“Great visit”
Review of Marlane Motel

Marlane Motel
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just completed a four night stay and couldn't be happier with the MarLane Motel. Being two blocks from the beach, boardwalk and convention center, across the street from tennis courts and playground and one block from Rite Aid (for all the little things we forgot pack) made this the ideal location.

Lisa and Chris were helpful in telling about the town and suggesting where to eat. The maintenance and cleanliness was top notch. The heated pool was especially appreciated on the one day that was too windy to stay on the beach, without getting sandblasted.

The MarLane it is one of the best small motels we have ever stayed at. I will highly recommend this motel to all of our family and friends.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel is extremely clean and very well managed. However, I belive it to be more for couples without children than with children. The pool is small and has many many rules to follow. You basically, can only just stand in the pool. There is a sign that basically says you can't do anyting. I noticed on a few occasions that one of the owner's would walk by and shake her head at the kids in the pool if they were splashing. I thought that's what you do in a pool. The pool closed promptly at 7:00 pm nightly. It should remain open at least until 9:00 pm. When the weather is beautiful out, most want to stay in the pool. On another note, the refrigerators are very very small. There is basically no freezer to put anything in and the freezer door broke off. My refrigerator never really got that cold. The proximity of this hotel is perfect. It's near the beach within walking distance along with a diner and Rite-Aid.

4  Thank Susan W
Lisa V, Manager at Marlane Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for your comments that we are a clean and well managed place. We truly appreciate that acknowledgement.
As for your concerns, the pool does have a sign that basically asks guests to be courteous of each other. I believe this should be common sense. When I came out to the pool on one occasion during your stay, I had a plastic cup in hand looking for the person who inadvertently carried a glass beer bottle into the gated area as I saw on our security camera. I was going to offer them a cup, but by the time I got there, I couldn't find them, so I stood there a few minutes searching the area. But yes, I did take the time to tell some teenage boys that they shouldn't be throwing a hard ball around in the pool which at that time was very crowded. Also, we did keep the pool open until 8 or 8:30 each night of your stay, because the weather was so lovely after labor day, so I'm not sure why this was an issue.
As far as your refrigerator being small and not working properly, you rented a motel room which does have a convenience fridge. It is compact in size. I don't think I've stayed anywhere myself where that is not the standard for a basic motel room. If you had ever told me that you didn't feel it was working properly, I would have immediately taken care of it. Problems do happen, but isn't the hallmark of a good property shown in how well issues are addressed? You never brought this to our attention so I could not address it.
Overall, I did have the impression that you had a nice stay and I'm glad that you did. Our guests vacation experience is of utmost importance to us.
I am always amazed at how simple issues can escalate into something bigger on this site, but as always, we appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Since there are so many positive reviews for this property in general, I decided to focus on the breezeway apartment where we stayed. When researching a place to stay in Wildwood, where I hadn't been in probably 15 years, I chose the Marlane solely on the immensely positive reviews and the location near the end of the boardwalk. I couldn't find an abundance of information on the breezeway apt., so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was told up front that it was priced slightly lower due to the fact that there is NO view, which is correct for the bottom floor breezeway where we stayed. It's situated along the walkway to the back patio, so there is a lot of traffic during the lunch hours as people make use of the picnic tables and barbeques. However, at night, it did remain very quiet and we were able to utilize the patio area quite freely. The room itself was small, as I expect most rooms in Wildwood are. As a family of four, we often had a hard time finding a place to put our stuff, or to sit. The beds were so/so, advertised as queen, but certainly seemed a little smaller, maybe because it's pushed against the wall. The kitchenette comes equipped with enough stuff to make your meals, as we did, although you have to get grill tools from the office. The local grocery store was very expensive, but still better than paying for every meal in a restaurant. The pool was clean, the whole place orderly, family oriented and everything else all the other positive reviews state. No complaints at all in that regard. We utilized the available beach chairs and boogie boards the motel provides (first come first serve) and enjoyed the quiet of being a little away from the hustle and bustle of the main piers. There is a bike rack on the back patio where you can lock up your bikes, if you bring them. There is a clothes line on the back patio to hang wet towels, bathing suits, ect., although sometimes there was no room. The AC in the double rooms was inconsistent, the main room being freezing cold and the second room being too warm, regardless of how we tried to adjust the temps. Also, as one might expect from a beach motel, the room was always a bit on the damp side, nothing would dry and the bathroom was perpetually wet, even with AC running all the time. In conclusion, we preferred the breezeway room, as most of the time it was much more private than most of the other rooms. We enjoyed the extra nighttime use of the patio area since we were connected to that area and the other guests were not. If you want to spend *slightly* less money or are looking for a slightly more out of the way room, then the bottom floor breezeway is for you. If you enjoy overlooking the pool and parking lot, pick another room for sure.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms next to the pool entrance - LOUD, BUSY and CROWDED in the walkway area!
3  Thank ayla912
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I have been coming down to Wildwood for many years and have stayed in various motels but after staying this week at Marlane we will not be staying anywhere but there. What a great time - and the room was so clean. The owners (Lisa and Chris) were amazing - we will be coming back next year and can't wait.

Room Tip: This is the best motel in Wildwood
1  Thank CoraMc
Reviewed 2 September 2013

From the minute we checked in, we knew it was a motel that is well-run. Many small business owners could learn much from these owners & how to run a business to be proud of. It's clean and well-kept. They know their scene very well (as they should) and impart that information to their visitors, which made our stay smooth. The location is unmatched...it's a quick walk to all the places we wanted to go. You needn't use your car once you arrive. There's a playground and tennis courts across the street, the Boardwalk/beach is 2 short blocks away, close to many restaurants. Coffee is served in the morning & a fruit truck makes rounds during the course of the day. The one issue I had was the guests closest to our room were smokers. My daughter & I suffer from allergy induced asthma, so we had to walk quickly by them when they were smoking outside their rooms. We look forward to another stay at the Marlane after we recover from lack-a-moolah.

1  Thank eji358
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Marlane in the middle of August for 5 days. What a happy great experience. My husand and I and my son and his friend (11 years old) loved it too. Chris and Lisa and their mom Phyllis are incredible people. Everyone there was incredible and the room was comfortable and immaculate. Chris and Lisa take great pride. I loved seeing their smiling faces everyday and the coffee already made on the coffee bar every morning. We miss you guys including the maids. Promise, we will return over and over again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I must say that it was a pleasure meeting you as well. Although you were a first time guest, you fit right in with all the regulars! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Lisa & Chris are the best. This is a gem of a motel in Wildwood. They are always booked because loyal customers go back every year and are welcomed like family. The place is always updated and is so relaxing. I can't wait to go back next year!
Thanks for being the best!!