“Just perfect!”

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Newtown, PA
“Just perfect!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here this summer. It was great to have 2 rooms, each with a television. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Perfect location with the boardwalk and dining just a block away. Plus you can't beat the Stay & Play package. We plan on staying here again next summer.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Wysox, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was our second year at the Blue Palms. We travel to Wildwood the last weekend in September to participate in the tough truck competition as part of the monster truck show on the beach. Last year our stay was good with no problems or complaints. This year however was a different story.
Let me start out with the good stuff...the rooms are clean, nice layouts, pool is nice, convenient to the boardwalk. The personnel is what brings me to write this. Our group of travelers consisted of 11 rooms all except two rooms were suites. We were not the only racing group staying at this hotel. We arrived on Thursday evening....the air conditioning would not work in any of the rooms, we were able to put some ice in a couple of coolers but then the ice machine quit working, when asked why they told us that the ice machine was hooked to the air conditioning and was shut off. We then on Friday afternoon we noticed someone getting ice. Thursday after getting settled we asked for the fire pit to be turned on. We were told that it didn't work. When we came back from racing on Friday night the fire pit was on - however we were told it would be shut off at 10:30. They shut it off at 11 and told us we were lucky they gave us extra time. On Saturday night after racing some of the kids asked if they could turn on the fire pit. The kids were told it was broke. An adult went in and they turn it on. Some sat around it for a little bit and then went out to enjoy some night life. Some other people staying at the hotel sat around the fire - geez the hotel personnel left the fire going until 12:30am. I don't understand why they would lie to us? I also don't understand why a hotel that just made roughly $4000 (the cost of all of our rooms) off of us wouldn't want to accomodate - especially since it is end of the season? I doubt we will be back now.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tammy W
Deptford, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel room was clean, which is very important to me. It was smaller than the pictures on the website but, we were only there for a few days. Staff was accommodating and courteous.Upon arrival I turned the air up as the room felt stuffy. The air never got cool so I called the front desk and was told that all of the units were on "heat" mode and that could not be changed. He said to open the back window and it would probably get cool at night. He then asked if I wanted a fan and I said yes. the fan helped a little. During the day it was very warm. This kind of ruined my stay because I had to keep going outside to get some air. Other than the room being very small and no air conditioning, our stay was okay. They have bikes and sand chairs for guest use which I thought was nice and coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mountain Lake
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just stayed at the Blue Palms, Boardwalk Bungalows this past weekend for a convention. It was great! Great service, staff was over on our deck area a few times during the day and each and every time they would empty thegarbage and ask if there was anything that was needed by us. We asked for a Gas Grill and they called about to their other hotels, could not find one so they got a new one and delivered it to us. Looking forward to next year now! The location of the hotel puts you near all of WW's attractions; Piers, Food, Converntion Hall, Entertainment

Room Tip: The Bungalows are directly across from the boardwalk
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RB_MtLake
Acme, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great location close to everything. Neat and clean. Friendly and helpful staff. A nice plus having the bikes, chairs and boogie boards. The muffins and bagels along with coffee and juice are a nice touch. Pool was a good size and clean, there were also sun decks. Our room was a little noisy, we were next to the parking lot behind the hotel & near the back of the restaurant beside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My family has gone to Wildwood at least once a year, for the past 10 years. So we pretty much know the lay of the land. This is the first time we've stayed at The Blue Palms. But it won't be our last. I caught a good deal via internet for a late Summer sale.
Hotel was easy to find. has a great location right behind Morey's pier. Its down the street from historic restaurants and shopping.
The hotel itself was clean, modern and seemed recently updated. I LOVED that it had no carpets, as I hate walking on musty, dirty and old carpeting. We booked a 4 person efficiency. When we first walked in I panicked BC the single bedroom had a bunkbed. Where was the second bed? Finally we calmed down and realized there was a pullout in the living area. So cute.
The place came well stocked with extra blankets and towels. The air conditioning was quiet and efficient. The kitchen was clean, however, although it came with a coffee machine, it had no coffee filters. I've never stayed anywhere that had one and not the other. I mean how expensive are filters? Anyway, if you ever find yourself in this delema, paper towels work in a pinch.
On a happy surprise, the place comes with complementary beach chairs and you can either rent or borrow bikes. We didn't take advantage of the bikes, so I'm unsure.
Overall, it was a very nice stay. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Bring coffee filters.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Loved this place. Close to the boardwalk and in center Wildwood. The extras were a plus: free bikes, boogie boards, and beach chairs on loan. Nicely updated and clean. The breakfast in the lobby was an additional benefit. I stayed at numerous motels in Wildwood and this was the best.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family