“fun times”
Review of Marlane Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Marlane Motel
Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“fun times”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

From the minute we checked in, we knew it was a motel that is well-run. Many small business owners could learn much from these owners & how to run a business to be proud of. It's clean and well-kept. They know their scene very well (as they should) and impart that information to their visitors, which made our stay smooth. The location is unmatched...it's a quick walk to all the places we wanted to go. You needn't use your car once you arrive. There's a playground and tennis courts across the street, the Boardwalk/beach is 2 short blocks away, close to many restaurants. Coffee is served in the morning & a fruit truck makes rounds during the course of the day. The one issue I had was the guests closest to our room were smokers. My daughter & I suffer from allergy induced asthma, so we had to walk quickly by them when they were smoking outside their rooms. We look forward to another stay at the Marlane after we recover from lack-a-moolah.

1 Thank eji358

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Doylestown, Pa
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Marlane in the middle of August for 5 days. What a happy great experience. My husand and I and my son and his friend (11 years old) loved it too. Chris and Lisa and their mom Phyllis are incredible people. Everyone there was incredible and the room was comfortable and immaculate. Chris and Lisa take great pride. I loved seeing their smiling faces everyday and the coffee already made on the coffee bar every morning. We miss you guys including the maids. Promise, we will return over and over again!!!!

Lisa V, Manager at Marlane Motel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I must say that it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Although you were a first time guest, you fit right in with all the regulars! Looking forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Lisa & Chris are the best. This is a gem of a motel in Wildwood. They are always booked because loyal customers go back every year and are welcomed like family. The place is always updated and is so relaxing. I can't wait to go back next year!
Thanks for being the best!!

Churchville, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was our third year staying at The MarLane. I hate to think that there may be a time when we can't stay there because they are full...which is why I'm hesitant to share how great they are :) Once word gets out that this is the best place on the entire island, I'm certain Lisa & Chris will be booked all season long. But seriously, they keep the property exceptionally well maintained, inside and out. It's obvious that the MarLane is their heart & soul, and each guest is made to feel like part of the family, from the first time you step into the office until the time you check out.
The MarLane is within walking distance of just about everything you could need (once my car is parked when we check in, it doesn't move until it's time to go home). Chris & Lisa seem to have thought of everything their guests might need to make their trip to the beach more enjoyable. There are boogie boards, beach chairs, fishing rods, beach umbrellas, and tennis rackets & balls, just to name a few.
The rooms are amazingly clean, as is the pool and the area around it. Actually, there has not been a time when I've seen ANY area of the property in need of cleaning!
At the risk of not having a spot next season, I would highly encourage you to book at The MarLane...you will not regret it!

Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Once again The Marlane didn't disappoint. Absolutely immaculate inside and out, Excellent location 1 block to the Boardwalk and convention center. Lisa and Chris run this place with their hearts and it shows. Coffee and tea are provided every morning as well as a toaster to use. We also cooked on the grill a couple of afternoons which saved us some money. Rooms ,pool and all of the grounds are spotless. If you are a young or rowdy group look elsewhere...if you are a mature group or family this is the only place to stay...pool closes early 7pm I believe and quiet times are in place (9pm to 9am)...Thank you again Marlane for another unforgettable family vacation.

Room Tip: all rooms are remodeled all have new bedding you cant be disappointed here
Milton, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our family has been coming to the Marlane Motel for several years. This is the only place we would stay in Wildwood. This is such a family orientated motel. The rooms are clean, the service is fantastic. The owners Chris and Lisa are fantastic people and they always treat you like family. They truly do go above and beyond for each guest and they both take much pride in running one of the finest motels in all of Wildwood. Everything is within a walking distance to the Marlane, the boardwalk, beach, a park, a pharmacy, and many restaurants. This motel truly does have everything anyone could possibly need for vacationing in the Wildwoods. Ranging from a heated pool, to an outdoor covered picnic area with two gas grills for use. I would highly recommend the Marlane to anyone that would like a peaceful vacation.

1 Thank lisa p
Olney, Maryland
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We loved our stay at the Marlane. It by far is the best property in Wildwood. It is very family oriented and it is very quiet at night. They enforce a quiet hour rule which I can appreciate because I have a young child. The Motel is two blocks from the Boardwalk and the convention center. They have BBQ grills out back and also picnic tables to have dinner on. Overall, I would definitely recommend this property to a family, with young children. We traveled all the way from Olney, MD and my wife and I have been coming here for over 12 years. The Motel Owners are extremely helpful and friendly.
Again, I would highly recommend this Motel to a friend.

Room Tip: Upper floor has a better view. We stayed in room 205 and it was perfect!
Lisa V, Manager at Marlane Motel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
It is always our pleasure to see your family and especially to see the little one growing up each year.