“Little Gem Just Off The Boardwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lu Fran Motel

Lu Fran Motel
Ranked #18 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Washingtonville, New York
“Little Gem Just Off The Boardwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Wildwood, and after checking out multiple places i'm very glad we choose the Lu Fran Motel. They always say "Location, Location, Location!" and with that in mind the Lu Fran is perfectly located steps off the boardwalk and the beach. You have the restaurants within walking distance as well as many different local attractions. Our room was very clean, had the perfect "beach motel" feel. The staff was SUPER friendly, very accommodating - allowed us to check in early as well as check out late, which was great for us since we were only an overnight trip. I personally would recommend this Motel to anyone looking for the perfect beach place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kamerkani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the Lu Fran I was amazed by how friendly the owner Ralph was. He was so accommodating and welcoming. I was ready for a weekend away but the set up where we checked in should have been a tip off. There were piles of boxes everywhere with flyers all over the place. No matter how friendly the owner was nothing could save this place with the way the rooms are maintained. When I walked into the room I was immediately hit with a smell that took days after I returned home to get off my bags. When I went to turn down the first bed I found the pillow cases stained with dark black smears and found several hairs on the sheets. Not wanting to have to ask for sheets just yet I went to look at the other bed and to my surprise found even more stains and hairs than on the first bed. The drawers were filthy with what looked like food crumbs and the dresser was broken. I also couldn't change anywhere for fear that anyone out on the street could see me because all of the blinds were broken or falling apart. I saw other reviewers said something about bugs I'm thankful I didn't see any of those but I wouldn't be surprised. We toughed out the night because we had already paid a hefty price but I can tell you it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I don't know if the other reviewers just don't mind being dirty but if you in any way value a normal state of cleanliness this is not the place for you. Save your money and go somewhere that at least attempts to be clean. Also, all of the pictures on here are NOT what the rooms look like...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 941Sam
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The motel was way better than I expected. from the service to the rooms everything was very well setup. And not to mention that the owner is a very nice guy. if you're looking for a great place to stay, this is your place. I highly recommend it.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We have a great weekend the owner is very nice he give us a great service. The room was clean the kitchen and bathroom too. The price is low if you looking for a great place to stay for a cheap prices this is the one. I personally recommend this motel. Att glennis

2 Thank Glennis E
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute trip and got a nice rate for 2 nights. Perfect location! It is right off the south end of the boardwalk and a simple walk to the beach, just cross the road and you are there! The hotel was clean, and the pool was excellent! The owner was very nice and very helpful. The actual hotel is nothing fancy, but a perfect home base to explore the beach, boardwalk and surrounding area in Wildwood!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jason C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with a party of 15 staying in 3 rooms and still had plenty of space. It was a very busy weekend and they accommodated us very well. A++++ service. Would go back anyday. Good view, very close to the beach. Very nice pool. Clean and sanitary bathrooms. Kitchen had a lot of necessities. I recommend you stay

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Erik D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have never had such a great experience at any hotel or motel I have ever seen that before.the owner Ralph will do anything and everything to make you feel at home and you treats you like part of his own family. This is where we will come whenever we come back to Wildwood beach

2 Thank ladycuffspms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#16 of 76 in Wildwood
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#4 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Lu Fran Motel? Share your experiences!