“Hell NO !!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #12 of 17 Wildwood B&B and Inns
Norristown
“Hell NO !!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for 4 days in July 2014, there were ants in the room. There were 6 of us & they gave us 2 washcloths & towels & didn't want to give us more even though our reservations clearly were for 6. I finally got 6 sets. The icing on the cake was they accidentally charged my credit card for someone else's damages to their room. They agreed to reimburse me but refused to pay the fees I was charged for the overdrawl on my account. Their mistake took all my money & I was returning to P.A. The next day & the credit didn't come to my account till 2 days after I got home . Our last night there we couldn't do ANYTHING!!! I asked to speak to the manager who completely avoided me . NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank PAhome2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Never book your stay at this hotel. The service is horrible, everyone is incredibly rude, they completely ran out of toilet paper for the whole hotel. And on top of that. They evicted my room due to someone else jumping off the second floor and stating that they stayed in the room I was in. All of our stuff was thrown in a plastic bag and put in a corner behind the front desk. Absolutely ridiculous. DO NOT BOOK HERE.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank bob654123

Travellers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you are looking for a decent place to stay, this is NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU! The second I walked into the lobby, I saw a used condom on the floor and when I told the lady at the front desk she just laughed and responded that it had been a very busy. loud night. The lobby also reeked of cigarette smoke and there were cigarette butts all over the carpet. I asked to see a room before paying for it and she said she wouldn't be able to do that. I asked to speak to the manager because I wanted a refund on my deposit as there was no way I was going to actually stay there and she told me she was not able to refund the deposit or give out her manager's information. After much hassle, I eventually did find the manager and was refunded my deposit but it was an overall horrible experience.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here! Disgusting!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank kris p
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As soon as you enter the hotel, the smell of urine, vomit, and mildew will overwhelm you. You will also step over a wide variety of used condoms on the way to your hotel room, there are no shower heads but instead a pipe sticking out of the wall. the toliets in out room didn't work along with all of the light bulbs and television. There was also a hall way filled with everyones garbage which brought many bugs with it. If you like sleeping in trash cans then stay here.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank djt597
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 October 2013

To start off.. it was a last minute booking on the drive to wildwood.... i panicked when i called expedia.com and booking.com as well as several hotels directly and was told everything was booked for the weekend in wildwood, nj. So when i went on hotels.com and Binns motor motel popped up as the only hotel with vacancy i was desperate and called hotels.com to reserve the room which was suppose to be a double bed with a sofa sleeper, kitchen, etc for $175 a night... i got there and immediately knew i wasn't going to like it, i asked a guest in the parking lot how were the rooms and was told you get what you paid for and i asked well how much did you pay... $130/nt..?!! i knew immediately i overpaid for a crappy hotel... well the saga continues when i get there to check in i was told they didn't have the room i had just reserved but they had something else well it was two twin size beds awkwardly placed in a disgusting dirty room.

It had to be a joke but i asked about the "updated modern building" i overheard a guest mention. Needlessly to say it was barely better and they wanted $25 more cause it was renovated! are you kidding me.. i asked if i could get the same rate since i already overpaid and not to mention the manager Alan wanted me to pay cash... haha... what a crook...

i called hotels.com to cancel after which i also spoke to Alan to cancel the reservation. At first he tried to play dumb like how do you know we dont have what you reserved.. doh i was just there but then agreed its cancelled due to the fact they didn't have the room i booked.

Well a few days later guess what!.... they charge my cc the full amount of my stay when he agreed it was cancelled so now i have to dispute the charge but they refuse to refund me due to a 14 day cancellation policy. So let me recap you make a reservation show up the day of check in they don't have what you originally reserved so either you take whatever they offer you or they led you to think it's cancelled it then you get charged the full amount!

So in conclusion, no matter how desperate you get... don't do it! There is a is a reason they have a 1 star rating.... im sure it could be no stars if that was a rating...

Room Tip: don't stay there period... its dirty and disgusting! they trick ppl with a 14 day cancellation...
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anonymous T
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We just spent 8/30-9/2/13 at the Binns/Bonito Motor Inn. This place was disgusting. I am a low-maintenance mom and don't mind camping and roughing it a bit. I didn't expect the motel to be 5-star. I assumed that it would be older and maybe have outdated furnishings and figured that it wasn't like we were living there. I did, however, expect it to be clean. My intentions were to have a family weekend at a place where we could park and walk everywhere and save money by being able to cook some of our own meals instead of eating every meal out. In that respect, I guess we got what we were looking for, although I'm fairly certain that the facilities would have been cleaner at a campground even if we would have had to drive everywhere. We wanted a place for 6 people (my hubby, our 2 kids, & another couple) that had a kitchen.

