“Cool place to pop into for vintage finatics”
Review of Route 66

Route 66
Ranked #35 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: A 1950's themed restaurant & pizzeria that is not your typical boardwalk food! We have a little bit of everything, including a kids menu. Best gyro on the boards, quality French fries, original wraps/paninis. All food made to order.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went to Route 66 Diner a couple of times with a group of photographers while on a recent trip to Wildwood. The owner Dino and the staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Fun place, interesting collectibles and you get that authentic vintage diner feel. Everyone really enjoyed everything they ate and Dino is known for his pizzas as well....just know portions are huge so arrive hungry.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I was on the boardwalk and asked two cops for the best food on the boardwalk. They pointed me to Route 66. I am not kidding: Santa Claus, three police officers, and several families were all eating there when I entered. Portions were HUGE, service was super friendly, food was excellent (great cheesesteak, burger, onion rings) restaurant was clean and welcoming. Definitely the best, cleanest boardwalk restaurant. Owner was a huge sweetheart, too, and personally came out and thanked us for eating there. Couldn't have done anything better.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

What is it that makes 'the route' a place you keep coming back for more? You could say it's the phenomenal service from the energetic waitresses. Perhaps it's the owners Dino and Ria who will ensure you're your meal is above your expectations. Is it the extensive menu with something for just about anyone? How about the scrumptious food that keeps you coming back for more? I'd have to say it's all of the above and more. Each year, my husband and I journey to Route 66 from Toronto because it's just that good. I have yet to taste a cheesesteak that's comparable (seriously...hands down and I've been to some famous places in Philly). If you want to be healthy, have the 'el paso' salad - I don't know what they put in that chipotle dressing but i found out it's made onsite and it's amazing. Oh, and don't get me started on the pizza. Now, having tried some of the countless pizza joints on the boards that claim they're the best, I believe most are favourites because of tradition. You must give their pizzas a try; I've never been a fan of a plain cheese pizza and I became a fan immediately. Now, knowing how good the cheese pizza was I had to try a few more....no matter which one you try, you'll be back for more.

I highly recommend this place and I hope this review will convince you to give this place a try. You will not regret it...trust me. Go on...get your kicks at the 'Route 66'. Oh and tell Elvis I say hi!

2  Thank Mellie D
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a great place to eat on the boardwalk. The burgers were excellent and very larger portions. The servers were nice, friendly and soo cute! The owners Dino & Ria went out of the way to make sure everything was good at our table and always made sure we had a great time on the boardwalk.

Being from Toronto, we will always make sure to stop and eat at the Route 66 when in Wildwood!!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

As we walked in for diner over Labor Day wknd, the hostess greeted us immediately. Our server on the money: polite, efficient & attentive. Unlike some places on the B'Walk that have a dingy, skeeve factor, this one was clean. The food was good diner food. Would patronize again.