“FAMILY FRIENDLY MUST STAY!!”
Review of SeaGull Motel

SeaGull Motel
Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“FAMILY FRIENDLY MUST STAY!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Our Family comes down to Wildwood and stays for a week every single year in the Apartments and every year is Fabulous! The Location is great also! It is DEFINITELY a FAMILY FRIENDLY Hotel!!!! This was the first year we had trouble with other guests around us. We spoke with Ginnie and she was awesome and was very apologetic (Even thought it is not her fault). With that being said, I think it's pretty much common sense that anytime you go on vacation that EVERY hotel has "Quit Hours", so I'm not sure why people who cause these issues are surprised. There's no reason to have your kids up at 2am Jumping around like animals. Overall Management is Amazing, Rooms are Great, Location is Great and the Price is Right!! I wouldn't let ONE bad night ruin our stay! And management fixed that!!! IF YOUR LOOKING FOR family friendly hotel 1/2 block away from the boardwalk....LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Thank You Everyone at the Seagull for a Great Stay!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I liked this "motel" a lot!! It was in the perfect location, and was kept very clean. You get a lot for your money here. I would deff come back here.! For wildwood it was also very affordable. The service was also very nice and the staff was friendly.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stood here with a few kids, kids were making running around in room. Had police called on me for no reason (which constituted me and cops laughing at ridiculous complaint) and had management treat us like criminals after that. This constituted being woken up early in the morning, being asked accusatory unnecessary questions with attitude, a late phone call when I got back to the room the next day (being treated like a child) and given attitude again on my last day after I spoke to management again. Again everyone please be advised this is not a family friendly hotel!

4 Thank Miguel2014
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Miguel 2014, my intent as the manager here is to create peaceful coexistence between all the lovely families staying at our beach side motel. It is not easy and I apologize if you felt insulted. You were staying in one of our recently renovated 3 room apartments (new flooring, furniture, kitchen w/ convection oven, 3 flat screen TV's and central air) on the second floor. You stated that returning from the boardwalk at 2 am you invited another family to join you and to sleep over. This greatly disturbed the guests beneath you. The noise continued for so long that they decided to call the police rather than wake me. In the morning after I was alerted to the situation, I knocked on your door to ask you your side of the story. Asking to verify who is in a room after the police has been notified is a security measure and is obligatory and responsible. I maintain that the Sea Gull Motel does have a superior family atmosphere and respect of others is of utmost importance to our mission to create a beautiful vacation experience.
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying at the sea gull, I recommend it! We stayed in room 412, it was the perfect amount of space for my boyfriend and I. We had our own kitchen area with a table that sat 6, stove, microwave, sink, fridge, and plenty of utensils to cook and prepare food.

The bedroom was next to the bathroom with a standup shower. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. We had one double bed, a dresser & a nice size closet with hangers.

Outside of our room was a table with chairs on the balcony. We were one block away from the beach in Wildwood Crest.

The front desk was very polite & helpful. We arrived late Friday night about 10pm which wasn't an issue, & paid an extra $20 for late check out on Sunday at 6pm instead of 10am. Which was perfect for an extra beach day!

I will definitely stay here again, it is one of my new favorite places in the Crest. Well worth the money you spend.

1 Thank Snow_226
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My friend and I booked this motel for Memorial Day Weekend based on all the positive reviews on this site, and I can honestly say the people on here must have stayed at a different property. For three nights there was constant noise from other guests--children running back and forth outside, screaming at the pool, guests yelling back and forth to each other, loud music...it was endless. It was like none of the other people staying there knew or cared that anyone else was staying there, or that they might be sleeping at 7am. The wifi that was advertised on their site never worked properly, even after we mentioned it to management and assured it was fixed. On top of all that, the room smelled of wet carpet for the entire three days. With all of the properties in Wildwood, and with what we paid, there has to be better places to stay. I will never stay here again, nor will I ever recommend it to anyone else I know.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MVer316
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear MVer 316,
I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay Memorial Day weekend. I know you booked with us because you found the reviews to be positive. I assure you that we try very hard to make every guest happy. We specifically avoid renting to groups of young people. We cater to families with children and couples over 21 (one couple per room) to avoid a "Jersey Shore” atmosphere. We also monitor the property throughout the night for any suspicious activity. My cell number is prominently displayed for anyone that would need assistance.
After looking at our site plan, you requested the last room on the first floor. That room is in a heavily traveled walkway area and may be noisy.
15 rooms have new carpeting this year. The carpets that were not replaced were just shampooed last week. We put a dehumidifier in the room you were in again to get it bone dry for the next guest. Thank you for that information.
When you reported that one of our 3 Wi-Fi receivers was not working, we called our technician immediately. I'm sorry you were not able to connect in your room although you could connect in front of your unit. We have made several checks on the Wi-Fi since your visit and all is working properly. Thank you for keeping us on top of this situation.
Although we are an older property, we pride ourselves on our maintenance and upkeep. We also keep our prices moderate to be affordable for families. The 3 night weekend was $315 + tax with a 4th night for $20! I hope that you return to Wildwood again and that you have a better experience the next time you are here.
Hopewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed at the Sea Gull for one night just to get away. Ginny and her daughter couldn't be nicer and more welcoming. The motel is very clean and had new carpeting and linoleum in my room. The decor was simple and I liked the shells hanging on the curtain! Ginny mentioned that she had put in new curtains in the rooms so that it would be darker while you slept. It was definitely darker than my apartment! The room had a refrigerator in it which was great too. There were outside showers and a restroom for use after I checked out too. The motel is one block from the beach and my room, #315, had a view of the ocean.

She also gave me great restaurant recommendations (Beach Creek, Little Italy, Surfside West Diner).

I would definitely stay there again and you should too.

Room Tip: Rooms #317-#314 have an ocean view. Stay in the short side of the "L" shaped hotel if you...