“Excellent dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Davis Avenue
Description: Entering our ninth season, Ice House Bar and Grille is emerging as the option of choice for "down the shore" dining and relaxing. Check out the Island's ONLY "Wine Nook" serving an upscale wine list by the glass or bottle along with our "wine flights" to give you a taste of something new! The dining room is perfect for parties of all sizes, two to twenty or more! Our kitchen staff prides itself in creatively preparing the freshest seafood, finest steaks, awesome flatbreads, our all new Ice House Mac N Cheese, sandwiches and burgers and even a children's menu in a comfortable and contemporary setting. Our Deck is a great alternative if you're only in the mood for appetizers and/or a sandwiches or a lite meal while enjoying the view overlooking Otten's Harbor.Whether it's relaxing bay views on the Deck or dinner in the air-conditioned upscale dining room, Ice House has something for the whole family, aged two to ninety-two!
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner last night, the pork chop was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The new wine room is beautiful. Will definitely be returning for dinner again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just had a dinner of chicken parm and the chicken was deep fried and too crunchy. The cheese was so thin I could see the chicken. The salad was good and the linguini was also good. The problem might be they are just opening for the summer season and not up to speed. The dessert was frozen rice pudding which I never thought of serving cold.

I would try this place again in the middle of the season.

Jeanette B, Owner at The Ice House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

First, let me clarify that you were with a "tour group". Also, let me say that your dinner is complimentary, on us policy of those booking the tours, since you were the bus driver. The other thing is that we were only open to serve your group and were not open to the public. Having said that I find your "review" very unfair.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I really enjoy watching the sunset from the rooftop bar. The drinks/drink specials are good and the food is reasonable and delicious. I have never eaten in the inside dining room because I am a vegetarian and did not see anything on the menu that I could eat. The rooftop does have a veggie wrap and some good salads. There is also nice live entertainment at times.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This is by far one of the best restaurants in all of the Wildwoods. The Ice House provides two different areas for dining. The first floor of the restaurant is for a nice sit down meal. It offers a terrific menu, great food and educated staff. The upstairs atmosphere offers a patio bar with scaled back menu, great music and outside seating.
We choose to eat downstairs and then go upstairs for cocktails and enjoy the live band. We had a large party and everyone tried something different from the menu. Everyone, from Grandpop to the teenagers loved their meal. The food was excellent and the service was great. The waitress was friendly, knowledgeable and well trained. The quality of the food was superb.
After dinner the kids went to the boardwalk and the adults went upstairs to enjoy cocktails and the band. We had a great family outing. I felt like we were on a cruise ship and I was pleased to find a place in Wildwood that provides excellent food. Real food, on real plates. It was great experience.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

First, thank goodness I called to find out exactly where they were as because it's very busy for Labor Day weekend (Friday night) and Restaurant week, the hostess recommended we put our names in, granted, for 15 minutes later but a reservation none the less.

We opted for the restaurant week menu, 4 amazing courses $30. Considering their entrees were $25, this was a steal! I have never been in a place that turns food out so fast. We both had the bacon wrapped scallops, my hubby had the Richmond Chowder, I had the Caesar salad, he had filet Oscar, I had the crab cakes and for dessert he had key lime pie and I had a chocolate mousse cake.
They advertise their cab cakes as # 2 in NJ. I grew up near Baltimore and crab cakes usually don't impress me, however, I can't imagine what #1 tastes like as these were the BEST crab cakes I've ever had....anywhere. My hubby's filet was melt in your mouth and the crab on top was high quality lump, not junk crab.
They turned a lot of people away that didn't have reservations as they were getting really busy but if your down here, give it a try, great place for sure!!