“Lovely motel”
Review of Sunflower Motel

Sunflower Motel
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at this motel for two nights and we had no complaints. It's very clean, it has a great location, and the owners and staff are wonderful. While I'll admit the room was a bit outdated, it honestly didn't even matter because of how great everything else was. We stayed in the smallest room with the full bed and sofa. It suited us just fine. The bed was comfy, the air conditioner worked great, and the shower had good pressure. If you plan on staying longer though, I would upgrade to the kitchenette. Overall, this hotel was very nice. I especially liked the great service. Sandra, the owner who checked us in, was especially nice and very welcoming. Whenever we saw her she was very friendly and asked how everything was. You could tell she was very hardworking and puts a lot of effort into maintaining the property. Another staff member, Erica, was really nice. She went out of her way to ask if we needed anything and was always extremely friendly. I liked it here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Emily B

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Sunflower is the friendliest and cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at in the Wildwoods. The owners are hands on and very, very nice as are the other guests. You can't beat it's convenience to the boardwalk and beach as it's one block off the boardwalk. Only place I'll ever stay in Wildwood!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Suzan B
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Sunflower Motel is one of the most comfortable and nicest places I have ever stayed. Sandra and Ernie are some the nicest people you will ever meet, they go out of their way to make stay the best it can be. Always clean and a great location just blocks from boardwalk. Very safe and secure as well. If you are visiting Wildwood do your self a favor and stay here.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bn89
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Ratings are true. Very nice, friendly family owned Motel. Central location to all the fun.
Had a toilet issue, management handled it immediately. The 14 year olds had a blast. Will go back when in Wildwood.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank toolsales1
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed at the Sunflower for the Irish Fest/Classic Car Show weekend. Never disappointed when we stay with Sandra and Ernie! They are so happy to see us, introduce us to other motel guests and treat us like family. The Sunflower's rooms are always spotless and the pool is so clean. My sister and I brought our 85-year-old Dad this time around and he also remarked about how nice they keep the place. We will definitely return next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank pwills528
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

When was the last time you stayed at a motel and when you got out of the shower and walked across the carpet, your feet were dirtier than before you washed them? This motel is one of the cleanest and nicest in all of Wildwood. I stayed here senior week 1989 and the place is exactly as I remembered it, kinda. Lots of underage drinking back in the day. The owner Sandra is so nice and the place is clean and spotless. Here's another riddle for you, when was the last time you made a resveration and they didn't even ask for a credit card as a deposit? They said oh, we trust you. Then you get a call 3 days before you arrive to make sure your still coming. Who does this anymore? No one if you ask me. This place is all about customer service and some of the other dumps down here could learn a lesson or two. Thank you for a great weekend 9/20-9/22 in room 203, me, my wife and my two teen boys had a great time. Can't wait till next year. Thank you Sandra and the Sunflower motel.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank heaterguy100
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying at the Sunflower Motel in Wildwood NJ was simply an incredible experience! First, the owners Sandra and Ernie are the most loving, caring and generous hosts (see picture of them ... truly beautiful people, appreciative of the ability to serve you, and proud Americans!) Second, our stay was perfect in all possible ways. The rooms were amazingly clean and sanitized, the facilities and amenities were great, and I would say that the Sunflower is the best value we could have ever hoped for. Whatever was needed was either there or quickly provided (i.e., zip lock bags, nice wine glasses (no need to drink out of plastic cups!), etc, etc, etc. Access to the rooms, plus nice pools, chaise lounge deck, etc was both convenient and more pleasant than expected. While there, we toured each of the various room options ... all are plenty spacious enough and ultra clean! Regardless of room location, there is no street noise, no car headlight or street light worries, and easy access. Finally, their location was optimal, being only about 1/2 block from the CENTER of the boardwalk. Honestly, it was almost effortless to get to and enjoy the best boardwalk on the east coast, plus just steps to one of the biggest and softest sandy beaches I have ever experienced. If you want a great beach vacation, think Wildwood, NJ ... and if you want to make your stay while there both efficient and a beautiful experience, think of no other than Sunflower Motel. PS ... If I could rate a place to stay greater than five stars, the Sunflower would be the only ten stars rating in my book, and I bet for all others as well. Truly, if you book at the Sunflower Motel in Wildwood, NJ, you can relax ... it's everything and more!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple