“First Timers!!!”

Blue Palms
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“First Timers!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful overnight stay here at Blue Palms! We arrived a bit early for the check-in but the staff made all things possible to get our room ready especially because they've seen us with our 2-month old baby. (Special mention to Gina who prepared our room quickly and one of the supervisors - Howard who made sure that everything will be comfortable for our baby!) The pool was great! My kids loved it! Room was clean! Had pastries and bagels for breakfast.. The whole resort has a very relaxing atmosphere.. It is indeed for families!!! It was our first time in Wildwood and Blue Palms made our experience a delightful one! The only mistake we did was staying only for a night. Will definitely go back here!!!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank SAKSmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here for the first time and can't wait to go back! Many of the motels in the area are very dated and just starting to renovate. This property is a gem! My two children and I stayed in a poolview suite and loved the room. It was so clean and fresh compared to many Wildwood area motels. The air conditioning worked really well and wasn't very noisy. My 6 foot tall son slept on the pullout couch and said it was very comfortable. We really enjoyed borrowing the complimentary bikes in the morning to ride the boardwalk. I usually rent bikes so this really was a money saver, and the bikes were in great condition. They even had helmets for the kids and kid sized bikes. The front desk staff was so helpful from when I called to book to when we got there. They even suggested to me to arrive early and take advantage of the Morey's Pier discount ticket which we did. We got there around 9 a.m., and they let me park my car in the lot even before we officially checked in. We went to the pier, got our tickets, and spent the day at the 2 waterparks before returning to check in around 4. That night we rode so many of the rides. You can't beat $48 for a full day of waterparks and then a night of boardwalk rides. The complimentary breakfast was just enough to start the day and head to the beach. Had I known how much we would enjoy the Blue Palms, I would have booked additional nights. Planning at least a 3 night stay the summer of 2015 :)

3 Thank Elizabeth46905
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was my family's first trip back to Wildwood since 2009 and before that 2004. We hadn't been there because the hotels we stayed in were not up to my standards. We decided to go back and I asked for recommendations from friends. Several said Blue Palms. We took a chance and I am glad we did. I'm a hard sell and I was sold from the minute we opened the door. Clean, clean, clean! The décor was so cute and I liked the hardwood floors instead of carpeting.

1 Thank Dani M
Queensbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was ready at 100pm even though check in was at 300pm. The location is great, right across the street from the boardwalk with easy access to the beach. The room was cleaned well daily. The amenities are all good including the pools, deck, bikes, and breakfast and coffee. We particularly enjoyed the bikes and taking a morning ride to explore the area. We were a bit cramped in room 228 as a family of four, but we booked last minute and could not get a bigger room. The only thing I would say negatively about that room 228 and 229 is that you feel stuck in a dark hallway and the maid service tends to be in the way of the entrance, but those things were minor. The only thing I would suggest is not these two rooms and the main hotel if possible. The parking was good and free. Overall we enjoyed the hotel and experience. Again, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the customer service was good, things that matter to me in a hotel. The price was also reasonable expecially for the middle of the busy summer schedule and the location. I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

2 Thank Michael O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We had a comfortable stay as a family at the Blue Palms in Wildwood last summer for 5 nights/6 days. The hotel was nicer looking than the other motels in the area - the room was very clean and no complaints there. It was close to Splash zone which is our favorite water park.
The family pool suite we booked sits pool front on the first level. It included a separate queen sized bedroom, a kitchenette (no stovetop), and a large living room with a queen sleeper sofabed for the kids. We liked the layout of the room and the size compared to your average tiny shore hotel/motel room. The room was about 190 dollars per night. We were also able to purchase the Morey's Piers Stay and Play package which is ideal to save a significant amount of money if you plan on riding the rides on the three piers for the length of your stay. The pool is on the smaller size but shore hotels usually have limited space - There is a kiddie pool area perfect for little ones. There were many families there when we stayed and it did not seem like a party hotel.
In the morning, they have a small breakfast set out in the front office which includes pastries, mini bagels, yogurt, coffee and juices on a pump spout. The juice and coffee were not to my taste so bring your own mini keurig and put juice in the fridge for the kids. This did help save us money and time too since we didn't have to go sit down for breakfast.
One of my favorite parts of the hotel was the fire pit that sits near the front office - it's warm during those cool nights and you can sit on the big rocks around it and enjoy some family conversation. Great for pics too! The only downside? Poor wifi in the rooms - we had trouble with the phones and iPad and found that we along with our neighbors had to sit out in the front of our room to get service. They do provide two chairs and a small table outside each room. Despite that, it was a great stay and I would like to visit again!

Stayed September 2013
3 Thank Freedom126
Gap, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our stay was perfect. Staff was very pleasant.

My 24 yr old son was visiting from Austin TX for the week. I live in Lancaster PA. My grandmother had a house on 8th Avenue until about 15 years ago, so we both have Wildwood memories. We decided after a day in Philly to try and find a room. My husband and I stayed on a Groupon,so he suggested I start with Blue Palm.

We came for only one night, but our short stay was perfect. Room was spotless, quiet and the bicycles and care package were a real nice touch. It was more than I would spend normally, but I realize we were in prime time and made a last minute reservation on a whim. The fudge, snacks. drinks and bikes offset the price a bit, that was just enough for our short stay.

We rode the bikes down the boards to 8th Ave to grandmom's old house. It was a ride down memory lane.

I always swore I would never stay anywhere except the American Inn on 17th. This establishment is a close 2nd. I am a VERY tough customer :). It was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I personally like the bungelow rooms. Plenty big enough for two and dead quiet both times I stayed...
2 Thank Goneforgood2013
New Market, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We absolutely LOVED our stay at the Blue Palms. The numerous common areas were fabulous as we had a group of 25-30 family members. The staff was beyond awesome! They were extremely friendly and ready and willing to assist. They anticipated our every possible need or want and were ahead of the game. Everyone was very helpful with my Grandparents who are both on walkers. When my Aunt took them out to dinner, she was worried about not getting a parking spot when they returned. Someone put a bucket of sand with a sign to reserve their parking spot. An added bonus is the discount wrist band to the rides and water parks! Morey's sure do know how to take care of their guests. My Grandfather said it was the best vacation in 20+ years!! We are already planning our trip for next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family