odd combination as well, but like you say, it works!). I'm glad you had the pleasure of tasting our various beers on tap, and thank you for recommending all of our guests to give the Pub a try!
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed at this property for 2 nights last weekend. Great lobby and ample hotel parking. Hotel was great at letting me check in early and honored all of my room requests. Got a room on the quiet side of the 7th floor. Room rate included breakfast @ Seeds. Food selection was good. My son enjoyed the pancakes on the 1st morning and I enjoyed the omelet station and fresh fruit, especially the kiwi fruit. The 2nd day they had french toast but my son REALLY wanted pancakes. I asked the wonderful hostess and she had the kitchen whip up a batch just for my son. He was THRILLED and felt very special. Way to go Hanover Marriott. Day 1 breakfast was good and uneventful, however day 2 greeted us with a packed restaurant. A large group of parents and children descended on the place and proceeded to take over the restaurant. They were generally VERY loud and rude, frequently cutting the breakfast buffet line whenever they needed something, clearly bypassing the other guests waiting paitently. Their children appeared to have been raised by barn animals and clearly had not mastered the art of using the serving utensils at the buffet station. This however is not somthing the hotel can control so I did not factor this into my rating. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness room, but when I checked it out the pool area was nice and warm and the fitness room offered a good variety of exercise equipment. Will definitely stay here again when my plans bring me to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non Route 10 side (south side), it is generally quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time write a review of your most recent weekend getaway at the Hanover Marriott. I am so glad we were successful in making your son feel special! It is all about knowing our customer's preferences, and acting on them - so I'm glad our team at Seeds Restaurant was able to provide pancakes to make your son's experience THAT much better! Having kids of my own, that warms my heart, It's unfortunate that your breakfast experience was not as special on Day 2 of your stay, and thank you for your understanding that there are some things we have little control over. We will always make every effort to manage every situation to our guest's expectations. Thank you again for sharing the highlights (and low-lights) of your stay!
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have stayed here twice in 2 years for an event. Both times we were impressed by the quality and cleanliness of the room. The lobby is beautiful and has a unique "self service" wine bar that allows for tasting or full glasses. Our room rate included a delicious buffet full breakfast in Seeds restaurant. Our most favorite part of stay is The Auld Shebeen - the on site Irish pub. Get a burger - you won't regret it. The Turkey Burger is one of the best I have had anywhere. Highly recommend. The only downside to this hotel is access into the parking lot - you have to pay attention to the "loop" back to get in if coming from 287.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor - the important thing to note here is there is only one side of the 4th f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I love the title of your Review - thank you very much! We appreciate your menu recommendations for the Auld Shebeen Pub - I happen to agree, and we truly have a fantastic menu and culinary team. Thank you for the fantastic review, and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany
#7 of 16 in Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hanover Marriott? Share your experiences!