A member of our party happens to be an insurance adjuster and after getting to see & inspect 2 rooms first-hand said that there is no way this place is up to code.

Our first warning besides the prices should have been the signs over the front desk, "Payment in full at check-in." and "No Refunds". Our party arrived at 3:30pm along with 3 other families to check-in and were told that check-in was at 4pm, then the girl went outside and closed the door behind her. Apparently, she was taking her break. We had called ahead of time to ask if there was early check-in and were told that as long as our room was ready it wouldn't be a problem and that even if it wasn't, we could park there, use their pool and facilities or go to the boardwalk if we liked. So we went for an early dinner and came back at 5-5:30pm. We asked for a 2nd room key and were told that we would have to come back later for it.

Our first room was dirty. The beds were unmade. The tub was full of water. There were dirty towels on the sink. There was toilet paper on the bathroom floor. The kitchen had a ratty pull-out sofa in it, BLACK MOLD (not white or green; it was BLACK) on the curtains and near the window. The entire unit smelled of mold and mildew. We went immediately back to the office, told them, and requested a different room.

They put us in a new room right next to the first one. You could smell the mold & mildew in this room as well & it was STRONG. This one had holes in the walls (at least 4 including the 2nd bathroom where one side of the towel rack was ripped out). The paneling which appeared to be thin plywood painted white, was buckeling in places and so thin and brittle it could easily be pulled out. The stove had burn marks and only 2 burners worked. The room did not have pots, pans, or cooking utensils. When we asked the office for some, they ones they handed to us were dirty and caked with grease. One side of the kitchen sink drained directly onto the floor under the sink. Most of the cabinet doors did not close. The window above the sink was made of louvre pains that you crank to open only they were all caulked shut with clear caulk so they couldn't be opened. The 1st bathroom was so small that you had to sit sideways on the toilet (even me & I'm 5'2"). The shower knob in this same bathroom was broken. The only way to turn it on was with a pliers which was not supplied. Luckily, there was a 2nd bathroom which you could see daylight coming from behind the knob to turn the shower on. The beds were bowed in the middle, but we expected that. The pull-out sofa was dirty and had springs that were detached and missing around the frame. The carpet looked like it had never been replaced or cleaned after Hurricane Sandy and was left to molder as Sandy left it.

There were 2 hoses outside so you could rinse the sand off, but only one of them had a knob on it.

The only good things that I have to say was that the pools were small, but nice and the security guard was a great guy who was extremely patient and kind to everyone including the loud, partying group of about 20 young people who were there on Friday night who I am certain had to be trying his patience. Also our neighbors in the room next to us were a fantastic family from north Jersey who brought their own grill & invited us to cook out and eat with them. We made new friends, were close to the beach and boardwalk, and had an awesome time despite the horrendous conditions of our room. (They said their rooms were just as bad and they had to switch rooms the first time too.)

I would have thought that most of the problems were maybe due to Hurricane Sandy until I talked to one of our friends who asked us where we stayed. She said that she stayed a few years ago with her kids for a soccer tournament and it was just as awful then.

Room Tip: Book at least 2 months in advance, be willing to pay more, and don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Diana M
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Labor dy weekend. August 31- sept 2. Just got home today.

Checked in at 130 and check out by 140 pm same day....needed room for 4 and were told it was 2 double beds and when we went to room it was a 12x12 hell hole with one bed. Was in room for all of a minute walked back down to get money back or get bigger room and was dealing with one of the few prostitutes that worked that. She was rude threw the papers back at girlfriend an that's where I opened my mouth finally and asked for deposit back immediately and refund. Was told no refund. No manager on duty("wasnt there") looked at girlfriend and told her immediately call for new hotel and I immediately called my bank to have payment disputed since they wouldn't refund me and I had not stayed for more then a minute in the filthy room .

This place should be sued, hit with consumer fraud, condemned, hit for prostitution, etc.

• Stayed August 2013