“It's your call!”

Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Burnham, Pennsylvania
“It's your call!”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed for the weekend. The rooms were very small. We had 4 staying in our room and it was very tight quarters. With the 4 of us and our luggage barely any room to move. Our room did have a refrigerator that worked and a microwave (we didn't use it so I'm not sure if it worked). No phone or alarm clock in the room. The TV remote didn't work. The bathroom is excruciatingly small, I couldn't even get dressed in there. I had 2 teenage boys with me so this was an inconvenience. Parking was awful. I don't recommend taking trucks or large SUV's there. Or room never got cleaned and I let 3 different office staff know and nothing was done about it. I had to go get towels because of our room never being cleaned. All I was told was to put the towels outside my door and someone would get them. The next morning they were still there.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank leagueofchambord

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Middleburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel offers what they advertise. Parking is the only problem but the OWNER takes the time to help out. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Good location. Clean pool. A good deal for budget conscious.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Middleburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2012

If you are looking for bells and whistles, this is not the place....HOWEVER, you will find very helpful office staff, clean rooms, cool air conditioning, and a great pool! When we arrived, we noticed at least 7 staff members cleaning rooms, sweeping outside, renovating and painting doors. The owner worked with us to give us an early check-in so that we could get to the water parks. Parking is a bit of a concern if the Motel is fully booked and the rooms are small....BUT it will meet all your needs while at the beach. We really appreciated the frig/freezer to keep our beach snacks cool and the beds were really comfortable! Thanks for a fine stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathi C
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I loved this place. I really have no complaints. We even stayed an extra night! The owner honestly made sure his guests were satisfied! We normally vaca in Deleware but this hotel will definitely will be seeing us next year. Thank You for making our vaca the greatest!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We were going to stay here until we found out they have bed bugs!!! So we called to cancel, findinf out there is a 25% cancellation fee....what?????& still waiting for our check back from the deposit.... If nothing soon, i will be reporting this place!!!

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank crazy-pook
surf2267, Owner at Surf Comber Motel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
First we do not have bed bugs at our motel. It has been our policy for ten years about cancellation fee which is posted on the Internet.Refunds take about three weeks to be returned we would hope the customer would call us in future to ask about the status of their refund.I can also issue anyone a report of our bi-monthly pest control service. Please call if you have any questions .It is tough in this day you are guilty til proven innocent. We are having one our best summers and hope too keep this going in the right direction.

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

pa
Reviewed 10 May 2012

To start, when we got there we were informed from the motel that the rooms may smell moldy, due to the fact that the rooms have not been opened since last year! If you new people were coming, don't you think you would open and cleans the rooms in advance??We walked into the rooms, smole detectors laying on night stands with no batteries in them, pulled the sheets back, found mold on the bed sheets, pillow cases, towels. Even found bugs in Toilet paper. Not sleeping in that bed!! Ran the water in sink and shower, rust color water came out, ran water for 15min before cleared up, ran hot water for 10 min before any hot water came out, shower did not work, only a trickle, had to use another shower, still did not have much hot water. lots of people staing in hotel when we were there.
Most of them had same issues, Some even left to go to other hotels!!. When addressed issues with owners, they were very rude!!! This is a place if the board of heath walked in, they should shut this place down. I wouldn't stay there if it was free!! I could keep going, but I think I made my point. This is a poor example of a Wildwood motel!!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jkenterprise
surf2267, Owner at Surf Comber Motel, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
I do not look on tripadvisor too often.So I was shocked when I saw what that group posted on that weekend. It was our opening weekend and the rooms can be musty that time of year.the rooms in question are the two breezeway rooms 1st floor,no view,not are best rooms by any means.we did have people renting the week before in those rooms with no complaints.Smells in a room is very subjective to one's nose some smell musty others smell smoke and etc.... we did have rusty water in the pipes ,rio grande ave was being ripped up and pipes replaced so that is a result of that and out of are control. We also get pest control service twice a month by a reputable company in the area.we have had are city,state,and fire inspections done and have passed all three.Very proud of that ,we work really hard to make this place a welcome destination to families.If this motel was so unlivable then why did only 7out of 20 rooms check out ?There were a lot of rooms open on the island that weekend.
Doral, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2012

1st let me stat that if you have read any good reviews on this place then it is not by someone who actually stayed there. I travel a lot and am in and out of hotels and motels all of the time. This is by far the worst place I have ever seen. This place should be shut down. It is filthy. I was with a group and when we arrived we were told that the rooms smelled because they had not been opened yet this season. That was the least of their problems. The rooms were filled with Mold, Mildew, moth balls, smoke, and so on in that area of stuff. Rooms actually had black mold on stuff in the rooms (See previous review - They are not exagerating) One room smelled like a cat had been using it for a personal bathroom for some time. When our group looked at some of the rooms and pulled sheets back, there were spiders crawling through the sheets. There were also spiders crawling through the rolls of toilet paper. Rooms had little to no hot water. One room actually had the sink come out from the wall a bit and they could see that the drain pipe lead to no where. The water would just empty out onto the floor on the inside of the wall. The rooms on the 1st floor are by far worse than the ones on the 2nd floor, but not by much. We were traveling as a group and for health reasons, 1/2 of our group physically could not stay at this hotel. Staff working this joint are not friendly and they are in no means up to code. They had smoke detectors sitting on the beds and like the previous reviews have stated... The hotel states that it is not their fault. I think that the city of wildwood should do an inspection and shut this hotel down. I would describe this place as worse than a house filled with moldy food... Imagine how you would feel walking into a house that had a strong smell of mold, cat pee, and smoke, and had rodants and spiders walking around. That actually sounds better than this place. Please trust me that all of these reviews that are rated as "terrible" are not exagerating at all. Don't let it's location to the the boardwalk fool you! I am looking to post pictures for you soon.

Room Tip: My tip is to pick any other hotel/motel other than this one. This one is by far the worst ever.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business