“Rude and questionable business practices”
Review of Brittany Motel

Brittany Motel
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Media, Pennsylvania
“Rude and questionable business practices”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Tried to make a reservation here for myself, my two children and another mom along with her two children. Wanted to show them how great Wildwood is as they have never been there. Only able to get away for one night, we all work, etc. Called this place who said they could accommodate us in a large unit for $227 including the taxes and upcharges for extra persons, even though all of the children were under 12, but whatever. Well, upon checking their website after I hung up, I saw the room we were being booked in was advertised for $170? So, even with the applicable extra charges, the total should have come to $212. I know its a small difference, but give me a break! Thanks but no thanks. When I called to inquire about the difference I was told, "We don't do one night so I charged you more, do you want the room or not?". No, I DO NOT want the room. Maybe you should be up front when discussing the rate over the phone? The Brittany Motel website mentions NOTHING about this policy! I Thought Wildwood is supposed to be FAMILY FRIENDLY!!! Maybe this place needs to get that memo!!! There are too many other possible places to stay to put up with this.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank soapbox73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I spent my Memorial Day weekend here at the Brittany and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The company next door was very very friendly and we had some very great company every evening. The pool was very clean and the environment was very relaxed. The fridge and stove worked great and we cooked every night. The managers were also excellent and accommodated us very well with everything we needed.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Luis G
Philadelphia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The lady at the front desk couldn't be any more rude!!! The beds were so old and uncomfortable. Nothing would stay plugged into the outlets. Parking sucked. Couch in living room smelled like urine. The rugs in living room were filthy. The door only had a lock on the knob, no other locks and there was a big gap between door and frame. We asked the staff not to enter our room until the end of our stay but someone was in there when we weren't. The continental breakfast was coffee and a piece of cake. Will not be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vookie
Brick, NJ
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went to wildwood for a long weekend in July. The location is great one block from boardwalk. The motel was older than I expected. Dosent look like it has ever been updated. It was very very clean though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KC_EC81
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been staying at the Brittany Motel since I was 6 years old. This is where I learned to swim for the very first time. The Brittany has by far the best pool and the best service in Wildwood! Everytime I go, it feels like a home away from home. Another perk is that the motel is in a great location, only minutes to the center of the boardwalk and all the attractions.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the boardwalk with a balcony...the view is amazing especially at night :)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
philly
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been coming to the Brittany Motel for 12 years now and they never disappoint me. The Hanna Family really knows how to keep families coming back and know that me and my family will continue to go back every year!! They are family friendly people and a family friendly hotel!! I recommend this hotel to all my friends because I know they will love staying there. Thanks for another great year Sophia, John, Tony and Theresa!!!! See you next summer

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kremolde
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The service was excellent. There was only one tv in our room.we had the room with the two double beds and a seperate room with a pull out couch and the balcony facing the amusement park and beach.very clean. Pool water was very cold but clean.I would stay here again.the muffin coffee and oj breakfast was good.the staff allowed us to keep our car parked at the motel even after we checked out.

• Stayed August 2013