“Great Choice for First Wildwood Dining Experience”
Review of Pacific Grill

Pacific Grill
Ranked #18 of 167 Restaurants in Wildwood
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Taylor Ave.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This restaurant was strongly recommended by a friend who visits Wildwood yearly. She indicated it was pricey but consistently good. We visited tonight and was surprised by the ease of securing a reservation and free parking. We also chose the price fix menu which was a bargain at $24 each.
Though the selections were limited,neither of us were disappointed with our choices- the kobi burger, short rib and shrimp scampi. The service was excellent- pleasant and timely. I don't know if the quality and service stacks up in season but we were very satisfied with our first visit. And you can bring your own alcohol with no corkage fees.

3  Thank Maggie C

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a great meal. # people had the short ribs, they just melt in your mouth and are very savory. I had the pork and loved it. the only dish that was average was the salmon, it just needed something to perk it up. the service was excellent. We will be back again, this was our 6th or 7th time there.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
5  Thank EricG1954
Reviewed 30 August 2013

A very nice place for dinner. I've driven by a number of times and never thought twice of going in for dinner. One evening I decided to try it and I can't believe I waited so long. Food was great and service was very pleasant. The owner greeted us and took very good care of our table. I enjoyed eating in Wildwood again and will go back before the end of September.

4  Thank WWCSeaview
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Last week my wife and I had dinner at the Pacific Grill and were pleasantly surprised. We had no reservation and the owner/manager allowed us to select an open table anywhere in the restaurant (we're very fussy diners). When we finally selected a table he did inform us that there was going to be a party of 18 very near us and it could get loud. We opted to keep the table and the party was well-behaved . . . whew!

We had forgotten that this was a BYOB restaurant, but they did offer local Cape May wines. Again, we were very pleasantly surprised that two reds were very drinkable (one was a light red, half bottle, table wine for $18 and the other a more complex red for $30). While a bit over priced, they were nonetheless very nice bottles of wine and complemented our dinners well.

Brianna, our server, was very friendly, professional, and patient with us . . . just the kind of server we like. She answered all our questions and when she didn't know the answer, found an answer for us. Since we don't like being rushed thru dinner, and we told her as much, it was nice to have someone who understood and accommodated our dining needs.

The crab cake appetizer with a mango salsa was very good. My wife's fillet mignon was prepared as ordered and my short ribs with a vanilla chai glaze had a very interesting flavor and were fork-tender. The chef was also accommodating when we requested certain "changes" to the entrees as listed on the menu (my wife requested and received an au poivre sauce) . . . which we greatly appreciate! My only criticism would be that both were served over a small bed of mashed potatoes and green beans which seemed a little pedestrian.

Considering this is Wildwood and "fine dining" is hard to find . . . this cozy little restaurant with the white table cloths and napkins was a pleasant surprise and we would not hesitate to return. I only wish some patrons would dress up a little instead of wearing t-shirts and jeans. But that's just me.

The owners also have a second restaurant in Cape May called the Union Park dining room in the Hotel Macomber which we would not hesitate to try the next time we're in Cape May.

Thanks for the nice dinner and experience!

2  Thank FairReview2
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Staff fabulous. Food melted in your mouth. Well worth the money owner says hello, checks on your satisfaction.

2  Thank littlepeach63