“Great Food and Welcoming Staff”
Review of Route 66

Route 66
Ranked #34 of 163 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: A 1950's themed restaurant & pizzeria that is not your typical boardwalk food! We have a little bit of everything, including a kids menu. Best gyro on the boards, quality French fries, original wraps/paninis. All food made to order.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Food and Welcoming Staff”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've been coming to Wildwood since I was a kid but didn't remember seeing Route 66 before so when the kids said they were hungry we decided to stop in for something quick to eat. We were surprised by the extremely friendly team at the counter---I mean the employees really seemed to be happy to be there and have us sit down and eat! We decided to go inside when we noticed it was a full restaurant with comfortable booth seating. The menu was well rounded and offered a lot of choices and with two picky kids that was important. The kids immediately decided on cheese steaks after saying they didn't want one at another restaurant. The service was flawless and quick. Definitely adding this restaurant to my Wildwood tradition. Nice, clean and great retro flare.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank sb1103

Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA
“Should be #1 in all of Wildwood, not just the boardwalk”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great food, great service, warm atmosphere. We were seated right away. Last year we had to wait for a table and knowing that there are plenty of other places to eat, the staff will give you a warm welcome, that makes you feel at home and you don't mind waiting. The food is great too. My wife had Cheesesteak and I had a Chicken Salad. Prices are very reasonable for a boardwalk restaurant at a vacation destination.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank JimmyConroy
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Great Service and Great Pizza!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Like anything at the beach, the prices are not cheap, but not crazy here. The service was great and the location was right on the boardwalk, right in the action. The environment was nice and mostly clean. We ordered the white pizza and it was amazingly good. I would eat it again each night. The pizzas are huge, 20 inches I think. The fries are good too. Good lively place for the family.

2 Thank Jason C
New Jersey
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were on our way back to our place from the pier. Remembered someone recommended this place to me. This place is very lively with the music playing as well as the energetic & extremely professional staff. My husband who is picky when it comes to pizza, loved it. The Italian hoagie was equally good, Not sure what type of bread on which it was made but it was YUMMY!!!
See you next year....And paid under $20 for both!! They have a dining area that looked inviting as well.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank JamaicanQueen39
wilmington
“Awesome food/Pizza”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I always laugh as right next door the lines for Sams pizza is so long. Having had all the pizza on the boardwalk, including Macks, Route 66 has by far the best. Again last night we ordered the White Pie, -garlic and mozzarella, so delicious. Perfect tasting, Nice thin crust, throughout, the edge crust was wonderfully crispy on the outside with the right doughiness on the inside. So much better than Sams, I'll never go there again. I always order a full pie as well vs a piece so it comes out perfect from the oven instead of a reheat piece. Their other food is all good as well. Plus their customer service is great. Shout out to Steve super service with a bounce and smile, love to to see that down the beach when so often you don't get it. Its also got a cool 50s vibe as well. Their prices are reasonable, but they aren't the cheapest by far on the boards.

• Visited June 2014