“2nd time still a charm!”

Skylark Resort Motel
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We take a trip to Wildwood every year and always stay at the Skylark. My nieces have a blast here at the pool and location is really ideal. We are one block from the board walk and the beach which makes it so easy. The owners are super friendly, and always have great recommendations for us for places to eat. We always have a great time when coming here and will continue to come back every year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Skylark Resort Motel

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have been coming to the skylark for 6 years and Its the best! The rooms are clean, location is one block from the boardwalk and just in the center. The owners are extremely nice and go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We would never go any place else. Thanks again Skylark.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura c
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Me,my wife and kids have been coming to wildwood for 8 years now.we decided to stay at skylark motel.The lady at the front desk was a very nice lady named Sophia and helped us to find good restaurants.once we came in the room it smelt and looked very clean.The pool was a good size for me and my kids.overall we had
a great time and will surely come back to the skylark resort!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jbproductions
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This Motel was at best a 2 star. I don't know how people rate this place as good. it is outdated and dirty. The only good thing about it was the location. housekeeping is horrid. the same trash that was on my floor stayed on my floor. remind you she went in the room everyday with a broom. They mop the floor with towels. The location was great we didn't need a car we were just two blocks from the boardwalk. they did bring clean towels and change the sheets everyday which was good. The whole time I was there I slept in my clothes and with the lights on LOL.. The bed was hard as a rock. they have plastic on the mattress so the sheets don't stay on and slide all over the place. I was afraid I was going to be eaten alive (but that didn't happen Thank God). The room smelled staled. The shower had no water pressure and came out in little trinkets. the shower was so dirty and had mold on it. it was disgusting. We had to where flip flops to take a shower and the floor was tile and we dare not walk on that floor bare foot. I would not recommend this place to no one. The price to stay here is pretty expensive $200 plus a night. With that kind of money they need to renovate the place. They do have a pool but it is small and the whole time I did not smell any chlorine???? The boardwalk was tons of fun..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chill2007
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked at Skylark for 2 days and ended up leaving early. It was awful. The room, next to the office, was the worst I've stayed in for decades. It had two double beds and a "kitchette", which included a rusted double burner hot plate. Yucky. Everything about the room and hotel was 2 Star or less. I wouldn't recommended it to anyone. The best thing about it was the deli next door, run by a nice couple with a baby. Inexpensive food and good coffee.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BenjiBoyNYC
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here last year with my husband and two children for labor day weekend. It was 400 for 3 nights. I thought the motel was great. My room was clean and big enough for us. We werent planning on being in the room anyway so it really didnt matter. I will be going back with my family again and I am bringing some more of my family members with me. My kids love wildwood and it is not the room that they are worried about and neither am I. Over all, the staff were friendly, room clean and the boardwalk is right up the street. Perfect location for all of the action.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicky1030
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Original Doo-whop motel in Wildwood. We were staying for the Wildwood Beach Blast soccer tourney on the beach. It was convenient to walk to the fields. However, the room was exactly what I was executing for a motel in Wildwood and I was hoping for more. The room was as clean as it could be for a dated room. The bathrooms were really cramped and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor and really did not drain very well. The beds were very hard, but I actually like them better that way. We brought our own pillows, but the sand from the outside see,Ed to get everywhere - the bed, the floor, everywhere. I can confirm the bed spreads and blankets were definitely not washed between check outs. We had the opportunity to hang out with the other families staying with us at the hotel, but can only imagine how loud we all where because the only place to hang was in front of our rooms and we were not all together. If you are planning to stay, bring your own pillows, blankets and ask for a ton of towels, plus ring something to wipe down the surfaces. Don't expect any luxury, not even close, but it was ok for a couple of nights if you understand that it isn't fancy. The place across the street is Binn's. There was a lot of police activity there the entire time we were there. A few arrests, a few questionable aides of the night, not sure what's up with that, but it was taken care of swiftly and quietly.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family