“Not the best ”
Review of SeaGull Motel

SeaGull Motel
Ranked #3 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. I'll start from my phone call with whoever was in the office to book a room. I told her I needed a room for three adults and she told me that someone had cancelled and allowed me to book a room. I gave her my credit card Info. A while after she calls me back and tells me that she's charging me an extra $15 per night because the rooms are based on two adults two children, but I had specifically notified her that there will be three adults, I wasn't going to get anything extra. I wouldn't have minded if she stated that from our first phone call but what she said after pissed me off, "do you want to cancel and ill refund your money back because I can get more money for that room and that's better for me". Who says that to a customer and when asked for the manager turns out she was the manager. What a terrible manager. I wouldn't mind her charging me the extra $15 from before but that fact that she called me back to change the price was unprofessional and disgusting. Now when we finally arrived with a new and fresh start, leaving the past behind, I go in the office and the girl checking me in had no facial expressions and had an attitude like I don't want to be here. I went in another day to ask about parking and a different lady was helping me and she was sweet. Check out, the guy was nice. So it depends who you deal with. The good thing though is they let us check in about two hour early which was nice of them. We had a mishap with the room stewards, the first day we kept waiting for her to come but she never did, yet she checked off that she came and cleaned the room, the office was very nice about this, apologized, and gave us what we needed. The second day the room steward came, knocking insanely at the door and when we opened we told her someone was in the shower but she can clean the rest of the room, she said "no I come to clean the whole room, I'll come back later", she never came back and a nice man came later to clean as we were headed out, he told us to take our time and when we came back he had cleaned our room but left the door lock unlocked which was probably an honest mistake but a mistake that could have caused us serious damage if we left anything important inside the rooms. We didn't want to get him in trouble because he was very nice so we decided to keep our mouths shut. The people upstairs were maniacs, nonstop running and jumping all morning and night long waking us up several times. Little did we know that they had guests who weren't supposed to be there. We don't like to complain and just wanted to remain peaceful without bothering anyone but they were worth complaining about. One of the best yet worse things is that the pool closes 6 because the kids scream all day non stop and having a room right in front of the pool sucks. Usually if people are in the pool they won't kick you out until maybe an hour later.

Stayed: July 2014
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review of the Sea Gull Motel. I’m sorry that you did like the way the booking was handled. I apologize. You booked your room on July 1st for July 2nd. Not to make excuses but the office was crazy! The phone calls had been intense for the past week with everyone in the office picking up a call saying “I’m sorry no vacancies for the weekend” and hanging up to take the next call. . We got a last minute cancellation and the clerk that handled your phone call made an unfortunate mistake by not adding the extra person charge. The rates in the motel unit type “A” are based on 2 adults and up to 2 children. An extra adult in a room is $15 per night. In all the confusion with the phone ringing off the hook you were misquoted. I called you right back to explain the error and you were upset but I was sure you would understand considering the circumstances. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I’m glad you did like a few of the employees because we really are all very nice  I’m glad you were able to check in a bit early. The head housekeeper is doing such a great job checking the rooms and making sure everything is ready for check in and still getting you in before 3pm. She’s amazing! I’m sorry you had problems with the maid service. I think that you had a noise issue with the people in the room above you. I am sorry about that. If you have a noise complaint, I will always try and rectify it or move your room if possible even though 4th of July weekend is always a time when families gather together and talk and have fun. The pool closes at 7pm. We would like to keep it open longer but it needs time for the chemicals to work their magic and make the pool sparkling for the next day. I do hope the rest of your summer is wonderful!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

First lets talk Pros, excellent location at the end of the Boardwalk on the border of Wildwood and Wildwood Crest. One block from the beach and the Tram car. Value for the money can't be beat. Cleanliness excellent and Staff very attentive.
Cons: I really haven't decided if this is a negative or not. We were there Sun-Sun. The first four days was pretty quiet then on Thursday Dolly's Polkaholics showed up. The manager warned us they can be loud but we really didn't realize how much they can party. We have been calling it Senior week for the over 65 crowd. On one hand they throw a great party all day and all night. I would avoid this hotel during that week unless your looking for a party. Also the water in the main building was brown. I didn't notice this in the annex building. We were drinking bottled water anyways so it really didn't matter. Overall we had a great vacation and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My best friend and I had an amazing time! The sea gull motel is in the perfect location, it's right next to the beach and the board walk. I could even see the beach from my room! The room was very clean and the staff were amazing!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Steph33333
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My Family and I have been staying here every year on Memorial Day weekend for the past few years and the folks here have always been nice since day one which is why we stay here and continue to stay here year after year, the first year we rented two rooms now we are up to five and we are already planning our trip for next year. Shouts outs to Cali and Ashley and also to Nicole they always make us feel welcome. Great Price, Great location

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We decided to drive to Wildwoods on Memorial day weekend without making any reservations. While looking for hotel (and constantly checking TripAdvisor) the deal for this hotel popped up. The price you can't beat and location is a block away from boardwalk. (amazing) Room is very clean but we had a very tight room. Two double beds, microwave and small fridge, a tv. Front desk was very nice. We needed blankets we got, we wanted to keep our car a little longer on a parking lot so we can go to the beach no problem. Overall we are very happy with this place. Planing to come back in July.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank newyorkolenka
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We really liked this hotel! Our room was clean, the staff were very friendly, and it was very close to the boardwalk. Even though we rented off season, we were still impressed with the price since it was so close to the boardwalk and beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Musicgirl515
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Clean rooms, friendly staff. Affordable.

Had a great time will definitely stay again. Close to beach, shopping and dining. The bed and linens were so comfortable. Quiet and family oriented. Competitive pricing can not be beat.

• Stayed: May 2014