“Sunflower Motel is the ONLY Place to Stay in Wildwood!!!”
Review of Sunflower Motel

Sunflower Motel
Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Princeton, New Jersey
“Sunflower Motel is the ONLY Place to Stay in Wildwood!!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying at the Sunflower Motel in Wildwood NJ was simply an incredible experience! First, the owners Sandra and Ernie are the most loving, caring and generous hosts (see picture of them ... truly beautiful people, appreciative of the ability to serve you, and proud Americans!) Second, our stay was perfect in all possible ways. The rooms were amazingly clean and sanitized, the facilities and amenities were great, and I would say that the Sunflower is the best value we could have ever hoped for. Whatever was needed was either there or quickly provided (i.e., zip lock bags, nice wine glasses (no need to drink out of plastic cups!), etc, etc, etc. Access to the rooms, plus nice pools, chaise lounge deck, etc was both convenient and more pleasant than expected. While there, we toured each of the various room options ... all are plenty spacious enough and ultra clean! Regardless of room location, there is no street noise, no car headlight or street light worries, and easy access. Finally, their location was optimal, being only about 1/2 block from the CENTER of the boardwalk. Honestly, it was almost effortless to get to and enjoy the best boardwalk on the east coast, plus just steps to one of the biggest and softest sandy beaches I have ever experienced. If you want a great beach vacation, think Wildwood, NJ ... and if you want to make your stay while there both efficient and a beautiful experience, think of no other than Sunflower Motel. PS ... If I could rate a place to stay greater than five stars, the Sunflower would be the only ten stars rating in my book, and I bet for all others as well. Truly, if you book at the Sunflower Motel in Wildwood, NJ, you can relax ... it's everything and more!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Michael C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I have stayed at several Wildwood Motels over the years but our experience at Sunflower has been the best! We literally just returned after our Labor Day stay and will definitely return next year! Sandra and Ernie are professional yet kind owners who genuinely want to ensure you are enjoying your experience at Sunflower. I felt very comfortable chatting with them and when we left Sandra gave us a BIG hug & really made me feel like she was sad to see us go. Our apartment was VERY comfortable for my family of 6, very clean, and quiet. It truly felt like a home away from home. The pool was CLEAN and heated for those days where there was a slight chill out and never felt over crowded (unlike many motels at Wildwood). The location was absolutely ideal: between both piers and about block (if that!) away from boardwalk. I will not only stay here again next year but recommend Sunflower to all my friends/family!

2 Thank PhanGirl
Levittown, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was our second year at the Sunflower. This is our new Wildwood home. We have been going to Wildwood for about 7 years and have tried other motels. Nothing comes close to the Sunflower. Everything is neat and clean. The owners, Sandra and Ernie, are fantastic. They are always around to make sure everything is OK. They don't just say hi, they will sit down and have a conversation with you. They truly want to know how you are doing and if you need anything. Location is perfect. We already made our reservation for 2014!!! Thanks Sandra and Ernie.

Kathy, Levittown, NY

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy1003
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We just got back from Wildwood after many many years. I am so glad I found this motel. The owners are wonderful and treat you like family. The rooms are super clean. Perfect location to the boardwalk. My daughter is already talking about going back. We will definitely be staying here again.

1 Thank otgirl97
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Our experience at the sunflower was a pleasure from the moment we arrived. We were warmly greeted by Sandra upon arrival. Her and Ernie go above and beyond to make you feel like you are a guest in their home. I cannot say enough about the cleanliness of this motel. Above and beyond all expectations. The pride they take in their business shows all throughout the property. The location is amazing, one block from the boardwalk. I am proud to say they have found lifetime customers with our family.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mynjboys11
Cambridge
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We called sunflower at the last minute as we thought of looking for places after we arrived in wildwood. Sandra was super nice and offered the 2 1/2 room suite for our family, courtesy a cancellation the same day. Bless those folks :). The location is conveniently close to the beach. Apparently the fireworks are visible from the outdoor balconies though we did not have a chance to watch them that evening as it was raining. Sandra treats you like family and offered help with every little thing we needed. I highly recommend this place and will be sure to stay the next time I am in Wildwood.

2 Thank ToshKb
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have been going to Wildwood every Summer since I was a baby. I look back on those family vacations and a smile comes across my face, and I find myself laughing. While I have seen many changes to the city and boardwalk, I can't imagine going anywhere else. I have a son now, and I want those same memories of family vacations for him. Ernie and Sandra provide such a place to get things off on the right foot. A family friendly place that is close to the boardwalk and ocean. They provide a wonderful environment to stay in and treat you like one of their family. We miss them already!

1 Thank Jennifer C