“September Weekend”
Review of Sunflower Motel

Sunflower Motel
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the Sunflower for the Irish Fest/Classic Car Show weekend. Never disappointed when we stay with Sandra and Ernie! They are so happy to see us, introduce us to other motel guests and treat us like family. The Sunflower's rooms are always spotless and the pool is so clean. My sister and I brought our 85-year-old Dad this time around and he also remarked about how nice they keep the place. We will definitely return next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank pwills528

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

When was the last time you stayed at a motel and when you got out of the shower and walked across the carpet, your feet were dirtier than before you washed them? This motel is one of the cleanest and nicest in all of Wildwood. I stayed here senior week 1989 and the place is exactly as I remembered it, kinda. Lots of underage drinking back in the day. The owner Sandra is so nice and the place is clean and spotless. Here's another riddle for you, when was the last time you made a resveration and they didn't even ask for a credit card as a deposit? They said oh, we trust you. Then you get a call 3 days before you arrive to make sure your still coming. Who does this anymore? No one if you ask me. This place is all about customer service and some of the other dumps down here could learn a lesson or two. Thank you for a great weekend 9/20-9/22 in room 203, me, my wife and my two teen boys had a great time. Can't wait till next year. Thank you Sandra and the Sunflower motel.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank heaterguy100
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying at the Sunflower Motel in Wildwood NJ was simply an incredible experience! First, the owners Sandra and Ernie are the most loving, caring and generous hosts (see picture of them ... truly beautiful people, appreciative of the ability to serve you, and proud Americans!) Second, our stay was perfect in all possible ways. The rooms were amazingly clean and sanitized, the facilities and amenities were great, and I would say that the Sunflower is the best value we could have ever hoped for. Whatever was needed was either there or quickly provided (i.e., zip lock bags, nice wine glasses (no need to drink out of plastic cups!), etc, etc, etc. Access to the rooms, plus nice pools, chaise lounge deck, etc was both convenient and more pleasant than expected. While there, we toured each of the various room options ... all are plenty spacious enough and ultra clean! Regardless of room location, there is no street noise, no car headlight or street light worries, and easy access. Finally, their location was optimal, being only about 1/2 block from the CENTER of the boardwalk. Honestly, it was almost effortless to get to and enjoy the best boardwalk on the east coast, plus just steps to one of the biggest and softest sandy beaches I have ever experienced. If you want a great beach vacation, think Wildwood, NJ ... and if you want to make your stay while there both efficient and a beautiful experience, think of no other than Sunflower Motel. PS ... If I could rate a place to stay greater than five stars, the Sunflower would be the only ten stars rating in my book, and I bet for all others as well. Truly, if you book at the Sunflower Motel in Wildwood, NJ, you can relax ... it's everything and more!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I have stayed at several Wildwood Motels over the years but our experience at Sunflower has been the best! We literally just returned after our Labor Day stay and will definitely return next year! Sandra and Ernie are professional yet kind owners who genuinely want to ensure you are enjoying your experience at Sunflower. I felt very comfortable chatting with them and when we left Sandra gave us a BIG hug & really made me feel like she was sad to see us go. Our apartment was VERY comfortable for my family of 6, very clean, and quiet. It truly felt like a home away from home. The pool was CLEAN and heated for those days where there was a slight chill out and never felt over crowded (unlike many motels at Wildwood). The location was absolutely ideal: between both piers and about block (if that!) away from boardwalk. I will not only stay here again next year but recommend Sunflower to all my friends/family!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PhanGirl
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was our second year at the Sunflower. This is our new Wildwood home. We have been going to Wildwood for about 7 years and have tried other motels. Nothing comes close to the Sunflower. Everything is neat and clean. The owners, Sandra and Ernie, are fantastic. They are always around to make sure everything is OK. They don't just say hi, they will sit down and have a conversation with you. They truly want to know how you are doing and if you need anything. Location is perfect. We already made our reservation for 2014!!! Thanks Sandra and Ernie.

Kathy, Levittown, NY

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy1003
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We just got back from Wildwood after many many years. I am so glad I found this motel. The owners are wonderful and treat you like family. The rooms are super clean. Perfect location to the boardwalk. My daughter is already talking about going back. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank otgirl97
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Our experience at the sunflower was a pleasure from the moment we arrived. We were warmly greeted by Sandra upon arrival. Her and Ernie go above and beyond to make you feel like you are a guest in their home. I cannot say enough about the cleanliness of this motel. Above and beyond all expectations. The pride they take in their business shows all throughout the property. The location is amazing, one block from the boardwalk. I am proud to say they have found lifetime customers with our family.

• Stayed: August 2013