Lu Fran Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Blue Palms(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$52
Aquarius Motor Inn(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$112
US$86
US$97
US$99
Skylark Resort Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$57
The Sand Box Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
Le Voyageur Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$83
Sea-N-Sun Resort Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
US$142
All reviewsthe ownerbig balconyacross the streetclean kitchenocean viewrooms are nicebike weekawesome vacationconvention centerlate checkwild woodfamily vacationgreat place to staygreat poolboard walknext yearvisit wildwood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It's a horrible experience even for someone used to doing budget motels etc.
The structure itself is a carbon copy of every other motel in Wild wood; but it is dingy, dilapidated, and there is a horrible moldy smell everywhere. We were trying to find a place that looked worse and we honestly couldn't find it.
The rooms were ugly, outdated; and not in a cool retro way either; in the I could really care less, and let me do the minimum kind of way. The comforters were dusty, beds lumpy, but the sheets were clean. Although bedbugs is a word that immediately pops into your head; we didn't find any.
The service is by far worse than the structure; no towels in the room when we got there and it takes at least 20 minutes to flag down the super chipper, but completely inefficient manager. Every. Single. Time.
he Fridge would not plug in to the wall. but after another long search for the manager that was taken care of.
The kitchen is dingy and I would not feel comfortable touching anything, but the fridge was clean enough to hold the beers and it did a great job at keeping them cold. All the other surfaces were scary, especially the tub with the 99 cent store don't-fall-stickers that were brown around the edges.
The ice machine was broken but they did buy ice elsewhere at the beginning of the weekend and you could scoop it out. It was open and all manner of crap fell into it; bags, leaves, etc; there was no more ice by sat. afternoon and no refills came. This icebox was in the middle of the guest area hallway loitered with dead air conditioners and all other sort of crap which reminded me of old southern front yard stereotypes; I was waiting to see the pick up truck on cinder blocks. The growing pool of water due to the melting ice rivaled the one to bathe in.

The manager did not want to take our credit card and made us go to the ATM for cash, not just us; every guest that stayed. And he wanted us to park in the street instead of the hotel lot, to take up the street spaces around the hotel and leave the hotel spaces for later arriving guests. He also kept going into our rooms when we were not there to turn off the air conditioner because they do not want you to leave the AC on when you are not in the room. In the summer. By the beach. Walking in without supervision.
The place has wi-fi, but the signal doesn't go up to most rooms in the second floor.

He did let us check in earlier and kept insisting (and insisting) we could check out later for free. The beach was super close and really wonderful, but the boardwalk STARTS there, so you have to walk quite a bit before the attractions and shop really start.

We loved Wild wood, but we felt extremely swindled by the motel. I have stayed at $50.00 motels with more cleanliness and luxuries than this $200.00 one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tania B
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Wildwood, and after checking out multiple places i'm very glad we choose the Lu Fran Motel. They always say "Location, Location, Location!" and with that in mind the Lu Fran is perfectly located steps off the boardwalk and the beach. You have the restaurants within walking distance as well as many different local attractions. Our room was very clean, had the perfect "beach motel" feel. The staff was SUPER friendly, very accommodating - allowed us to check in early as well as check out late, which was great for us since we were only an overnight trip. I personally would recommend this Motel to anyone looking for the perfect beach place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kamerkani
Reviewed 11 July 2014

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the Lu Fran I was amazed by how friendly the owner Ralph was. He was so accommodating and welcoming. I was ready for a weekend away but the set up where we checked in should have been a tip off. There were piles of boxes everywhere with flyers all over the place. No matter how friendly the owner was nothing could save this place with the way the rooms are maintained. When I walked into the room I was immediately hit with a smell that took days after I returned home to get off my bags. When I went to turn down the first bed I found the pillow cases stained with dark black smears and found several hairs on the sheets. Not wanting to have to ask for sheets just yet I went to look at the other bed and to my surprise found even more stains and hairs than on the first bed. The drawers were filthy with what looked like food crumbs and the dresser was broken. I also couldn't change anywhere for fear that anyone out on the street could see me because all of the blinds were broken or falling apart. I saw other reviewers said something about bugs I'm thankful I didn't see any of those but I wouldn't be surprised. We toughed out the night because we had already paid a hefty price but I can tell you it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I don't know if the other reviewers just don't mind being dirty but if you in any way value a normal state of cleanliness this is not the place for you. Save your money and go somewhere that at least attempts to be clean. Also, all of the pictures on here are NOT what the rooms look like...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 941Sam
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The motel was way better than I expected. from the service to the rooms everything was very well setup. And not to mention that the owner is a very nice guy. if you're looking for a great place to stay, this is your place. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We have a great weekend the owner is very nice he give us a great service. The room was clean the kitchen and bathroom too. The price is low if you looking for a great place to stay for a cheap prices this is the one. I personally recommend this motel. Att glennis

• Stayed: July 2014