“always a great place”

Sea Kist Motel
Sea Kist Motel
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just got back from a few days at the Seakist. We stayed in the small apartment for the first time vs the motel rooms. once again we loved it and will be back. We've been staying hear now for a few years. the owner is on top of things and the place is well maintained. the pool is nice and everything is always clean.

Room Tip: the apartments are quieter than the motel area than the pool area. all the rooms are nice. the own...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sea Kist Motel

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here just for a couple of nights, peak season. A gem of a place. Pool is on the small side but not that big a deal. Room was very clean, very well air conditioned, spotless bathroom. Kitchenette was well equipped. Owner is very pleasant and welcoming and a pleasure to talk to. A free parking space means you can go car free for your stay as the location is superb, yards from the beach and boardwalk. Diner and store nearby. Fast food within a stones throw but far enough away from the fair rides not to be disturbed by them. The boardwalk "train" terminates very close by, so for $3 you can get a lift to the shows, or more to the point get a lift back when you're tired walking about.
I see a lot of the reviews have moaned about how far it is from the boardwalk down the beach to the sea. The beach is a fine sandy beach that is cleaned on a daily basis, plenty of litter bins, chair and umbrella rentals. I would sooner have a long beach to walk down, more choice of where I want to sit, plenty of room to throw balls / frisbees, than be crammed in. I visited in peak season and although it was busy, there's loads of room. The sea was surprisingly warm. We were treated to a pod of dolphins showing off some 50 yards off shore. If you're that bothered about the distance from boardwalk to shore you can get a beach taxi.
If I were to return to Wildwood I would use Sea Kist Hotel again, I wouldn't even bother to look at any other places.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kwirkle
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This past Friday (8/9)I decided I wanted to go to the beach for a night with my two children and my father. I knew I was taking a shot in the dark on this but I started calling all over Wildwood. Most places had a minimum stay and all were so outrageously priced that I had almost given up hope until I called The SeaKist. I talked to Ann and asked about a room for Saturday night. She had one open and we took it.

We were greated the next morning by Ann who was an amazing owner and gracious host. Ann is what makes the SeaKist what it is. She has an attention to detail and friendly attitude that you don't find anymore. Infact, my dad and I were so impressed we actually decided to stay for an extra two nights!!

The location is awesome I liked that it wasn't in the hustle and bustle of the attraction piers but it was at the beginning of the boardwalk and is the start of the Tramcar which we definitely utilized the nights we went to the piers.

The pool, like most reviews have said is small. But it's clean and most guests are friendly and I didn't feel like we were intruding on anyone. And to mirror what everyone else has said the rooms and outside are clean and well kept. You can tell Ann takes pride in her Motel.

Overall I would recommend The SeaKist to anyone who wants a great experience with a wonderful price. We for sure will be back.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank ehewitt83
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our family stayed at the Sea Kist this past week and had a wonderful time! Its location is excellent! Located at the end of the boardwalk across from the Ocean Towers, you get the best of both worlds - the quiet Wildwood Crest feel and the proximity of the excitement of the boardwalk! The beach is directly accessible right across the street. You can ride the tram car to the end of the line which will let you off, again, right across the street. It's within walking distance from decent restaurants - Little Italy, Duffers, Surfside West and Stuey's (for a delicious cappuccino). The hotel itself is quite clean. It's a standard Wildwood motel, though. Nothing fancy here. Our biggest complaint was the pool, which is VERY small. Even the area around the pool is small. I sat on a lounge chair one morning and I got wet from the normal splashes of the few swimmers. When my husband and I were in the pool with our kids the next day, we felt like 1) we were hogging the entire pool because there were 5 of us and, 2) that we were on display - entertaining - the hotel-goers who were in such close proximity poolside. Honestly, our pool at home is larger. But, hey, we came to the beach for the BEACH, not the pool...so if you can get over a tiny pool and pool area, then the SeaKist is a great choice!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stay here every year for Color Guard and Percussion Finals. Owner and staff are great. Clean and comfortable. They are always available when you need them. Rooms are spacious and have a mini kitchen.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our stay at the Sea Kist was amazing! The friendly staff were always working hard to meet the expectations of it's customers. Ann, the owner makes the stay so comfortable And is there when you need her with answers to all your questions. Staying at the sea kist was an amazing and friendly experience and a great place to bring your family and friends!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Many options! Not just motel rooms. They also have a 3bed house to rent and 5 apartments! We stayed in a 2bed apt which was perfect!

Excellent location. Cross the main drag and you're on the sand. Located near the end if the boardwalk so there's a few shops, pizza, ice cream and an arcade. Just enough without the loud boardwalk crowds.

Very clean. Beth, the housekeeper is super friendly and does a great job!

Well be back next year! Thank you, Ann for Bother great stay !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Arepole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
Dolphin Inn
Dolphin Inn
#14 of 75 in Wildwood
The StarLux Hotel & Suites

Been to Sea Kist Motel? Share your experiences!