“ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING”
Review of Bonito Motel

Bonito Motel
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 15 August 2012

THIS PLACE IS HELL ON EARTH. They stuck us in a room with a broken sofa bed (torn at the bottom), nasty dust EVERYWHERE, sticky residue on all of the drawers, disgusting stained towels, a stained and sticky table, and it was just overall unsanitary. We quickly complained and they stuck us in a room that was barely any better. Plus it had ANTS. Gross. This motel was so bad that we cut our trip short and checked out a day before we were supposed to. We told the owners that our room had completely unlivable conditions and we received no apology. The woman who is in charge with red hair was completely unprofessional, smoking cigarettes in front of customers and handing out stained towels. Many health codes must have been violated here. This place is complete white trash and I have NO clue how it is still in business. I'd rather sleep in a cardboard box infested with aids. NO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Emma S
There are newer reviews for Bonito Motel

Reviewed 6 August 2012

DO NOT IGNORE THESE REVIEWS! Im seriously writing as someone who ignored the reviews and hoped for the best! I am a college student looking to have fun with friends down the shore & bonito seemed like the best fit for us because we were 1. on a budget 2. under 21 or what ever the standard age seems to be to get a place down in wildwood! Not only were the rooms disgusting, they smelled all weekend, the bathroom was like a breeding ground for mold, as was the rooms in general. ON TOP OF THAT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE. You have to give in a security deposit. The hotel will accuse you of breaking things that were already destroyed in order to scam you out of your money. We had to get the police involved as well as calling the Health Dept. of Cape May County because this place shoul not even be operational, honestly. According to the local cops things like this happen so frequently it is ridiculous! The manager was not on site, he did not care at all and refused to return our money and opted to continue the scam. We will be handling this in a civil suit if they refuse to act correctly! It is not about the money at this point it is about the principle. No one should be duped like that by a piece-of-crap motel...EVER. WE WERE TREATED HORRIBLY. We did not receive any respect although we were giving this place a lot more money than it was worth.probably because of our ages as young college students, however...I DO NOT RECOMMEND! If you MUST stay here take pictures of the room ahead of time...In addition, to doubly guard yourself from the impending scam TRY to inspect the room and report ALL damages ahead of time (AS THERE WILL BE MANY)..after charging us our deposit, the staff/manager would not let us take pictures of the supposed damage to defend ourselves! out of control. WORST WORST WORST

Room Tip: room 7 has a broken drawer in the fridge. dont let them tell you that you broke it after the fact! L...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mir777
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Example: King size bed( Bottom sheet consists of two twin sheets laid side by side--Top sheet consists of one twin sheet laid withwise across the bed so when you get under the top sheet, it only comes up to your hips) The curtains aren't completly fastened on the rod so we had to fix it ourselves.. No maid service. Have to use the same towels and wash cloths for your entire stay. only one small light and the room is only about three feet wider than the room. The bathroom is another can of worms. So small only one person can fit at one time...NEVER AGAIN...Worst Motel we ever stayed at. In fact, we cut our stay short...

Room Tip: Don't look at price
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank santana17901
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Worse place I have seen. Our original booking was with Binns but we were given a room at Bonito Motel and we could not stay because of how filthy and disgusting this place is. Window to the room was broken, and the window was next to the only airconditioner situated in the living area of a 1 bedroom suite (if you can even call it a suite). Once inside there was bugs in our dining table, carpet smelled like urine, the chairs were the color of dirt that is how nasty they looked. Stove and oven was dirty and not even touchable. Bathroom toilet and sink dirty, tub had dead bugs inside, the ceramic towel holder was broken and never fixed, and can actually hurt someone. The bedroom same thing nasty mattress, dirty carpet, no air conditioner. Went to front desk to ask for a room change, and they refused, asked for a manager he was not there, and they did not have a phone number for him. Refused to refund us and even told us to keep door open in the bedroom if we were hot, so just imagine the type of customer service. Sadly only posting two picture sbecause we didn't think to take pictures until after they had the key and we could not get back in.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AnggsA
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I just stayed saturday night at this motel & rented (2)6 people rooms paid $450.00 Prettey much what it cost everywhere else but was the first motel I was able to find that had these 2 rooms availabe for saturday night. Ok so one when you drive up it looks horrible & the sign lighting doesn't even work. But when I walked to its brother motel the Binns to pick up keys the girl looked friendly & the lobby looked really nice so I decided maybe it was worth a chance. When I walked into my rooms
1. the carpet was stained & starting to rip up
2. the stove was filled with grease & all black so needless to say had to spend unnecessary amount of money on food for breakfast lunch & dinner for 2 days. ( we usually cook breakfast & lunch)
3. the bathroom sink was yellow with rust.
4. the sofa was all torn up & unable to be used as a sofa bed!
5. the sofa & blankets reeked of urine!
6. The pools were dirty...1 green & 1 was filled with sticks, grass & dirt.
7. Now I am ghetto girl & not afraid to say it but i also have class & now how to act.This place was filled with hoodlums! I'm talking about trashy kids & adults!! Drunks not watching there kids, people complaining about kids stealing other kids things, after pool hours jumping in the pool from the second floor deck! Smoking weed......
8. Ant infested & lord knows if anything else..but everytime i turned around there was an ant on me!
9. Needless to say the manager is never anywhere around to recieve a complaint & to cancel you have to pay them $80!!!! OMG I told my husband lets just be out all night come home have a drink & pass out wake up early & be out of here! That's exactly what we did! Please dont rent from this place it is disgusting unless you want to have a drunken party with a bunch of weed lovers in a dirty place! This place should be condemned!

Room Tip: No good rooms here
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Rebecca F
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This motel was the most disgusting place I have ever been to. There was no parking (except for a random parking lot 2 blocks away) , too much teenage partying go on, and no one was ever at the front desk. My car got vandelized by some teenagers who were partying too much and peed all over my car. When I told the front desk they didnt care. They owed me $$ when I checked out and of course there was no one at the front desk to give me change. I will never stay at this disgusting place again. I do not recommend this to anyone.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank laura v
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Nasty place to stay. Got what I paid for!! Smelled like mold as soon as walked in showed them it. Changed rooms. Not much better sheets had stains on it. Spills on the floor. Dirty!!!Noticed the "maid" but never did they come to clean the room. Seen her clean another after people left didnt change the sheets. Nasty!! Oh and policy you don't get your money back if you choose not to stay. Wish I could post pic on here!

• Stayed: July 2012