“The best on the Boardwalk!!”
Review of Route 66

Route 66
Ranked #32 of 170 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: A 1950's themed restaurant & pizzeria that is not your typical boardwalk food! We have a little bit of everything, including a kids menu. Best gyro on the boards, quality French fries, original wraps/paninis. All food made to order.
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Their service is amazing and the food is DELICIOUS! This restaurant is one of my favorites! I ordered their Homemade French Toast is is so yummy, and their marinara sauce is the best. Route 66 has amazing service and they are truly one of the best restaurants in Wildwood,NJ!

2  Thank Mollie C

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My son has severe food allergies (milk, eggs and tree nuts). We were in Wildwood for vacation and had trouble finding restaurants willing to accommodate our needs. We tried Route 66, and the experience was fabulous. Fernando offered to cook a hamburger in a separate pan, allowed us to check labels for ingredients, and made sure there wasn't cross contamination. Our son was able to eat Route 66's french fries as well. The rest of us enjoyed our dining experience too. The food was delicious. We ate at Route 66 three times because of the positive experience. We'll go back next summer for sure!

1  Thank Angie B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food selection is pretty good, but the taste is a hit or miss. I ordered the Route 66 sandwich (with chicken and spinach) and it was pretty good, but the fries were not. Hubby was not impressed with his philly sandwich nor with the fries. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We visited Route 66 while on a family vacation. The food was fine - nothing special but nothing to complain about. However, we were very disappointed with the service we received.
A few examples..........
When we asked for Lemon with our Water, we were told "we don't have lemon".
When we asked for an "unsweetened" ice tea and were told "we only have sweetened".
They asked how we wanted our burgers cooked, to which we responded "medium" and then we were told "sorry - all our meats are cooked well". (that's fine, but don't ask me how I want it cooked if I don't have an option).
When I asked for some silverware, the waitress asked "what do you need silverware for?"
(I needed it to cut my sons food!)
If it was just one thing that came up - I wouldn't really care, but the combination of rude and poor service confirmed that we will not go back to eat there next year.

2  Thank KMags27
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I can't believe this gets such a high rating on Trip Advisor! I got a "Corvette" burger. Reminded me of what I got at the high school cafeteria, my 7 and 5 year olds ordered the mac and cheese. Really, $4 for a small bowl of Kraft Mac and Cheese. Fries were nothing special. At the end of it all came to $60 for a party of 6 (which includes my two children). Not a good deal with so many other options on the boardwalk.

2  Thank Traveler14802014