“TRULY A GREAT HIDDEN GEM”
Review of Marlane Motel

Marlane Motel
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I read trip advisor when choosing hotels etc. I must say that the reviews are spot on with this place. Lisa & Chris who are the owner/operators are fantastic. They were so helpful and patient it was unbelievable. They gave us great ideas for dinner like Jersey Girl, Little Italy and Beach Creek which were all fantastic and saved us a lot of money. Take advantage of 1st Seatings 4pm - 6pm to take advantage of savings at these places. Rooms were very clean and pool was kept in fantastic condition. The proximity to the beach / boardwalk was about a 4 minute walk. Would highly recommend this place over any other place in Wildwood.
Tony & Rose - Toronto Canada

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CANADIANFAMILY2011
There are newer reviews for Marlane Motel

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I had about the typical size motel-room, with a king size bed. The mattress was fairly firm, as I like it. There was a small table with chairs, dresser with 6 drawers, small fridge and microwave, and wireless internet. The bathroom had a full tub. There was no shampoo, like every other place in Wildwood. The property was clean and hospitable. I stayed for work with several colleagues, and Lisa was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. I stayed in several places in the Wildwoods over the years and I can see why this place is so highly rated. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed in many motels in Wildwood in the past 15 years and have to say this is by far the best. It was a family place, very close to everything. The rooms are updated and very clean and the owners are awesome people, make you feel very comfortable and welcome. This will defenitely be our place to stay in future travels to Wildwood.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I've been vacationing in Wildwood since I was a kid, and had yet to find a motel that I truly loved. After staying a week at the MarLane, I've found it! I contacted Lisa back in January to plan this trip with my family and my in-laws. Not only was Lisa accomodating to place us in rooms on first floor by the pool, but she also put our rooms right next to each other! The place is clean, quiet, easy access to just about anything you can think of, and the very affordable. The MarLane just became our Wildwood motel of choice! Thank you so much, Lisa, and we'll see you again next year!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Of all the things we liked about the Marlane, I would say that the hospitality was its greatest asset. They definitely go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. The customer service would never be duplicated in a "chain." It was our first trip to Wildwood and when we return we will definitely be hoping to stay at the Marlane again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dogilicious
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The MarLane is a fantastic Wildwood motel with hospitable staff, ultra-clean rooms and a true family feel. Chris and Lisa go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that each and every guest has a great trip. I have stayed at the MarLane twice now for the annual NJ State Elks Convention and can't imagine going anywhere else! Upon my check-in this year, I was greeted by Lisa who not only remembered me but also recalled that I had the same room the previous year. She was quick to thank me for returning and also mentioned that my room now had an upgraded flat-screen TV. The attention to detail made me feel right at home and so very happy to be back! Lisa and Chris can be seen tending to the pool, rooms and front desk all day and are easily accessible for any questions or needs.

In addition to the great staff and friendly atmosphere, the MarLane is also extremely convenient in terms of proximity to can't-miss Wildwood attractions. The beach, boardwalk, convention center, restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance which is another huge draw. Location, location, location!

See you next year!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Marlane and loved it. The owners Chris and Lisa are very nice and helpful with things to do and directions. We stayed in a room on the second floor that had a king size bed, mini fridge and microwave. The room was spotless, probably one of the cleanest rooms I have ever seen in a motel or hotel. The hotel staff were also very pleasant. The pool looked very clean, even though we didn't get a chance to use it. Coffee is served every morning under a canopy where you can sit and chat with the other hotel guests if you wish. The location was also good, about a block and a half to the boardwalk, and close to Morey's Piers, but not right in the middle of it where there would be more noise, traffic, etc. Fox Park is across the street, they have tennis courts, play area for children and right outside of the park is the mini version of the Vietnam War Memorial Wall (like the one in Washington DC) which was especially nice to visit since there was an American Legion convention going on during the week we stayed and we met so many nice men and women who had served in the military.

I would highly recommend the Marlane for its cleanliness, the gracious owners, location and price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple