“Yeah Tide Winds......We love you”
Review of Tide Winds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Tide Winds Motel
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Our youth group visited the Tide Winds this spring and had a wonderful time. The rooms were super clean,although an older motel and the maids were wonderful and we were able to have our meetings on the great deck. Everyone was so pleased and we are already planning on an escape weekend for 2014. We would recommend this awesome motel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BobbiLynn M
There are newer reviews for Tide Winds Motel

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The great thing about this motel is the location! I go to Wildwood for the big weekend events in September, and the set up the event tents in front of the convention center, which is just a few feet out the door. The rooms are dated, and could be better cleaned, and the staff are international so they don't always speak great English. Connie is very nice, but when she says she'll call you in January to verify your booking for the next year, you might as well call her first, or wait you'll be waiting till March. On another note, I have not used this service, but the place is dog friendly, which I think is great.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JamieBeth
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We come down for beach bop I guess about 4 or 5 yrs now and We couldn't be happier. Families all come with the girls so we need a lot of rooms. Connie always takes care of us. Its also really nice to be able to stay in the same room. The high school prom kids are usually there but I never hear the, in fact rarely see them except sun bathing sometimes. Anyway back to the good stuff, rooms are the old traditional beach rooms, nothing fancy but hey who goes to the room and hangs there? We're there for the beach and boards! Place is always clean, we don't cook except some stuff in the microwave so I can't say if the stove works, but its cool, pool's good, kids are happy and mom is always happy too. The staff is very nice, We love Connie and we never have any issues, and yes we have used the wifi for those who couldn't only for the last 4 yrs! Oh yeah and once I got all the way back and I didn't have my key no issues they even laughed with me and gave me the other to get in!usually have a min. of 6 rooms at a time

Room Tip: Book before she's full, is the beach not the Hilton so don't complain! Staff is so nice
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This old fashioned Wildwood Motel is run by nice people and is dog friendly. We were probably among the last guests of the season, so it is not surprising that things were a little run down, and not sparkling fresh (though indeed the linens and towels were clean and fresh). We think that small places like this that give personal service (and are nice to our dog) deserve encouragement rather than nit picking. We tend to prefer North Wildwood, but pet-friendly lodgings are getting harder and harder to find there (and anywhere on the island).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OldMillPa
Reviewed 11 September 2012

The moment i arrived here, I was feeling ill. 3 am in the morning of the second day, my fiance has to call the ambulance - we find that i have a perforation in my intestines, requiring a week stay at Cape Regional - ten minutes from the Tide Winds. So, my girlfriend has to drive back/forth each day for a week, but we had planned on staying a day or two! now that will HAVE to be a week (we live in Philly) well the lady at the front desk hears of my girlfriends debacle and offers her to stay for a few days no charge til i get out of the hospital. 2 surgeries, a week later, i did get released; but i thank God for providing a caring person to help ease the burden on my fiancee. i cannot say better things about this place, we were in a terrible bind, i was incapacitated and not lucid, and my poor fiance was thankfully helped out by a thoughtful person lending a helping hand. WE WILL STAY HERE EVERYTIME WE ARE IN THE AREA. I love that they take dogs, even larger ones and you can't tell any signs that they do - including that every dog there was extremely friendly and kept to themselves, no barking or anything! Brand new painted walls, very clean, all the little amenities you need, at a great price! really just all around an easy stay, with pool/grill/covered parking, etc. Stay here and you wont regret it.

Room Tip: ask for one with a sink and oven if you need it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vinnie P
Reviewed 3 September 2012

For the price u get a friendly, almost family like atmosphere managed by ppl who have great customer svc! Takes dogs for a lil more a nIght and doesn't give u any problems while they're there. Rooms are regular, not fancy but equipped and clean. Will come here as much as Im in wildwood to stay every time.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We have been visiting the Tide Winds Motel for the past 30+ years. Connie is so gracious and accomodating, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! The rooms are always very clean and comfortable, and the maid service is wonderful...rooms cleaned daily and clean towels and washcloths brought in daily. The pool is also kept very clean. The motel is located just 2 1//2 blocks from the boardwalk and is a short pleasant walk to beach and great restaurants. Our children and granddaughters love going there every summer! We have great memories that will last a lifetime!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family