“Clean, quiet and close to the boardwalk”
Review of Marlane Motel

Marlane Motel
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 11 June 2011

As others have noted, if you're looking for a party hotel, the MarLane isn't for you; it caters to couples and families, not frat boys throwing keggers. The motel is about 2 blocks from the boardwalk and convention center, and right across the street from Fox Park. The room my husband and I stayed in was small and simple--this isn't a luxe hotel, either--but it was clean and had everything we needed for a short stay. We'd chosen a smaller room because we only stayed 3 nights; larger rooms are available, and I'd opt for one of those for longer stays.

The owners, Lisa and Chris, are very conscientious and seem to sincerely want their guests to have a good experience. On the first morning of our stay, we discovered that the shower was broken. Even though he had literally just returned from his morning run, Chris came up to fix it and had it working again within 10 minutes. The housekeeping staff were just as courteous and friendly as the owners. They clean the rooms quickly and thoroughly.

The Internet service was FAST, much faster than typical hotel Internet service. The pool was small (5.5' at the deep end) but clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a small but very nice flat-screen TV with a rather large selection of basic cable channels. The front desk has limited hours and amenities like a clock radio and free shampoo are missing, but as I said above, this isn't a luxe hotel. We are budget-conscious travelers; we'd rather save the $100.00/night or so more that we'd have to pay for silly little "extra's."

The only beef I had was that the pool closes at 7:00 p.m. I'm guessing this is to keep noise levels down, but I am very fair-skinned and it's just safer for me to swim in the evening; it'd be nice if they kept it open until 9:00 or 10:00. However, that's not a deal-breaker for me; I would return to the MarLane and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Check the hotel's website for specials
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trothaar
There are newer reviews for Marlane Motel

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Absolutely loved our stay here ...havent been to wildwood in years and the Marlane brought back wonderful memories...it has the ideal location just 1 block in from the convention center/boardwalk....it had old school charm spotless clean quiet and comfortable.Lisa and Chris were the most gracious hosts you can ask for very helpful informative and pleasant.If your looking for a place to party and get loud keep looking Lisa seems to pride herself on screening out trouble!! We will be back in August with the whole family.We have found a new home in the wildwoods and will NEVER stay elswhere

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My family and I went to Wildwood for the first time for Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time! This hotel was nice. The room was clean. Nothing fancy but has what you need. The pool was clean and nice to lounge around while the kids swim. The owners are very nice as well.

Room Tip: Check their specials on their website
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank amorelli
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed at the Marlane over Memorial Day Weekend. Motel room and properties are kept in clean condition, mattress in room is comfortable, pool is clean and nice size. A couple of smaller didn't want me to give 5 star rating. Rooms needs a (radio) clock, wouldn't cost much and would make a whole big of a difference. Bathrooms are clean but need more than just a hand soap, add maybe shampoo and/or shower gel, also here, not much to spend on. As an extra, I would recommend maybe put one additional blanket/pillow in each room. Overall though a nice place and if I came back to Wildwood, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Buenzli
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Our group stays at the Marlene every year when we are in Wildwood for the Tournament of Bands. My kids love the place, they always feel comfortable and have no complaints!! The hotel staff is very nice and goes out of their way to make us feel comfortable and do all they can for us while we are there. We will be staying at the Marlane for many, many years to come!!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 11 May 2011

My husband and I had to get rooms in two different hotels in Wildwood to accommodate both of our daughter's teams. I have to say that I was very jealous that he got to bunk at the Marlane and I ended up spending the majority of my weekend there too. The new tvs and hardwood floors make you feel that this is not your typical motel. It is the perfect central location (one block to the beach and convention center) and has a very intimate family friendly feel. The pool was open for our crazy high schoolers and it was spotless. I will definitely be returning again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travelinmomma7
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The Marlane is a wonderfull, family owned and operated motel just a block from the convention center. I just spent a weekend there with a group for an event and the entire staff was great. Housekeeping was very good. One of our group left a notebook computer behind and the owners went out of their way to contact us and make arrangements to return it. Not sure that would happen in other motels these days.
We have been taking our group to this hotel for many years during the same early season weekend and every year the Marlane upgrades to make the stay better. We happily are already planning on returning to the Marlane same time next year!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business