“CLEAN NICE MOTEL IN A GOOD LOCATION” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Canadian Motel

Royal Canadian Motel
Ranked #53 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
york
“CLEAN NICE MOTEL IN A GOOD LOCATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

staff cleaning all the time grills for cooking very clean plenty of towels staff very helpfull & nice
great location rooms very clean pool very nice short walk to boardwalk and rides we had
our two small grandkids with us and this location was great for us i would recomend this
motel to any one great for familys im sure you can find a cheaper motel but as they say
you get what you pay for and this one is worth the little extra money

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Carteret, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Like most of the other hotels in Wildwood, the Royal Canadian is a little outdated. But the rooms are clean and the location is great! The staff are family friendly and ready to assist in any way they can. The pool was sparkling clean and the pool area has lots of lounge chairs. There are a couple of grills and tables and chairs also. A small laundry area, ice machine and vending machines also near the pool area. Tuckers Irish Pub is directly across the street and offers delicious food at a great price. One block from boardwalk right in between 2 of the piers.

Room Tip: Rooms over the parking lot can get noisy - especially if a car alarm goes off! 2nd level rooms on e...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Carneys Point
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Made reservations for 4 poeple including myself my boyfriend and 2 kids..for a room that was made for 6 people. At the last minute my son (10 years old) decided he wanted to come too. When we go to the hotel to register they asked how many people i told them 3 kids/2 adults. I was told that i would be charged a extra 13$ for my son... so now after paying well over 250.00 for one night i was adding a addtional 13$ for my child to stay with us in a room fit for 6..So now I figure what ever it is $13.00, noit a huge deal just move on and have a good time.

We go up to our room to find it stuffy and hot..so we turned on the air opend the bedroom door so the air traveled into the front room. I go to turn on the TV .. it doesn't work. My boyfriend goes downstairs and asked twice over maybe 5 hours that they send someone up to fix it.. NOONE EVER SHOWS.. At this point Iam alittle annoyed. I go down to the office and again tell them the TV needs to be fixed and we need more towels.. please.. All I got was a OK then the ladies at the front desk went back to what they were doing as if i werent stanidng there.AGAIN no one shows up to fix the TV or bring more towels........They may seem like little issues to some but for what I paid for one night i expected better service. I will never stay here again nor will i recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: I would not rent any room here again !
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank 701dawnp701

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We were looking for a last minute long weekend stay and found this place after looking at many sold-outs. I was happy to see on their web site they have updated all rooms in 2012-so I always like that and it is 1 block from boardwalk. The web site also has diagrams of the rooms. We were 2 adults and two sons, 20 and 17-so the 2 bedroom suite was great for us. Some reviews are negative-mostly due to what I read as not knowing what Wildwood is all about. Most of the lodging places are family-owned, independant so you won't find big name chains here. Most places are circa: 1950-1970, that is the charm of the place. No granite bathrooms or luxury bathrobes. If you have a group going together this place has several floors, some with larger balconies with tables if you like to picnic or party. You can smoke outside of your room, nice if you like a cigar at the end of a sunny day. Leave the back room door open to keep room cool, The rooms are not huge,but very clean, nice service.Come to Wildwood and support the small businesses there.

Room Tip: Close to boardwalk & beach with parking.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 101Maryt101
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just got home last night, family of 6, four day weekend, Very clean room, pool and grilling area, staff totally awesome, pool with kiddie pool attached was great, no problems at all perfect , you can walk so many places, will recommend and go back, we were right in front of pool first floor , easy access

1 Thank Lisa T
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I am a business traveler and spend a lot of time in up scale Marriott's. If this is what you are use to, then you will probably not be happy with these accommodations. The room we were assigned reminded me of the late 1970's. The bathroom is small the the air conditioner is a potable unit in the wall. Our room did not smell particularly fresh upon our arrival, but I brought it to the attention of the staff and they fixed it. The remote to the TV did work and they fixed it. I was happy to see they scrubbed the pool and the grills daily. It has a convenient location to the boardwalk and restaurants. I would recommend this place to "groups" because if it was just my family in a small room, I would probably have had a different experience. We spent a good amount of time hanging out in the "common" areas of the motel. If you can get past the fact it is not a luxury resort, then it is fine.

2 Thank JennE1101
Galloway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was here twice in the past 2 months and it was clean and the people were friendly, i would definately recommend it to a friend.I had alot of fun there and i will be going back.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends